the damned

the damned

A Chapter by lonewolfatheart

the next two days seemd to drag by. every tree looked the same, flowers had twins and well dog, wasn't the talkative type. dakota wasn't exactly a social butterfly herself, so that trait they seemed to share. she was so restless, thirsting for some action. the last fight wasn't exactly enought to spike her blood pressure and elevate her adrenaline level. it was very disappointing. occasionally dog would mutter something about upcoming riders. dakota secretly hoped that they were outlaws and that they would rob her, so that she could kick their teeth into their lower intestine for them. then dog would remind her that he could hear her thoughts and explain that she was a little too eager for blood.

so dog, any family, cubs, mistresses? she chuckled to herself. she was a bit rummy, sleep deprivation will do that to you.

i did have a family. my pack was attacked a couple moons ago,by a pack of renegade bloodsuckers. i lost my whole pack. he delivered flatly.

where were you when it happened? she eased, she knew it was a tender subject, but it might explain why he would tag up with a hunter.

speaking with elders, i could not make it to them in time. emotion started penetrating the statement, she could feel it.

edlers?

pheonix leaders.

why? what business do you hold?

you. you are destined for greatness. i am here for far deeper causes than to be a companion dakota. i am here to assist you, and also train you in your hidden gift.

you have my attention.

i am here to train you in my specialty. you are a shapeshifter.

no it isn't possible. i don't possess the gift.

it is very possible. you are a half breed pheonix. you walk in their world without thirst. yopu are their end.

we will see. shapeshifting huh? ashe though tclosing her mind. feeling him probe for her reatction.her father had been the shapeshifter. not her. she tried many times, always missing sucess......she couldn't tap into it.

 

the ride continiued in silence. dakota not wanting to talk about her not being able to tap into the gift. and mikhail unsure on how touchy of a subject it had been. they were almost to akasha's estate.maybe it would help. but given prior experiences, it was unlikely.

 

akasha vega's home made eastwick look pathetic.it dwarfed to tsuch an extent that dakota hated coming here. the guardsmen opend ted the gate hastily at her approach. she rode square up to the enormous front doors and dismounted handing the reins to the stable boy.

mikhail, i will call yuyou soon. be ready.

yes my lady.he spoke as he turned to the skeptical stable boy. probably afraid that he might get eaten by the massive canine if he made a wrong move.

 this wasn't going to be a plesant vist.she could hear it now.

the butler attacked her at the door with meaningless chatter about various projects going on about the manor. she was polite but wasn't exactly interested in what he had to say.

where is my mother? she asked impatiently.

in the library, meditating. she isnt expecting your visit, actually i am quite shocked at your arrival. he chimed pleasantly.

good, i intended to keep it unexpected as long as possible. she smiled curtly.

she made her way up the massive stone steps, bypassing the wards her mother had set to trigger anyone's prescence with very little difficulty. after all, she was extremely powerful, even without devoting full focus to her goals. akasha was not aware of dakotas prescence until she was halfway across the massive library, which was lined floor to ceiling with ancient testaments of old practices and certain mystical cultures. akashas head looked away from the fire that had devoured he attention for the last three hours, meditating on what to do with the mischievious pixies that had decided to plague her beloved herb garden with flowers and butterflies. It was a dark herb garden, not some ridiculous scene out of a childs story.

you're getting better at disguising your aura. she said smugly, slightly upset that she was caught off guard.

i've have been practicing. she smiled, impressed with herself for elevating her mothers blood pressure.

you come unannouced, it must be of great importance. she felt her mother trying to press into her thoughts and feelings, she brushed her attempt off.

my love life would be the subject of conversation, if there wasn't more pressing issues at the moment. dakota answered swiftly.

her mother smirked. oh and what is this pressing issue?

mother, the time is nearing... the end... my familiar has found me.

akashas demeanor changed suddenly, almost icily.

bring him. she ordered.

mikhail... come. she thought. as soon as the thought passed through her mind she heard the front door slam open and a very flustered butler yipe from being startled. the massive timberwolf hustled up the stairs with such speed within the blink of an eye he was at his companions feet.

mother, this is mikhail. my familiar.

her mother was silent. for she knew the importance of the event that has presented itself.

a timberwolf. a very dominate form dakota.are you sure?

yes, he found me and made the connection. he is sure that he is my familiar. i agree with him.

what doe he believe is your gift?

shapeshifting. she winced, waiting for her mothers snide comment.



© 2009 lonewolfatheart


Author's Note

lonewolfatheart
ignore my terrible grammer, punctuation and capitlzation lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on November 7, 2008
Last Updated on September 9, 2009


Author

lonewolfatheart
lonewolfatheart

the hot zone, CA



About
i'm kiley. i have a dark sense of humor. i enjoy it. i'm not normal. so what? more..

Writing
Bounty Bounty

A Story by lonewolfatheart