The Hidden War

The Hidden War

A Story by William Kilganon

Alright see you later Hannah." I shout as I exit the school yard. It's an unusually bright day so I decide to walk home. 

Walking past the old baseball field I notice that my friend Thomas is also walking home. " hey man, what's up?" 

As I jog over to greet him a car comes flying down the road barely missing me. "What the hell was that all about?" I say to Thomas. My friend Thomas is what most people would call tall at 5'10, with brown, shaggy hair and an athletic body. 

"Will, you did you see anything abnormal when you saw the driver?" asks Thomas.

"Yeah I think I saw a dark cloud covering his face, why?"

Will, you never knew your father did you?" asked Thomas.

"No, he died when I was just a baby. I never got the chance to meet him. Why is this important?" I ask ready to move off the subject.

"Get ready for some shocking stuff. Your dad never died Will. He was either an angel or a demon I'm not sure which. That's why you could see that shadow." Thomas tells me. I have never known this guy to lie to me so I decide to trust him. "Come with me to the baseball field so we can see just who your dad was. We need to evaluate your powers and see if we can get you to produce an amplifier." he explains to me.

"Well, alright lead the way! But first, what's an amplifier?"

"You'll see." He says with a mischievous smile before leading me over to one of the old unused fields. "So first off I feel like i need to explain who I am, or rather what. I am the son of the archangel Gabriel and the Devils second in command Lilith, I am the only true angel/demon hybrid and only because of my parents ranking am I alive. Next, an amplifier," with this Thomas produces two axes one angelic, seeming to be made of one large diamond, and the other demonic, a solid chunk of obsidian. "An amplifier draws forth from their wielders true self, the type of weapon coming from you and the rest coming from your parent. It is used to fight angels and demons." he explains.

"Wait, I thought angels were good and pure and all that s**t." I'm already confused by all this and now he is telling me angels are evil?!

"Well when in Heaven they are, but on Earth angels come as warriors waiting to battle. Because of this their guard slips and The Corruption is allowed to permeate  their entire being. The Corruption is the sin that was brought upon us in the agree of Adam and Eve. Since it has been with us for so long, humans have built up a kind of resistance to it. Not enough to where we don't do any evil but to where we do not go insane like the angels when they are consumed by it." He says this with such certainty that I know he speaks the truth. "So, with that lets see if you can produce an amplifier!"

© 2013 William Kilganon


Author's Note

William Kilganon
Pretty much scrapped and started over. This was my first incomplete draft

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on June 26, 2013
Last Updated on June 28, 2013

Author

William Kilganon
William Kilganon

AL



About
Hey, Im Will. I am new to writers cafe and would love any feedback and appreciate all reviews on my works. more..

Writing
2 AM 2 AM

A Story by William Kilganon