We learned

We learned

A Poem by Pax
"

Flip every bad into an optimism to strive for the better.

"

Why are you trying to be someone that you’re not?

Why are you pretending to be happy that you’re really not?

Why do you keep on lying to yourself?

Why is your life very complicated? Or you’re just making it too complicated for us to bother?

Maybe you’re just emotionally damaged by your own selfish doing?

I get it, that you’re hard to deal with, I get that. Still you don’t have to push us away.

You don’t have to be so alone. You know we’re here to listen and guide you towards a better way.

We stick to you no matter what they say and what you’d become.
Because we know it’s still you, it’s a part of you.

We love you just the way you are, nothing can change that.

If you gone to a bad start, then let’s start a new better one.

Maybe for you it’s too late to start a better one, but life’s too short.

Let’s enjoy it, lived the way we want it to be.

Ha, you’re a late bloomer you say.

Nah, you’re just one of millions out there.

People learned new things every day; it’s never too late to learn. That’s one of my principles.

You’re doing good, listen to your good side. Listen to you pure soul. Hear its plea.

Flip every bad into an optimism to strive for the better.

You know we can, because we believe in us that we can.

Come let’s do this together start a new beginning.

Free from prejudice and judgments.

Let’s thanks sorrow and pain.

Without them we can never achieved what we are today.

Life isn’t easy, we know,

but we learned.

© 2013 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
it can never be a poem, the critique said to be considered poetry must used imagery and metaphor..
i wrote it before the critique incident..

i wanna thank everyone's support
......that i can be my own
that this is poetry, a poetic expression of what i felt.

its the combinations of some of my drips of wisdom.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

lol, regarding your Author's Note, I for one find this writing beautiful, what was poetry, before someone put a name on it. Who made the standards? I want to be different as different as I can be, I see a line drawn...well it's the starting line for me! Nothing new under the sun..huh, well that’s because we follow rules. You write how you write till your heart and pin say stop. Then sit back and let others read from their heart. If someone looks too much at the meter and rhyme, well they are were missing the point the whole time, so let it flow how your heart and soul say so, I'll be hey to love what you write and read the words of your soul! This was a wonderful write in every single way, I loved it form word to word all the way to the last!

Posted 11 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Kimberly "Melody" Carney

11 Years Ago

Rules have a place and time; creativity is not one of them. I look forward to reading writes outside.. read more
Pax

11 Years Ago

Yeah thank u, i feel blessed with your wisdom. Its great to have you as a friend.
Kimberly "Melody" Carney

11 Years Ago

;)



Reviews

I realy like this one, its very heart felt and shows emotion that can only come from experience. keep writing and you will find your style, you obviously have a tallent for words. If you look at john cooper clarke the punk poet, he uses many styles when writing. Take a look at some of his work as he is my favourite poet of all time and an insporation.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Chris...
This is poetry; imagery and metaphors or not. I love this. It is such a wonderful philosophy, and one that many, including myself, desperately need to listen to. In fact, while I was reading this I immediately started thinking of reasons why it doesn't apply to me and why it wouldn't work for me, but really the only reason I did is because it does apply to me and it can work for me. One of my closest friends sent me an RR for this, because it's exactly what she's been trying to teach me for so long now. It's a hard lesson, but it's important. Thank you for writing this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Kuro

10 Years Ago

Sorry I'm late here. I sent you that request a long time ago, but I never thought you'd read it. I l.. read more
Lina Grey

10 Years Ago

well, obviously i did read it, a year ago. And just now, since it's come back up. By the way, Pax, s.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

smiles, thanks friends.... its been long isn't it, and it has a good vibe rereading this, I am so g.. read more
I don't know how I missed such a positive turn of poetic words.
You wrote this well, Pax. A very uplifting, enjoyable read. You write with depth and wisdom in many of your works. What usually grabs me about your wonderful works is the honesty you put in them for the reader to clearly see.
Well done, my friend. Pure poetry.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

for a friend like you... I'm always thankful... and i can't believe now I still find this poem somew.. read more
Pax, this is so touching... and that's true. The glass is half full, not half empty, as I like to say! Turn every bad thing into something good, or at least better! Wonderful job on this!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

thanks my friend...this is one of my fav... its quite an uplifting message to everyone...
I like people who are real, and I love writers who write from their hearts with no pretense and not trying to fill in the "demands" of other writers who impose with their "scholarly" rules and pompous "know-it-all" attitudes. You did well with this one and it is a natural style of writing much like Ogden Nash's & Dorothy Parker's style. Writers who last are those who give respect to the work of others and appreciate each work as Art, no matter how deficient it is from their point of view. Ogden Nash wrote one poem I remember so well - "Fleas" He wrote only these words: "Adam...Had 'em."

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much, actually i was feeling down in writing this and my optimistic other self tried to.. read more
cynthiabuhainbaello

11 Years Ago

Yes it is refreshing in it honesty.
I guess its the power of words that makes this a poetry
...it's somewhat a contemporary writing
=]

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

nicelly penned..but i think the second line should be while you are really not...i have really enjoyed reading it

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What an inspirational and powerful written voice you have , what a strong and cleary deepended word you express in your work.
Bravo , once again for a fantastic piece of work

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much may, its always a pleasure to see you.
I enjoyed reading this - life is so complicated- learning is what's important :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

thank you my friend.
There are rules for eveything,almost everything .. but if we all stuck to them, there'd be no originality, no quirky exceptions that make a reader thrill or smile or cry. Rules can stifle emotions and in turn, carry into all life, all contact, all thought. Your poem encourages, is optimistic, non-judgemental .. it calls anyone and everyone. it's worthwhile and that's what counts.

' You’re doing good, listen to your good side. Listen to you pure soul. Hear its plea. '

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

thank you so much, your insights are very much helpful to me and to your great review.
emmajoy

11 Years Ago

you're welcome on both, truly

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

994 Views
39 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on August 18, 2012
Last Updated on April 24, 2013

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Imagination Imagination

A Poem by Pax


Alone Alone

A Poem by Pax


Rebecca Rebecca

A Poem by Tate Morgan