FA Cup Fifth-Round Preview - Pep Preparing Serious Team to Play Bristol City

FA Cup Fifth-Round Preview - Pep Preparing Serious Team to Play Bristol City

A Story by Triptoizmir.com
"

FA Cup Fifth-Round Preview - Pep Preparing Serious Team to Play Bristol City

"

Pep Guardiola has said he is prepared for a tough schedule as Manchester City look to continue their run of cup success. And he is expecting a'serious' team to travel to Bristol City in the FA Cup fifth round.

City have won all their previous 12 matches against lower division sides by a combined score of 42-8. But they will face a tough challenge from Nigel Pearson's side who have won their last 11 games in all competitions, pushing them up to 13th place in the Sky Bet Championship table.

Manchester City

Pep Guardiola has pledged to prepare a'serious' team to play Bristol City in the FA Cup fifth round on Wednesday evening. The City boss will hope his team can take advantage of a strong Championship side that have smashed through the lower leagues.

The Robins have won six and drawn three of their 12 games in all competitions this season, and a win over a City team that have won their last ten away FA Cup matches could make this an FA Cup shock.

It will also provide the hosts with a chance to book their place in the quarter-finals. They have reached this stage of the FA Cup a remarkable 13 times in the past five years, and will look to continue their recent run when they face a team that has not lost any of their last 12 matches on home soil.

Manchester City have not beaten Bristol City in any of their six meetings in all competitions, with Kevin De Bruyne scoring a hat-trick in the last meeting in 2018 at Ashton Gate. However, City have a very good record against teams from lower divisions and will be favourites to get the job done in this match.

Leicester City

The FA Cup fifth-round preview continues on Wednesday with a pair of Premier League clashes, but there are some other matches to watch too. Second-division side Burnley take on third-tier club Fleetwood Town, while Premier League side Southampton host lower division side Grimsby Town.

Pep Guardiola says he is preparing a "serious" Leicester City team to play Bristol City in the fifth round. But Youri Tielemans (illness) could also be a concern for the manager.

Despite their poor form, Leicester have won three of their last four games against Championship sides. They have only lost to Sheffield United and Brighton & Hove Albion this season, so they'll approach Tuesday's game with confidence.

This is a tough tie for both teams, but Leicester should be favourites to progress. They've reached the quarter-finals three times since 2000, including this season. They've also won their last 10 road games in the competition, a run that dates back to 2019.

Info يلا شوت

Chelsea

A run of defeats has taken its toll on Chelsea and manager Graham Potter is preparing a ‘serious’ team to face Bristol City. The Blues haven’t won a competitive game in five matches and are struggling to score goals.

It’s a worrying time for Chelsea and one that manager Thomas Tuchel has acknowledged. However, he has backed Potter and insisted he will have the resilience to see them through.

Chelsea have lost four of their last five games and scored just three goals in those matches. Despite a PS300m January outlay, the club’s form is still poor and they remain 14 points off the top four.

The FA Cup fifth-round preview kicks off this midweek and a spot in the quarter-finals is up for grabs. We preview three ties and find out which team will have their chance to make it to the last eight.

West Ham United

West Ham United are in the fifth round of the FA Cup for the second year in a row, and it will be a serious task to get past Championship side Bristol City. Gianfranco Zola’s side currently occupy ninth place in the table and will need to win to keep up with Tottenham Hotspur who are on the verge of losing at second-placed Liverpool.

The Hammers are also in the midst of an incredible run of eight consecutive wins at home. It’s their best run of form since 2009-10, when they racked up a total of 13 victories at Upton Park.

The FA Cup fifth round will feature eight matches, including a pair of all-Premier League clashes between Manchester City and United. The two matches will be live on ESPN+ in the US.

Source: yalla shoot

 

© 2023 Triptoizmir.com


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on March 2, 2023
Last Updated on March 2, 2023

Author

Triptoizmir.com
Triptoizmir.com

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom



About
Planing to visit İzmir? Well, let’s take a trip to İzmir with us… Welcome to İzmir! Find things to do in İzmir, from iconic sightseeing spots and fun-filled days out .. more..

Writing