Ch. 5 Meeting Richie

Ch. 5 Meeting Richie

A Chapter by warriorKat

Ch. 5 Meeting Richie

A week later, I met another friend of Jessica's. Unlike Sebastian, this boy was purely just friends with benifits with Jessica. There was no emotion behind their hookups. 

It all began in Spanish class, 2nd period one day. The boy, named Richie, randomly asked me "Do you know Jessica Portman?". "Yes, she's my best friend" I responded. "How did you know?" He was looking at his cell phone and responded a minute later after finishing a text. "Because I was texting her, and she described what you look like. I found out she had a new friend who just came to Chambo, and decided to ask her who you were." 

From there on, Richie and I talked. After a few minutes, he asked me what my number was. He seemed really friendly, so I gave it to him and he said he'd text me later some time.

Later that day during 4th period I recieved a text from a number I didn't recognize. I asked who it was. It was Richie. I saved his number and texted back. We exchanged a few messages before the period ended. Nothing particularly interesting, only some superficial and friendly information.

The next day during 1st period, he texted again. "I just did a backflip off the bleachers and landed on my butt, it hurts" read the message. I laughed and texted back "Now you'll need butt-replacement surgery". "Oh I hope not...but will you rub my butt please?" was the response. I played along and agreed.

30 minutes later in 2nd period, Richie strolled into class as the bell rang. He took his seat near the back, as usual. Five minutes into the lesson, he attempted to get my attention. After whispering my name a few times, and a small paper ball being thrown at me, I decided to aknowledge him. I turned around. "Yes...may I help you?" I said sarcastically. He gave a cheesey grin and waved. "Hi." , He said. I narrowed my eyes but still smiled at the fact all this effort and work was put in to just saying hi. I said hello back and pretended to be annoyed as I turned back around.

That Saturday, I went with Jessica and her family to the fair. As Jessica and I roamed the fair together she was frequently texting Richie. "Richie likes you" she stated as we waited in line for one of the rides. I smiled. "What is he saying?" I asked. "He says your very cute and he'd like to get to know you better." she responded. "Well, yah, because we've hardly talked." I explained. "He says this Friday, he'll probably ask you out." Jessica reported. I looked down at my feet. "Yah, that is if we don't have any problems..." I said. "Don't worry, nothing goes wrong with Richie." Were Jessica's words. I felt a little better, as she knew him a lot better than me. Maybe this would end up going well, for once.       

   


© 2012 warriorKat


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on September 20, 2012
Last Updated on September 20, 2012


Author

warriorKat
warriorKat

Tampa, FL



About
18 years old. I'm Female. I'm in college and I live in Tampa, Florida. Not much more you need to know. :D more..

Writing
My Life My Life

A Book by warriorKat