I've Always Loved You...

I've Always Loved You...

A Story by Veronica
"

A zombie apocalyspe love story. WARNING: Killing involved. Thriller/Romance/Fiction/Tradgedy

"

 Today was a day that would change everyone's life. The day that zombies took over the planet in search of new "recruits" for a war against another planet. It seemed as if things couldn't get any worse than the sight of her parents being gone. This was a sight that Addison Ruge (Addy.) would have to overcome all on her own, with the help of a few friends of course.

 

 Addison Ruge had woken up, surprisingly not by her mom this time. So she figured she went out to get breakfast, and that her dad was still asleep. (he stayed up late.) That is, until she looked outside her window.

 The worst thing a little girl could see. Her parents, now zombies down on the sidewalk, walking the streets. She decided to gather all her good clothes and food and water she could carry in her backpack, then took the gun from her dad's little cabinet.

 She started to wonder why the zombies had gotten her parents and not her.

 After she decided it was probably luck ,she ran outside with the gun concealed. She wanted to search for survivors, but first had to get rid of her zombie mom and dad. As she pulled out the gun while she was behind them, she said, "Sorry, mom and dad but I have to do this!" Then she shot both of them in the back of their heads and they fell to the ground.

 By now she was near panic but she just ran down the streets until she found a group of 5 or 6 survivors.

 She knew 2 of them, Ava and Jake. The rest of them she didn't know. But she has seen them all once or twice before around the city.

 A tear escaped her eye and Jake whispered, "Addison! What are you doing out there! Get in here!!!" She felt relieved they knew she wasn't a zombie, but her fear wasn't gone yet.

 Ava said, "Thank God your here!" She then added, "Seeing as you already know Jake, I'll introduce you to the rest of the crew."

 She pointed to a girl with short chocolate brown hair and said, "This is Ruth." Then she pointed to a boy with orange hair and glasses and said, "This is Arthur." After that, she pointed to a rather pale looking boy with braces, and said, "This is George." "And this," she said, pointing to a little girl with long red hair, "Is Lily."

 She noticed that the people here were all kids, all ranging from ages from 5 to about 15 or 16. She said, "I noticed, they haven't gotten the kids."

 "Oh, then you haven't seen anything yet," replied Ruth. "These zombies may have bitten adults, but their taking kids as hostages to be tortued. We're just all lucky they haven't found us yet."

 "Wow..." said Addison back in reply with amazement.

 "Yup." said Ava.

 Then Addison brought up, "Hey....do you guys need any supplies? I got plenty."

 "Oh," nodded Ruth to the pantry they set up. "We all gathered things from our house, and set them over there." This time she pointed to where they set their things.

 "I see you don't have any weapons....." Addison trailed off.

 "Oh," spoke Arthur for the first time, "I guess that's something we need..." Then he blushed in embarrassment.

 "Aw, don't worry, I took a gun from my dad's secret cabinet," said Addison.

 "Won't they be mad?" asked Ruth.

 "Nah, when I woke up just a couple hours ago, I found them roaming the streets as zombies, so I killed them," replied Addison.

 "Ok then, you can stay with us," said Arthur. He looked like the leader of the group, the oldest, maybe 15 or 16.

 Addison sat down in an empty space on the ground.

 Then she saw Jake glare at Arthur.

 She looked away and turned her attention to what was going on. Was this really happening? Or was it a nightmare? She thought she'd just have to find out. But she had a feeling this was all too real.

 She heard the boy named George mutter to himself, "Their out there I see millions."

 Arthur said, "Say what?"

 "The zombies," replied George. "Their all out there."

 "What are we going to do?" asked Addison.

 "We have limited options," replied Arthur. "We either wait them out then run to the nearest store for supplies, or risk it all and go out there."

 "The first option sounds more logical," replied Addison.

 "Ok, we'll do that then," said Arthur.

 "Sounds like a plan," Jake agreed.

 She wanted to tell Jake how much she loved him so badly right now, but with this going on, she thought it best not to. She would tell him at the right time.

 They had waited at least 15 minutes before they left and stopped looking for anyone. Arthur wanted to make sure there wasn't any little parade coming around, so he waited an extra 5 minutes. Then he said, "We can go now."

 Everyone nodded and then they took what they brought from their houses.

 After another 5 minutes, everyone was ready to go. Arthur had stolen his parents black jeep and drove it all the way here, but now he used it to move quickly, to store their things, and find more survivors.

 They kept driving around the city until they found a store that was unraided and they broke through the windows. Each person found at least 1 of something they could get. Addison was looking around for some guns, and eventually found some.

 She took enough for everyone else plus the giant bazooka she had found. Arthur had found some sleeping bags, Ruth had found some canned food, and Lily was with her, George found some knives and can openers plus some other kitchen supplies, and Jake found some camping stuff.

 They all took what they could carry once again, and set off to the car as quickly as possible.

 Once everyone was outside, Arthur was relieved to find his parent's jeep still there. They all hopped in, and as Arthur started the car, he mentioned, "We're going to look for more survivors."

 Addison said, "I hope I got enough guns..."

 "You got what?!" asked Arthur.

 "Guns," said Addison again.

 "That's great!" Arthur blurted out. "If I could hug you I would!!!" added Arthur.

 Jake shot him a look again.

 Addison thought, "What's his problem today?"

 They drove for about a few hours before they found another refuge. George said, "Guns...pointed at us...."

 Arthur said, "We come in peace."

 "Yeah.....that's what they all say....don't come out of the jeep or I'll shoot your brains out!" said the leader.

 "Don't!" yelled Addison, pulling Arthur's arm back from the car door.

 "The young lass is right," said the man. "You best not come out of there." Then he asked, "What's your name, girl?"

 "Addison," replied Addison. "And we're not zombies."

 "Obviously not, but those supplies look mighty good for us.." said the man. "Bring them over here," he gestured.

 Ruth butted in, "What do you want with us?"

 "Share or we'll shoot." said the man.

 "We won't-" said Arthur, interrupted by Addison.

 Addison added, "No! You have no right to what we found!"

 "You have just as much right as us, lass!" retorted the man, pointing the gun in her direction.

 "Fine!" said Arthur. Then he walked out and opened the trunk. he gave everyone on his side a gun, since he knew what was coming- war.

 He kept the bazooka hidden, since he knew the man and his refuge would try to steal it.

 Ruth told Lily to hide, and put her in the trunk. She told her, "I love you Lily, and I hope you know that." Then she added, "We may never see each other again." She started crying and she closed the trunk.

 Addison almost cried but kept a straight face as she dodged a bullet. "Wow, this is hard," she thought.

 George was a pretty good shot himself and shot down about two of the ten people in this refuge.

 That still wasn't good enough though, since the man with the big ego was still in.

 Arthur was just making sure everyone stayed safe. Then he remembered they had limited medical supplies- only the ones Ruth had bought from her house.

 Ruth was trying to shoot people but she nearly broke down. Addison told her, "Don't worry, I'm sure we can beat them George already got 2 of his refuge down."

 "I know that," said Ruth. "But this isn't the right way to go about things in this situation. At all."

 Addison saw her point there, but she had to keep on dodging bullets and firing them all at once.

 A few minutes later, she heard a scream. She truned her head to look in horror as Geroge fell to the ground,clutching his arm.

 Arthur said, "Give him some room!!!" After he checked the wound, he said, "he should be fine, I have the things needed to fix him up."

 Everyone sighed of relief, but the other side was still firing the shots.

 Everyone was still shooting and dodging except for George and Arthur, who were discreetly hiding behind the black jeep. Addison was the best shooter on the field at the moment.

 Then came the moment that struck Addison. She heard Jake scream and clutch his stomach, falling to the ground like George. She didn't want to get Arthur, for she knew he would die.

 She said in denial, "Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Stoooooooooop!!!!!"

 This actually stopped the shooting. "Ruth was right," Addison put in. "This was uneccessary fighting we had. It almost killed George, but now Jake?! He's only 13!!!!" 

 Then she broke down.

 Inbetween coughs, Jake managed to say, "Addison....listen...."

 She brought her attention to her fallen comrade.

 He noticed and went on, in his break of coughing. "I...love you..."

 He touched her shoulder and she looked at him with her tear filled eyes. She said, "Really?"

 "Uh..huh," he coughed again, this time blood.

 She said, "Jake!"

 "I never may have said it, but I tried to. I always have loved you. I'll miss my friends my-" he paused to cough again. "My family."

 "Jake!" she cried. "I....love you too!"

 "You do?!" he gasped. He coughed, again.

 "Yes..." despite his coughing she kissed him to show it.

 "I've always wanted you to do that," said Jake. "But..." he said, coughing more loudly and a lot faster and more numerous this time, with more blood. "I'll....see you....in heaven."

 Over her friend's body at his last breaths, she said, "I will always love you no matter what and I will avenge your death!"

 She embraced him and he embraced her and he clutched harder at his last breath, and said, "I will always love you...Addison Ruge."

 Then, his grip loosened and he wasn't breathing anymore.

 "I will always love you...Addison Ruge.", Addison would always remember that.

 

~THE END~

 

 

 

 

© 2010 Veronica


Author's Note

Veronica
What do you think? Should I make a sequel avenging his death?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

o.O
This was pretty good. :)
When Ruth and Lily parted it made me sad. Lily probably didn't understand what was going on, and she might've lost Ruth.
I liked the ending scene with Jake and Addison, too.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How in the hell is this rated M? V_V
Seriously now...

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 8, 2010
Last Updated on July 9, 2010
Tags: Zombies love shooting war apocal

Author

Veronica
Veronica

IL



About
Hey!(: Well basically, my name's Veronica I'm 16 and I like many things. :P LONGEST MYSPACE SURVEY .: About you :.Name :VeronicaNickname :RoniEye color :BrownHair color :BrownFav color :Dark blueF.. more..

Writing
Dream 4-10-11 Dream 4-10-11

A Story by Veronica


Spring Spring

A Poem by Veronica