The Time Killers - Chapter 1 - Part 1

The Time Killers - Chapter 1 - Part 1

A Story by Waqas Rabbani
"

A Mega Corporation Recruits Scientists to Develop the Oracle Algorithm, a means to unlock the gateway to controlled premonition through lucid control of dreams.

"
He walks in the room, hair white as snow hanging to his shoulders, immaculately trimmed goatee, and his ever present eyeglasses, one might not even think that he was a man of science at first glance, only the lab coat he wears gives that appearance, closely followed by his bald hook nosed assistant, he of who smells always of garlic.

his audience is sitting before him, men and women of the press, and assorted high ranking officials from various branches of the government, along with some high powered corporate executives, all who are waiting with baited breath to hear this latest pronouncement from the man who has been labelled a Genius, and a visionary.

The Doctor Climbs up on his raised platform, and positions himself in front of the mike.

"Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen" there is a high pitched squeal of static as the good doctor bends too far into the mike.

"Oops sorry about that" he laughs, "i'm not used to giving speeches" he wipes his brow, those gathered before him break out in a collective chuckle.

"Dr Roderick, be calm, it's nothing to worry about, just like we practiced" a soothing female voice speaks in the hidden microphone in his ear, "i'm here with you every step of the way, you'll be great"

Thanks jenny the doc thinks to himself, wiping the beads of perspiration off his brow, the doctor addresses his audience with a new-found confidence. 

"As you all know the reason for our gathering today is a new discovery that i and my colleagues have made, for long we had been researching the dream phases, and were particularly interested in the matter of premonitions, which have in the past been documented to be true, when explored in depth we found"

"But aren't premonitions just superstitious mumbo jumbo, where is the fact." a woman in a green dress from the third row interrupted.

" There will be questions after the initial session , please be patient till the end of the presentation " the bald hook nosed man replied . " continue Professor " 

" As i was saying, the bulk of our studies, dealt with pre cognitive synaptic measurement, but for a long while we had a trouble isolating the correct brainwave patterns that could be considered pre cognitive synapses. "

" However through tireless efforts we were able to come across a recurring pattern, observed over a cross match of upwards of 300 test subjects, and we were able to develop a synthetic neurotransmitter than can help develop high brainwave activity in the theta stage which causes precognitive synapses"

"In Layman terms for those of you who cant keep up with my mumbo jumbo" the doctor beamed " we have developed a chemical that can help create premonitions " 

the whole auditorium burst into questions simultaneously, Dr. Roderick steps off stage, and his hook nosed assistant takes over, 

" I Am Doctor Svenson, and i will be answering all your questions "

Dr. Roderick makes his way to the side door of the auditorium midst the explosive cacophony of questions that are directed toward Svenson,

"You certainly gave them a headline for tomorrow" says the female voice in his ear " good idea letting svenson handle them, they'll all probably suffocate, what did he do, bathe in garlic today.

opening the door he finds his assistant jenny, she of the disembodied voice in his ear standing behind the door holding a clip board, wearing her headset.

" it will be fun to watch later on " he smiles as he looks back at svenson sweating it out on stage.

© 2012 Waqas Rabbani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on December 17, 2012
Last Updated on December 18, 2012

Author

Waqas Rabbani
Waqas Rabbani

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
An Open Book on a Slab of Stone a wind that walks between the eaves and turns the pages of my life the sands of time they slowly fall i know me much and not at all. more..

Writing