Green-eyed Noose

Green-eyed Noose

A Poem by William Kilganon
"

Written for someone dear to me.

"

I look into her eyes knowing that she is the girl I love. Why cant she just open her eyes and realize that we are meant to be?

Love is the fools treasure I guess. It is always the same. I fall in love with her and yet she never sees me.

I stay awake at night with her on my mind, always on my mind... Her deep green eyes, her beautiful brown hair...

And yet I cant pull up the courage to tell her how I feel. My heart skips a beat whenever i see her.i was a moment to late and she ended up with another guy. His name, Death, and his home is the grave.

All I have left is memories and the wedding ring to propose to her on that dreadful day. Why did i wait? If I had proposed a day or even an hour earlier she would still be alive and i wouldn't have to live with this weight on my chest slowly crushing my soul. To this day the tree still stands where our initials are carved inside a heart and the rope still sways where she hung herself.

© 2013 William Kilganon


Author's Note

William Kilganon
So, thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Did not see that ending coming. Now I understand the meaning of the title. My favourite line, love is a fool's treasure. Good job, I have nothing to complain about.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A touching poem that tells a rough story. I also loved the title. Even if a person close to us has passed, we always somehow find ways to blame ourselves: if we were at a certain place, if we were with them when they left to somewhere, if we were driving the car instead of them, if we called at a certain time. But the truth is, we can't blame ourselves. Their memories and spirits will always be with us, so they aren't gone forever. They are watching over us, praying for us. They are not gone.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 26, 2013
Last Updated on June 26, 2013

Author

William Kilganon
William Kilganon

AL



About
Hey, Im Will. I am new to writers cafe and would love any feedback and appreciate all reviews on my works. more..

Writing
2 AM 2 AM

A Story by William Kilganon