Aza

Aza

A Story by heartsinice
"

Aza is a 12 year old girl who lost her parents, but found herself. (The world is dead around her, only her thoughts live)

"
Have you ever noticed how clouds seem to bend time?
Obviously that's not a true statement, but with a little imagination it sure can come true.
If only you could freeze death and life simultaneously.
Similar to a cloud that looks like it's at a stand still, but is moving to slow for the naked eye to notice.
The car accident that took they're lives, Aza's parents. 
During that limbo between realms, how she would have loved to say goodbye one final time.
The sound of metal clashing, tires screeching, her moms frighting high pitched screen.
This is the scenery that keeps her up at night, sleepless nights have been countless.
One day, on her way to the market with her headphones in and hoodie over head.
Just low enough to cover her eyebrows, and shield her vision to the world around her.
In the store she finds her way to the fruits and vegetable aisle.
She picks up a cantaloupe and smells it, that sweet and nutty smell seeping through its ripe skin.
This puts her in a slight daze as she daydreams of her mother in the kitchen cutting the fruit.
Just as she envisions her mother about to slice it open, the dream is startled by a small touch.
A stranger tall, just like her father , but with a smaller build.
His hair as black as the deepest black hole imagined, skin coarse as if he worked in the sun for 3 days straight.
He looks Aza in the eyes, his eyes is a sharp brown like polished cabinets in a winter cabin.
"The pain only last, as long as you give it life" he says in a raspy tone similar to a pirates tone if she were to compare.
"What do you mean by that?" Aza ask with a baffled look on her face in confusion.
(Do I look in pain?) Aza thinks to herself, and (Why approach me of everyone in the store?)
"Tonight before you sleep, put this coin under your pillow and dream of life" He says as he hands her a bronze coin with clouds on each side.
She examines the coin and puts it in her pocket and just as she looks back up he has Vanished.
Aza grabs the few items she needs, heads to the register, pays and heads back home
She then next spends the few hours thinking about that strangers words as she plays with the coin between her fingers
By this time its almost eight pm, she has ate her dinner , and is getting ready for bed.
So as she handles the necessary things before turning in, she stops and looks out her window into the midnight blue sky
Normally her eyes are swollen and puffed from all the crying over reminiscing over her parents.
But tonight was different , as she gets beneath the covers she takes the coin and slides it underneath the pillow.
Just then a cool chill comes over her as if someone had opened up her window. 
As this strange feeling looms over her, she slowly and cautiously closes her eyes 
Quickly falling in a deep sleep. It feels as though she is falling through darkness 
So dark that she cant even see her hands in front of her face, all of a sudden her body comes to a halt mid air
Then a bright light fills the space, turning into a small white room with the door closed.
"Knock,Knock Knock" Someone is at the door, Aza trembles in fear! The door opens slowly 
Aza's eyes widen , the figure is average height, curly jet black hair, and a smile just like the one she has on now
Her mother walks through the room , dressed in a vibrant white dress and sits across from her.
"Your pain has blinded you from the world around you. You will die before even knowing yourself"
"How can I move on without you ?" Aza asks her 
"With each disappointment in life, lies a lesson inside it. The most beautiful-est things grow under the worst condition's"
"This was mean't to make your story even greater, to give your testimony more power"
"So it takes the deepest pain to dig up the biggest diamond huh?" Asa says
"We will always be with you and watching...our love for you lives on" says the mother
A loud "BOMB" fills the room as if thunder had stricken the table.
With a big breath as if she was out of air Aza awakens out of her sleep , by this time its daylight.
She quickly turns over her pillow to look for the coin , just like the stranger at the store it vanished
Today feels different though, a new sense of purpose, new life has been filled inside her.
Life is worth living again, the world is worth seeing, and her dreams are worth chasing. 
"The pain, only last if you give it life"..."Today I lay the pain to rest"!
Today I give birth to AZA

© 2018 heartsinice


Author's Note

heartsinice
This was freestyle written in 10 mins, no rough drafts. Just a raw form of imagination given in its pure form. Hope you enjoy! Leave a comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Powerful with an amazing moral. For a 10 minute freestyle you were able to portray a lot of things and keep on topic. A feat I could only imagine. Anyways, I loved this more than words could describe. This was enlightening, powerful, and beautiful the three closest words I could use to even try and describe how this wonderful this is.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Powerful with an amazing moral. For a 10 minute freestyle you were able to portray a lot of things and keep on topic. A feat I could only imagine. Anyways, I loved this more than words could describe. This was enlightening, powerful, and beautiful the three closest words I could use to even try and describe how this wonderful this is.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well written and great imagination- yes what we fuel and feed gains flames and fir burns higher- accept and release and move on- enjoyed the use of the coin linked to dreams of life with the imagery of clouds- wonderful🌹

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

heartsinice

5 Years Ago

Thank You I really appreciate your comment!
This made me so emotional. Loss and death are an integral part of life yet we are vulnerable to all the emotions.
"The pain only lasts if you give it life". This is such a beautiful line to sum up this story. Amazing work. :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

heartsinice

5 Years Ago

Thank you !!! Glad you were able to connect emotionally to it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2018
Last Updated on August 13, 2018
Tags: Story, Parents, Death, COURAGE, life, Short Story

Author

heartsinice
heartsinice

moreno valley, CA



About
Hello, I am a creative mind latching on to the vines of the universe. more..

Writing