Chapter 7: Disadero's and wrestling

Chapter 7: Disadero's and wrestling

A Chapter by violet michelle

A cheery ding sounded and it just made me realize how un-cheery my life was. Blah. I leaned over the counter, my eyelids half closed.

“Yo, Capelle!” Ray’s suddenly familiar voice called, as he banged on the counter next to my ear. I jolted up, my eyes wide.

“Thank you for that, Mr. Ko.” I rolled my eyes sarcastically.

“You look awful,” He remarked teasingly, “just kidding.”  He wore a black t-shirt, black skinny jeans and a grey hoodie.

“I didn’t get a good night’s sleep.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“I see. I got you a Fro-Yo.” He explained, holding out a small white plastic cup of raspberry frozen yogurt.

“Thanks, Ray.” I smiled sweetly, pulling the small bright blue spoon out of the lump of frozen yogurt. I spooned some into my mouth and sighed.

“Isn’t your shift over?” He asked, eating his own frozen yogurt, which I knew for a fact was chocolate-banana, because I’m just that stalker-ish.

“It’s supposed to be, but Jeff’s late getting back.” I explained gloomily.

“Oh,” he sighed, and then breathed in and out and smiled slightly, “what are we going to do today?”
“Well, I’m going out with Matt, Scottie and Zoe. You could tag along.” I explained.

“Oh, I’d hate to be a...” He counted the numbers mentally, rolling his eyes slowly, “fifth wheel.”
“You wouldn’t be. I promise we won’t act all couple-y. Well, Matt and I won’t. What are we going to do about Zoe and Scottie?” I sighed.

“I don’t know. He’s pretty into her though, but I’m not sure which parts. I just know he hasn’t been hanging with the guys lately, he’s been mostly with Zoe.” He nodded.

“Wouldn’t I know it...” I snort-laughed. Everyday it seemed, Scottie would arrive at ten am, sinking in the realisation that he was a pedophile, yes, that was my conclusion. Scottie was much too old for Zoe, so he was a pedophile. And Zoe and him would swim, watch movies, hang out in our bedroom (which was forbidden but I did not tell my parents because I was an amazing sister) and made a lot of noise. Whether it was giggling, squealing, fighting or smacking sounds, it was loud.

The ding of the door-bell sounded again and in came Jeff, sweaty and beaming, with a pretty blonde girl under his arm.

“Hey Alyssa, I’d like you to meet Christina. You can go.” He nodded.

“Hi,” I nodded toward Christina and then asked Jeff, “is it hot out? You’re soaked in your own sweat.”

“It’s scorching. You might want to head to the beach.” He arched both eyebrows. I nodded, taking in his advice, and then immediately checked it off. Beach, where Zoe got in a cat-fight. Beach, where Zoe got friendly with someone who looked like he was from the Jersey Shore. Beach, where Zoe and I ultimately lost our sisterly bond. Not happening.

“Let’s go. When’s Matt coming to get you?” He asked.
“He’s going to be at my house any minute now. We should get going.” I replied, glancing at my watch. Ray nodded and I jumped out from behind the counter and we scurried to his car.

 

“Zoe, I’m back. Are you ready to go? Matt’s in the driveway!” I yelled up the stairs as we entered the house. Ray was outside, talking to Matt and Scottie. I’d walked right by Matt and marched into the house. No kisses. Every time he saw me with Ray he went into full-on-jeaulous-mode and it was not pretty.

“Yeah!” She called, and ran downstairs. She was wearing dark denim short shorts and a white v-neck t-shirt. She wore big silver hoop earrings and her sidebangs were in a poof, while the rest of her hair was curled and shiny. I, on the other hand, was wearing a denim mini-skirt, a salmon-coral-pink tank top and a slouchy off-the-shoulder mauve sweater. She slipped on her grey uggs and I glanced at her curiously.

“It’s really hot out. Why don’t you wear flip flops?” I asked.

“These look cute with my outfit.” She shrugged, skipping out the door. I hovered slowly behind. I’d promised myself when I was twelve, that I was not going to be a vain and superficial teen who cared more about looking cute then getting heat stroke. And I thought Zoe had made that promise too, only when she was ten, but I guessed now that she had not. Boo.

“Miss Liss!” Matt yelled, which I expected. That was how he always greeted me, along with his group of friends. Ray, on the other hand, called me Capelle.

“Hey.” I waved shyly, and he hopped out of his big black truck. He bounced over to me and pulled me close to him.

“I see you invited Ko. You look beautiful.” He leaned over and kissed me lightly.

“Thank you, and yes. Is that okay?” I asked hopefully. He nodded, biting at his bottom lip. He took my hand in his and led me to the truck. I climbed into the back with Ray and Zoe, while Scottie and Matt occupied the passenger and driver’s seat.

 

We drove along the streets of downtown Nova Scotia, passing other cars quickly. Matt pulled over by the curb, climbing out.

“Let’s get something to eat.” He suggested, and we all got out of his truck. Matt grabbed my arm and tugged on it. I skipped towards him, cuddling his arm tightly with both of mine.

“Pizza?” Ray asked. Zoe walked beside Scottie, his arm draped over her shoulder. She was so tiny next to him, it looked a little strange watching them walk along the sidewalk together.

“Disadero’s is the best.” Scottie remarked, opening the door to the small pizza deli. Zoe smiled at him and entered the shop, along with the rest of us. There was a tv on a shelf on the wall, playing ‘The Price Is Right’.

“I love this show!” Zoe squealed, sitting down at the long table right in front of it. I sat down next to her, and the boys sat on the other side of the table.

“That’s sexy.” Scottie teased, and Matt laughed. Zoe blushed, and put her game-face on.

“I know I am.” She grinned. My cheeks burned with irritation. It wasn’t my business what Zoe did. It really wasn’t. The show cut to commercials, and on came Justin Bieber, that little squeaky-voiced-helmet-head-boy, singing ‘Baby’.
“JB! JB!” Zoe cheered, wiggling in her seat.

“She loooooves him.” I deepened my voice, gesturing towards her.

“Ah! I forgot. Speaking of music the Capelle sisters love, here.” Ray exclaimed, pulling a CD case out of his jacket. He held it out to me and Matt craned his neck to see what it was.

“It’s Pink Floyd. I know you like their new CD, The wall, so I burned it for you.” He explained, leaning over and popping open the case. He pointed at the CD, that had each track written on it, and pictures of the band.

“Thanks! I really wanted this, that’s great.” I grinned, and slipped it inside my purse. The rest of lunch there was an awkward sensation of tenseness between Matt and I. His cheeks were burning red and he looked super mad. Then he drove Zoe and I home, and shot me a hopeful glance that said, aren’t you going to stop this? when Ray followed us inside. I just ignored it, despite my conscience screaming at me to tell Ray that he and I could never have anything. Except, who said he wanted something? I mean, for all I knew, he could completely despise me. But I hoped he didn’t. I prayed he didn’t.

“Let’s go upstairs.” Ray suggested. He’d come over a lot the past few weeks, so he knew the house well.

“She’s not allowed to have boys in our room.” Zoe protested, placing her hands on her hips.

“I never tell Mom when you have Scottie in our room. If you tell on me I’ll tell you how you’re in there every day with him making out.” I threatened. She blushed, glancing at Ray.

“Fine.” She replied stubbornly. I smiled, and Ray and I hurried out to mine and Zoe’s bedroom. He jumped onto my bed. I walked over to him, my hands on my hips. He glanced up at me for a moment, and pounced on me, his head butting into my stomach.

“Umph!” I grunted as he stuck his bony shoulder in my stomach, hanging me over his shoulder. I kicked at his chest and he fell back. I wrestled him off of me, giggling.

“One...” I counted down, holding him against the bed. He pushed me off and we kicked at eachother, our arms flailing. Every few moments I’d catch a blurry glimpse of his beautiful smile, and my heart would melt. He pinned me to the bed, his hair hanging down over his face, as he smiled down at me.

“One...two...three!” He exclaimed, and held up his arm in triumph. He fell back, breathless, next to me and sighed. He gazed over at me, and reached over. He placed his hand behind my ear and edged close to me. My breathing became ragged and un-even, as my heart pounded. My blood screamed inside my veins. He leaned over, parting his lips. I let out a deep breath.

“No,” I stood up, pushing my hair out of my face, “I’m sorry. I just can’t.” He sat up, holding his hands up in his defense.

“I’m sorry. I’ll go.” He gazed at me soulfully, his eyes sparkling.

“I-” I began, but he ran out. I crashed onto my bed with a loud sigh. Goddammit.



© 2010 violet michelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

....


BUT, WAIT.
NO, WAIT.
NOOO!

The moment... That moment.
WHY?! D:
It could've... The KISS... They, but... NO!
Ohmygoodness.

NEXT CHAPTER, NOW!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Added on August 8, 2010
Last Updated on August 8, 2010


Author

violet michelle
violet michelle

Saskatchewan, Davidson, Canada



About
Beauty queen of only eighteen, she had some trouble with herself. He was always there to help her, she always belonged to someone else. I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I'v.. more..

Writing
Lies Lies

A Poem by violet michelle