Lionel Messi's Father Holds Contract Talks With PSG

Lionel Messi's Father Holds Contract Talks With PSG

A Story by Triptoizmir.com
"

Lionel Messi's Father Holds Contract Talks With PSG

"

Barcelona and PSG are two clubs who have been closely monitoring Messi's situation. He will be out of contract at Parc des Princes this summer and can speak to other clubs from January onwards.

Today, his father Jorge Messi was in Barcelona and reported to have been in talks with Paris Saint-Germain. While he rejected their initial offer, there is still hope for a move to Barca.

Lionel Messi’s father holds contract talks with PSG

On Wednesday, Lionel Messi's father Jorge met with Paris Saint-Germain executives to begin formal contract extension talks. Reports indicate PSG were seeking a pay cut on top of his current salary; however, Messi declined this offer.

However, a deal is expected to be completed within the next few weeks. The WC-winning free agent reports being contented with his surroundings in France and eager to continue playing there.

The 33-year-old has reportedly been linked to clubs in the United States, such as Inter Miami and Manchester City; however, his family believes PSG to be the best option. Additionally, Al-Hilal from Saudi Arabia could potentially offer him a much larger salary than what he currently earns at PSG, along with Barcelona.

Lionel Messi’s father rejected PSG’s first offer

Lionel Messi's father and PSG had initial talks that ended without success, but this doesn't necessarily spell the end of their negotiations. According to sources close to Messi, there is a one-year renewal offer on the table and his priority remains staying in Paris, sources told Marca.

The contract extension, which runs until the end of 2023/24 season and includes an option for another year, could keep him in France well past his 37th birthday. It is speculated that the Argentine would be open to joining either Major League Soccer (MLS) or returning to Barcelona.

In addition to the one-year extension, PSG also agreed to pay him a post-tax EUR25 million sign-on fee and an annual salary of EUR25 million during his stay at PSG. Furthermore, they have the option to receive another third of his earnings - estimated at around EUR35 million in total payout by the club.

Info: koora live

Lionel Messi’s father met PSG’s sporting advisor

On Wednesday, PSG sporting advisor Luis Campos met with Lionel Messi's father and agent Jorge Messi in Paris. Contrary to reports that Messi had rejected an initial offer from the Ligue 1 leaders, Campos believes he wants to remain with PSG at least another year, and possibly beyond that.

PSG's Argentinian superstar is in his third season and has scored 26 goals and provided 29 assists this season as the French club remain in the title race with one game left to play. His current contract expires at the end of this month, but it is expected that a new agreement will be reached soon.

The Messi family runs a complex business empire, turning over around EUR30 million annually from their football player's salary at Barca, commercial contracts with companies like Adidas, Gatorade, Huawei, Mastercard and Pepsi, plus hotel sites in Ibiza, Mallorca and Sitges. Furthermore they have other interests such as property investments and some philanthropy.

Lionel Messi’s father is tempted by Inter Miami

Lionel Messi finally achieved his long-awaited major trophy with Argentina, leading the team to a thrilling 1-0 victory against Brazil in the 2022 World Cup final. Now free to explore his options, L'Equipe reports that he may be losing interest in renewing his contract with Paris Saint-Germain [PSG].

Reports indicate that the 35-year-old may be interested in joining Inter Miami, who have an option to sign him for around $45 million. This would be a huge coup for Major League Soccer (MLS), as well as providing much needed support to Miami's Latin American community.

Last week, Lionel Messi's father Jorge met with PSG's sporting advisor in Paris to begin negotiations. However, L'Equipe reports they were unable to come to an agreement and more meetings are planned for this week.

Source: كوره لايف

© 2023 Triptoizmir.com


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on February 19, 2023
Last Updated on February 19, 2023
Tags: Lionel Messi's

Author

Triptoizmir.com
Triptoizmir.com

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom



About
Planing to visit İzmir? Well, let’s take a trip to İzmir with us… Welcome to İzmir! Find things to do in İzmir, from iconic sightseeing spots and fun-filled days out .. more..

Writing