Yawns Are Stretch Enough

Yawns Are Stretch Enough

A Poem by Johnny White

All things considered, is a young man expected to feel guilty for looking forward to every moment of sleep?  And even during those nauseatingly insistent 'mares, be they day or night, is not the notion of absolute submersion into fantasy at the core of every flight of fancy? 

 

When tomorrow morning, afternoon, or evening comes and I wake up and see the ceiling above my head will and should I shut my eyes and mind so that the sky so recently soared through will encompass me again?  I see you standing just outside my door and, believe me, I'd invite you in if only we could sleep together, waking up and smiling with the knowledge that your dreams and mine had shared an interruption so simple as a smile.

 

But the pillow is becoming filthy with the sweat of nightmare fears and inspiration for dreams is becoming just a bit too difficult to reach for...

 

I think I'd like a cup of coffee and a cup of yogurt.

 

Before I wash my pillow.

 

Come in.  The pot is fresh.

© 2008 Johnny White


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on November 18, 2008

Author

Johnny White
Johnny White

Southeast, KS



About
Anyung! V�lkommen till mig! I am here looking for a network through which I may share my poems and stories with fellow authors. I welcome and pay mind to all opinions and comments, so lo.. more..

Writing
aplomb aplomb

A Poem by Johnny White