This Bride Shaved Her Head on Her Wedding Day to Support Her Husband with Cancer

This Bride Shaved Her Head on Her Wedding Day to Support Her Husband with Cancer

A Story by Etrade Supply Smartphone Parts

Bride Shaves Her Head at Wedding

Right after settling on the dream plus size cocktail dresses, most brides begin stressing on how to style their tresses come the big day. (Trust us: We've written countless articles on the subject...) Should your hair be pulled back in a sleek bun to show off your shoulders, or down in romantic loose waves for a soft, boho look? It seems like the bridal beauty possibilities are endless, and hair trial after hair trial has lead many a bride to a pre-wedding meltdown. One woman who definitely wasn't stressing over her wedding day hairstyle? Joan Lyons, an inspiringly brave bride who actually shaved off all her hair �" in the middle of her wedding! �" in support of her husband, Craig, who is currently fighting terminal pancreatic cancer.

This Liverpool couple has had quite the love story, after having known each other for 30 years before finally tying the knot. "I fell in love with her as soon as I set my eyes on her when we were 14," Craig shared with The Daily Mail. But it actually took quite awhile for the groom to finally confess his feelings. Just 18 months ago, Craig finally told his now-wife how he felt while aboard a ferry boat. (How very McDreamy of him...)

Craig and Joan had planned to marry later this year, but when his condition was recently determined to be terminal, they decided to move their nuptials up to earlier this month, with the sweetest of wedding plans in mind. They would encourage their guests to donate to various charities in lieu of wedding gifts and to give their friends and family a little extra incentive, the bride decided she would shave her head �" at her very own reception!

After the couple said their "I dos," the big moment came. As a saxophonist played "Ferry Across the Mersey" �" a nod to where their love story all began �" Joan's hair was first cut (to be donated to the charity the Little Princess Trust, which creates wigs for children going through chemotherapy) and then her head was shaved as she sat there in her wedding dress. "I was really relaxed during the process," the bride later told CBS News. "Just thinking how thankful and privileged I was to be able to do this."

See More:evening dresses plus size uk

© 2016 Etrade Supply Smartphone Parts


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on April 21, 2016
Last Updated on April 21, 2016
Tags: cancer, husband, wedding, bride

Author

Etrade Supply Smartphone Parts
Etrade Supply Smartphone Parts

Hong Kong, China



About
Etrade Supply is mainly for business of mobile phone repair parts like LCD display screen and digitizer or other small parts, mobile phone accessories and repair tools. more..

Writing