Charlie Bird (66) ties the knot with long-term love Claire Mould

Charlie Bird (66) ties the knot with long-term love Claire Mould

A Story by Etrade Supply Smartphone Parts

Retired RTE journalist Charlie Bird has tied the knot with his long-term love Claire Mould.

The pair were married in a romantic courtyard ceremony at Fitzwilliam Place in Dublin.

Afterwards the couple were joined by family and friends for photos along the Grand Canal.

photos:http://www.marieprom.co.uk/prom-dresses-manchester

Around 75 guests attended the wedding, and retired RTE journalist Joe O' Brien was Charlie's best man.

Charlie, who is currently promoting his new book “A Day in May: Real Lives, True Stories” about last May 23, the day Ireland made history by becoming the first country in the world to introduce marriage equality by popular vote.

The 66-year-old divorced father-of-two and grandfather said last week that he felt he was ready to tie the knot again.

The couple, who have been together for a decade, met at a Bruce Springsteen concerthere and have been together ever since.

“She’s so much fun. She’s great craic,” he told RTE’s Ryan Tubridy on the Late Late Show last week.

He said his future bride shares his love of hillwalking and other outdoor pursuits and the pair just clicked.

Mr Bird, who was married for 24 years to the mother of his children, Mary O’Connor, said he is ready to settle down again after splitting from her in 1998.

Looking tanned, relaxed and healthy, RTE’s former chief news correspondent said he is not ready to slow down yet after taking early retirement from RTE in 2012 after 38 years with the State broadcaster, following a brief stint as Washington correspondent in 2009.

“Just because you’re 66 doesn’t mean you should be on the scrapheap,” he said.

Read More: Charlie Bird on RTE Washington job: 'My partner was in Ireland - it's hard to keep a relationship going across the Atlantic'

He revealed he is currently working on various projects, including his recently-published book called “A Day in May” which chronicles the lead-up to the historic Marriage Equality referendum last May.

The book includes 50 powerful interviews with members of the LGBT community in Ireland and their family and friends, which he said was inspired by his involvement chairing the ‘Yes Campaign’ in last year’s referendum even though “I consider myself to be one of the most heterosexual people in the world.”

Read more:http://www.marieprom.co.uk/prom-dresses-liverpool

© 2016 Etrade Supply Smartphone Parts


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
Added on May 16, 2016
Last Updated on May 16, 2016
Tags: Charlie Bird, long-term, Claire Mould

Author

Etrade Supply Smartphone Parts
Etrade Supply Smartphone Parts

Hong Kong, China



About
Etrade Supply is mainly for business of mobile phone repair parts like LCD display screen and digitizer or other small parts, mobile phone accessories and repair tools. more..

Writing