Intro

Intro

A Chapter by Wendy Grace

"Mia, what're you doing?" I asked. Her unmoving body laid strewn across her bed. She hadn't moved an inch since yesterday, or the day before…she had both earbuds in, I could see the white wire sticking out from under the bright purple blanket she'd enclosed herself in. The music was so loud that I could hear the pounding pulse of whatever song she was listening to from where I was standing, on the complete opposite side of the room.
She seemed to have sensed my presence, and gave me a groan as acknowledgement. I'd seen her distraught over a break up before, but this was a whole new level.
Mia is a strong girl. Usually all it takes for her to get over a break up is forty-five minutes, a sleeve of Girl Scout cookies, and a play through of Taylor Swift's latest album. But not this time.
She removed an earbud and came up from her homemade cave for air. We lock eyes, she groans again, and puts the earbud back into place. "What're you listening to?" I asked, even though I'd already had a pretty good idea of what it was.
"Not his favorite band…?" Mia replied awkwardly. She'd always been a terrible liar, and she knew it, so at this point in our friendship she didn't even bother trying anymore.
"Mia! That's only going to make you feel worse, you know that." I said.
"I know, but they're just so good!" Mia replied defensively, clinging into her iPod like it was the last life jacket on the Titanic.
"I know they're good, but I want you to get better." I encouraged in my most consoling voice, taking a seat on the edge of her bed.
"I know. I do too." She replied with a sigh, scooting towards me and resting her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed her tightly. I hated to see my best friend like this, heartbroken over some guy who didn't deserve her attention.
"Scott's an a*****e."
"Everyone's an a*****e." She snapped back immediately.
"This is also true. But someday you'll find-"
"Luce I'm not ready for the "someday you'll find someone" talk yet. I just need some more time."
I sighed and nodded, getting up from the bed and walking out to let her be alone. There had to be some way to get the old Mia back.


© 2016 Wendy Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome intro, I look forward to reading more :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wendy Grace

7 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 10, 2016
Last Updated on July 10, 2016
Tags: Girls, girl, friends, teen, best friends, relationship, break up, drama


Author

Wendy Grace
Wendy Grace

About
High school graduate who's trying to figure out what to do next. Sometimes I'll write poems or stories to get it all out. I hope you enjoy, and feel free to add me as a friend! more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by Wendy Grace