Darkened Path Prologue

Darkened Path Prologue

A Chapter by Nxy

The clock hand clicked, and clicked, moving closer to the time when I will die. Click. Click. Click. But doesn't it for all of us? Some will go faster then other and some has more time, but we all still die.

I wriggled my feet, yup they are still there. Bare feet against cold concrete is not a very good combination. I thought about staying here, dieing, I don't care anymore. 'Oh but you will get up, you still have work to do'. I stood up, as I did the shackles around my feet clancked. I put on a sad, pathetic, innocent face. Time to put my acting skills to good use.

I slowly started to walk towards the iron door. I dropped onto my knees and started to cry, bringing up old memories. Loud footsteps sounded, approaching the door.

"What's going on in there?" A man's ruff voice asked. The window that they pass food through opened, revealing the man's face. I had to use my hand to stop the bright light from reaching my eyes. He looks to be in his thirties, probably has a family. He looked down at me, pity on his face for the poor, cold, nineteen year old.

"I want to see my family, please, just once," I pleaded, my voice horse from lack of water. He frowned.

"I'm sorry, I can't let you out, but I don't know what a girl like you could of done to deserve this," he said.

How could he not know?
Everyone seems to know about what I did. On to plan B. I pretend to have a coughing fit.

"What's wrong?" He asked, worry in his voice

"My throat is just very dry, I haven't had some water in a while," I croaked. He sighed.

"I'm not supposed to do this but I will go get you a drink of water," he said.

"Thank you, thank you so much," I thanked him. As soon as he left I smirked, perfect. A minute later the door opened, revealing the man with a glass of water. Big mistake. He crouched down in front of me and handed me the glass. I smiled. Then as fast as lighting I grasped his neck with my hand. His eyes widened. Black veins traveled down my arm and through my hand. The black veins traveled into his neck.

"Please don't kill me, I have a family," he pleaded. I can feel his throat starting to close up, soon he won't be able to breath. He started to cough up, hot, sticky blood, it getting on my hand. Then his memories flooded my mind. I smirked.

"You naughty, naughty man. You cheated on your wife didn't you," I told him. His eyes widened with surprise.

"Well it seems your time is up, see you in hell," I whispered. Then he went limp, his lifeless eyes starring up at me. I took the keys from him and used them to unlock the shackles around my feet. I let out a long sigh, that feels much better. I took the glass and stood up. I stepped over the body, finally free of this cell. I smelled the drink, smells fine. I took a drink. What? I was thirsty. I used the water to wash the blood from my hand.

Now it's time to finish what I started...

You know I wasn't always like this, I had a life just like any other girl, kind of. Until that day I'd didn't know I was different, until that day I haven't killed anything.
...
I sat on the ground, my knees pulled against my chest. Tears streamed down my face as I looked at the dead puppy, Mom and Dad just got him for me and my Sister. I had bent down to pet him. They are outside carrying in the puppy stuff. At the small age of nine I didn't realize what the veins crawling down my arm meant. It was to late when the veins reached the puppy. It yelped in pain then went limp. I was confused at first then I realized he was dead, our new puppy was dead.

And here I am, traumatized at the sight. 'Good job with your first kill, it may of been small but the first kill is always the most important no matter how small' a deep voice said. I looked around trying to find the voice but then realized it's in my head.

"What's happening?" I cried out. Mom, Dad and my sister walked in with stuff in their hands. They dropped it when they saw the sight. They looked from me then the puppy then back at me.

"What did you do Nyx?" Dad asked, trying to keep his voice calm. I shook my head, still rocking. Back and forth. Back and forth. 'You know very well what you did, Nxy. You killed your puppy, and that's just the beginning' the voice said.

"Get out of my head!" I yelled and hit my head, trying to make the voice stop.
...
I sighed. We didn't even give her a name
before it happened. I didn't mean to, it was a accident. How I got like this? Well you will just have to find out.

Here is the villain's side the story, here is my life.


© 2017 Nxy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on May 24, 2017
Last Updated on May 24, 2017


Author

Nxy
Nxy

Canada



About
Hi, nice to meet you. I love to write, mostly paranormal stuff and stuff to do with animals particularly wolves. I am a Vancouver Island wolf Therian. more..

Writing
Darkened Path Darkened Path

A Book by Nxy


Second Sight Second Sight

A Book by Nxy