Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
I See... No, nothing there

I See... No, nothing there

A Chapter by Wandering Bard

 

 

Tough Guy pulled me out of my chair, nearly yanking my arm out of its socket, and hurried me toward the door. Over his shoulder, he shouted the same word as Mr. CEO. The walls shut.

"Just curiosity, but how does that work, exactly?" asked Troy.

Tough Guy snarled at me, but didn't say a word. Through the door we went and a sea of faces we met. Then, into that sea we dove.

I was instantly slammed and pounded by businessmen, tourists, and employees of the airport, but Tough Guy had me in an unrelenting grip.

Over all of the noise, Troy asked, "Where are we going?"

"We're getting a flight back to America," said Tough Guy.

From the time I'd awoken in the men's room, I've been searching for someone, anyone, to help me. I've signaled countless people, waving my arms and jumping up and down, but no matter how hard I tried, they simply didn't see me. After what Tough Guy just said, I started to search even more frantically, and suddenly, there was my mom, but there was that slight problem that had been nagging at my mind. Who was she, really, and could I trust her? After all, I woke up kidnapped, and the last thing I saw was a cockpit full of faces. I blamed those faces.

It's really my only chance at freedom though. If she's in on the whole thing, she'll bring me back to Tough Guy here. If not, we walk away very quietly. I inhaled deeply and jerked my arm from my captors grasp. He turned to grab me, and at that moment, I wanted nothing more than to be invisible. I ran.

I ran toward my mom, pushing over everyone in my path, trying to get away... Trying to get away from nothing. No one was following me. Tough Guy had vanished, and my mom was now standing before me. I panted for air and my heart was racing. Being chased is the best natural high there ever was.

"Mom, mom... Get the cops. Anyone. We need to get out of here. Now!" I shouted.

People stared in my direction as they hurried to their destinations. Normally, this wasn't weird when you had a weird family, but when people start to look through you... That's disturbing. My mom looked alarmed and said, "Troy? Where are you? It's important we get you out of the airport."

"Hey, hello! Right here." I waved my arms, but my mom looked ahead, out into the sea. I desperately needed to be seen.

My mom suddenly looked at me, startled, and said, "Scandinavia isn't safe anymore, Troy, but we have to... Never mind for now. Just follow me, and," she stopped and looked at me with her 'serious look’, “make yourself unseen.

Having no idea what she was talking about, I dutifully followed her.

 

 

 

 

 

editing... but stopping for now. :)

 



© 2008 Wandering Bard


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my goodness! How in the world are you that telented with a gift so great, as to where you can write a great chapter as this one. My favorite line was, "Through the door we went, and a sea of faces we met. Then into that sea we dove." That was a wonder way to say that you were walking into a crowd of people. This chapter, or this part of this chapter, is wonderful. I cant wait till you post the rest!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on April 22, 2008
Last Updated on April 23, 2008


Author

Wandering Bard
Wandering Bard

Jefferson, GA



About
My real name is Justin and I live in Jefferson, GA. I currently have a MySpace page dedicated to the writers of the world called Writers Rock (www.myspace.com/writersrock), and I update it frequently... more..

Writing