hallows of my demons

hallows of my demons

A Poem by Pax
"

- I am being frigid this past few months now…

"

 

 

I buried the star so far as I assumed  it’s dead

My heart turns into shadows of dread

My mind is eating stale bread

Putrid flesh, a cold mess

Depressed

 

Illusional thoughts perceptional disease it brought

Nothing but endless drought

 

A part of me has died and the other is alive

The dead and the living

survive

 

I cried and I tried

the might I must master to hold-on tight

but I lost my grip and fall into a trip

deep within the hallows of my demons

© 2013 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
my demons are my anxieties i am trying to overcome....
that is why i am drawN to the lyrics of Florence + the machine - shake it out
it said :
looking for heaven found the devil in me....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review


More often that not, when we think of our selves, we only think of one side of ourselves. However, there usually comes a point where you find a different part of you emerge. This is when you find yourself starting to gibber in the inscrutable language of Hell which is perfectly normal for a human being. This is once again human nature. But one could not live without the other, no? As what they say, he who has rejected his demons as to death of his angels. There is a lot of honesty on this write and it got good flow and good format.

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

We are all tormented and torn I suppose. THe dead seems to pull on the living. But we must shake out the negative, let it go...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There's so much darkness in this piece pax. And the way you enhanced the intense eyes made this piece even more haunting. When anxiety creep into my being, i usually hum, write, refocus my negativity to other things and find something to laugh about. i guess, writing it out would make it easier for you to release these anxieties. so write it out.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Striking verses here Pax, the angst is palpable on the page my dear friend. Keep writing and purge these demons...great work about a painful subject matter.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The title , the pic and the poem itself are all excellent. You have drawn a great picture of the constant battles with our demons within each of us especially anxiety here. Those emotions are real and debilitating and we need a solution for them. Glad to see you back .

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kinda scary!
Dark and rich imagery offered, here.
This piece has impact, Pax!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved the photo, showing your dark and light part! It`s hard to live with your demons, but you can release" them with your poems, and lock them inside the lines...I like how perfect u are in rhyming and intense in feeling. the demons and angels are all around. But we allow them to come close or not...
very nice piece!

-nour-
10.06.013

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A good metaphor describing those symptoms of anxiety, well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An excellent use of words and format. The dark theme of this poem is familiar to anyone who isn't in denial. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice. Nicely describing the effects of anxieties with the metaphor of demons

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is such a sad and beautiful poem. We all have demons to face, though yours seem worse that mine, so I wish the best of luck to you in overcoming them. Unlike the poem, please hold on even tighter and stay strong! This is a wonderful poem and uses a great analogy. I love the way it's formatted by the way: as always good work :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

569 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2013
Last Updated on August 20, 2013

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hunger Within Hunger Within

A Chapter by Pax


~ dark veil ~ ~ dark veil ~

A Poem by Pax


I flunk! I flunk!

A Poem by Pax