Bojan Miovski nets 17th Goal of Season as Aberdeen Edge Livingston 1-0

Bojan Miovski nets 17th Goal of Season as Aberdeen Edge Livingston 1-0

A Story by Triptoizmir.com
"

Bojan Miovski nets 17th Goal of Season as Aberdeen Edge Livingston 1-0

"

Aberdeen maintained their hopes of finishing in fourth place and qualifying for European qualification with a 1-0 win against Livingston at Pittodrie. This came after last week's crushing loss to Celtic at Parkhead.

On 41 minutes, Bojan Miovski scored the only goal that separated the teams. He fired in a gorgeous volley past Shamal George from close range to give Aberdeen the lead.

Ross McCrorie

Aberdeen moved up to sixth in the Scottish Premiership table with Bojan Miovski's superb first-time finish just before half time sealing a 1-0 victory against Livingston at Pittodrie. After an evenly contested first half, Aberdeen began making inroads into West Lothian's defence.

No real margin was established until the 58th minute when Livi's Joel Nouble curled a shot past Gorter but saw MacDonald save it with ease.

The clean sheet was an encouraging sign for a Dons side that had conceded 55 goals in 27 league matches this season - the worst defensive record in the top flight. The defensive line looked tight and structured, with Angus MacDonald and Leighton Clarkson both looking comfortable playing in the middle of the park.


Read More: يلا شوت الجديد

Leighton Clarkson

Leighton Clarkson scored twice to help Aberdeen come from 2-0 down and keep their European qualification hopes alive. The Liverpool loanee Clarkson was a constant threat throughout the opening half, his 20 yard effort after 51 minutes shaved the post before he hit his 17th goal of the season with a right boot into Remi Matthews' top right hand corner.

Interim boss Barry Robson has now won two games from four in charge, securing a top six finish and giving him some much needed confidence as he searches for his next manager. Former striker Frank McDougall made an emotional return to Pittodrie and was inducted into the Dons' Hall of Fame following the game.

Livi were far from their best, but Aberdeen put in an exemplary fight and took advantage of Jack Fitzwater's first-half red card to secure victory. It was a professional display from an unbeaten team and gives them hope of maintaining their top-six position.

Bojan Miovski

Aberdeen took advantage of Jack Fitzwater's red card to easily defeat Livingston 5-0. It was their first win under caretaker manager Barry Robson and moved them above Livingston in the Scottish Premiership standings for the first time this season.

Ryan Duncan set up Miovski with a clever pass, and the North Macedonian finished with an exquisite volley past Shamal George. It was his 17th goal of the campaign and propelled him into joint-top spot on Jim Goodwin's top scorers list alongside Rangers' Antonio Colak.

In the opening half, Livingston were the main threat and Joel Nouble created a chance that was well saved by Angus MacDonald. But that would be as close as Livingston would come to scoring and they ultimately failed to find a way through.

Duk Lopes

After five Premiership games without a victory, Aberdeen finally got on the board thanks to Luis 'Duk' Lopes' second half double. His initial strike had been disallowed by VAR in the first half but the Cape Verdean international also had his hand in another goal early in the match when he tucked in from a corner kick to put Jim Goodwin's side firmly ahead.

Duk has been an impressive player this season for the Dons, scoring several key goals from dead ball situations to give Jim Goodwin's side hope that they can compete at higher levels. He is also a fan favourite and could become one of the most prolific strikers in the league this season.

Duk's 17th goal of the campaign was enough to knock off Livingston and send Aberdeen into a fourth round Scottish Cup semi-final. Last time out, Aberdeen suffered an embarrassing 3-2 defeat against Rangers at Pittodrie; however, with Duk and Bojan Miovski now playing together up top, there is every chance they can go all the way this time around.

 

Source: اهم مباريات اليوم

© 2023 Triptoizmir.com


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on March 2, 2023
Last Updated on March 2, 2023

Author

Triptoizmir.com
Triptoizmir.com

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom



About
Planing to visit İzmir? Well, let’s take a trip to İzmir with us… Welcome to İzmir! Find things to do in İzmir, from iconic sightseeing spots and fun-filled days out .. more..

Writing