Ch. 6 Build up to the relationship

Ch. 6 Build up to the relationship

A Chapter by warriorKat

Ch.6 Build up to the Relationship

That Monday, back at school, my stomach fluttered nervously with apprehension. I wasn't sure of what to expect from Richie. 

That day in Spanish class he acted as if nothing had occured on Saturday. I felt a bit confused, but decided not to say anything just in case he preferred things to stay private for now.

Later that day, while I was walking to lunch, I met no one other than Richie on my way through the hallway. He was at his friends locker talking. "Kristalyn, pssst!" Richie called as he spotted me approaching.  I greeted him with a hug. He introduced me to his friend, Long, a Vietnamese kid of few words. 

Throughout the week, everyday Richie and I would meet briefly in the hall at Long's locker for a chat and hug. On Wednesday, however, there was a bonus.

I gave him his hug right before leaving as usual, but he held me to him this time. "Besito?" He asked, which was Spanish for 'Little kiss'. "My grandma always tells me that" I said with a laugh. "Besito, please?" he asked again. I looked up at him, then decided I'd give a "Big one" instead. I kissed him swiftly on the lips as he let go of me. "Woah!" he said with a suprised smile. I grinned back as I began to walk away.

By Friday, I was ready for the day to end so Richie could ask me out. In Spanish we had a substitute. Richie, Sebastian and another boy I'd recently friended named Pedro, were all drawing with dry erase markers on the board.  

Pedro drew a shark eating a smaller shark. Richie and Sebastian ended up goofing off putting two random names with " Te Amo" between them. As Richie was briefly looking at Pedro's artistic shark drawing, Sebastian quickly wrote " Richie Te Amo Kristalyn" on the board. 

When Richie was done looking at Pedro's picture on the board, he discovered what Sebastian wrote. He became embarassed as he raced to grab the eraser and erase it. I rolled my eyes and laughed at them. 

That afternoon after school let out, I waited in the spot I always stood in with my friends. Jessica came up to me and gave me a hug and wished me luck before she left. "Luck?" I asked. "Yea, I wish you luck, I hope it'll go smoothly with you two." she said with a wink. " Thanks" I replied.

Five minutes later after some of the crowd dispersed, I spotted Richie walk out the doors. He walked right by me, his head was facing the other direction. He met up with a friend and began walking away, in a direction opposite of where I was. I confusedly shouted his named as he began walking away. After the third time of calling his name he turned around. I made a "Unmm, remember me?" gesture with my arms. I was a little hurt, he knew where I stood everyday after school.  "How could he have forgotten about me?" I wondered.

He came back and hugged me. "Where were you going, I was right here." I stated, with a little laugh. "I didn't see you there." he replied. I found it a little funny because he hadn't even turned his head to glance around, trying to look for me. I decided it could have been an honest mistake though and said nothing. "Sooo..." I said as I looked at him. "Sooooo?" he asked, in a mocking tone. Pretending to be annoyed I rolled my eyes, he laughed and reassured me he was just kidding. He wrapped an arm around my waist "Okay, time to make it official. Kristalyn, would you like to go out with me?" he asked. "Yes." I smiled. He kissed me there and then, then wrapped his arm around my neck. 

Within seconds, a black guy burst out the door. "What's all this, Richie?" he said as he motioned to us. "Geo, this is my girlfriend, Kristalyn, as of only a few seconds ago. Kristalyn this is Geo. Or 'black kid', which is what I call him. Actually just call him 'black kid'..." Richie said. "Hi...black kid..." I said to Geo with a laugh. "Whatever, poor kid..." Geo responded. He shook my hand and chatted with Richie another moment before leaving. 

"He's weird, but funny" I commented after Geo left. "Yea...Geo is Geo. He's my boy though." Richie responded. "Hey, I gotta go though. My friend Ben is waiting for me at the Rec Center. He bet me five bucks I couldn't outshoot him in basketball." Richie added. "Ok...I'll miss you." I said as I hugged him and kissed him goodbye. I was a little upset that getting asked out hadn't felt as special as I thought. Plus, it had been only five minutes and he was already wanting to go walk to the Rec to play basketball. I felt a little sad that he was choosing that instead of spending a little time with me as I waited for my mom to pick me up.
 


© 2012 warriorKat


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on September 20, 2012
Last Updated on September 20, 2012


Author

warriorKat
warriorKat

Tampa, FL



About
18 years old. I'm Female. I'm in college and I live in Tampa, Florida. Not much more you need to know. :D more..

Writing
My Life My Life

A Book by warriorKat