Shadows and Whispers

Shadows and Whispers

A Chapter by songstress
"

Helen Keller once said, I'd rather walk in the dark with a friend, than alone in the light. But, for poor ALice who is trapped in a medicinal induced dark who can she call upon to help her stand up?

"
Time and Place Unkown:
The girl must've been tired, as she was laying in a pool of her own drool, sweat, and tears...for one so angry and violent, she gave up so quickly.
 
Pathetic...

She lay there in a blue gown, wrinkled from tossing and turning-perhaps Alice was running from something. Nonetheless, Alice's prone form was there for the world to see. soft gold locks strewn about. They were almost like illuminated threads, quivering with each breath. I wanted to touch them...smell them...and kiss them. They looked like liquid honey, and With such....

Hssss....

Yes, there was of course the woman to deal with.

She stood, dressed in pale tones of lavender and grey, watching the girl as well.Her teeth bared menacingly, shoved aside those thoughts of mine, as she glided across the floor like fog on water, towards Alice.

Perhaps, I should've left. But, I didn't want to. After all, this woman wouldn't harm, me so long as I kept my distance. And, I would. I had no interest in dealing with something that was still alive-no matter how sweet it looked.

The woman, with her smooth, black hair in contrast to Alice's bright locks, stared. She stared deeply at Alice. Her head tilted, as if pondering something for a moment, then shifted abruptly back to me. Once again, she hissed, bared her teeth, those sharp-canine like-pearly whites, and gestured for me to leave. 

But, who was I to leave, this was the abyss, no man's land, and it had plenty of room for all of us. 

No, matter I faded, poofed. disappeared...I found Alice interesting, not enough to cost me a limb or two.
_____________________________________________________________________
Time and Place still unkown:
Damn, Carrion, feeding bird...About time he left...

Alice? Shh, Alice, can you hear me?

The pale clad woman kneeled beside, Alice as she attempted to gently wake her. Biting her pale pink lips, she pondered the insanity of the Dogs that drugged her. While Alice can be volatile and fierce, she was only a young girl, still growing into things.

The woman sighed, looked about again, to make sure that the raven had actually left. That thing always brought out the worst in her...

But, he truly was gone. She then, took Alice's head into her lap. Shifting a few sweat drenched locks, from Alice's feverish forehead. She adjusted the hospital gown, in an attempt to give Alice some form of modesty. Yet that couldn't be helped, as the shift wouldn't conceal her bottom.

nonetheless, after struggling with the predicament,  she sighed, and removed her lavender shawl. Wrapping it as a blanket around Alice. Thereafter, she  began counting Alice's breaths.

It was dark, and black here. Everything was like stone. Like an  obsidian enclosure, in turn making any sound echo back in volumes. 

The woman, didn't like being in The Tomb, as staying too long could be dangerous...So  could forcing Alice to awake abruptly.

Between the drugs, and the environment, Alice would begin sinking deeper, and deeper into the abyss. the woman again, bit her lip in her preoccupation with her thoughts. 

And as she began to reach 101 breaths-counting Alice's respiratory patterns-

Alice began to stir.
________________________________________________________________________________


© 2016 songstress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on June 9, 2016
Last Updated on June 9, 2016
Tags: Slow Chapter, Introductory, Dark, pyschological