Close your eyes, it's easier that way

Close your eyes, it's easier that way

A Poem by Write_In_ink
"

A kind of poem about the guy I think I love whose with another girl, and also is trying to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders, and I can imagine him doing what he says he may do, all because of one picture

"

 

You’d be better than you’d realize but I’d never tell you that, but if you asked, I can’t tell lies.
 
Bile rises in my throat if I think you have to go.
 
My heart fell, it’s hanging on by a tiny thread, don’t leave me behind, I’ll lose my head.
 
Keep me by your side, you can trust me, I won’t hide.
 
I wish you’d teach me how to fight, and I wish you’d realize what’s right in front of you, even though you might not think its right.
 
Please don’t leave, because I may never see your face look like that again, and this picture makes me think of how you could take on the lifestyle created on this dangerous precipice.
 
Every time your lips graze my ear to tell me a secret, my heart speeds up, when you’re sad, my heart goes out to you. Seeing you like this made me want just one kiss.
 
Tears burn in my eyes as I look at this photograph, I don’t want to lose you because of two fools. I want you to wrap your arms tightly around me and tell me you’ll hold my heart and never let me go.
 
I don’t care if you fall off your god-damned precipice I’ll still stay, even if you try to shove me away.
 
I can handle broken limbs from going with you more than I can handle a broken heart.
 
You will always be my hero even when they call you the villain, because I will know your inner heart and your darkest secrets.
 
Just stay human, stay you, stay true, stay just and merciful.
 
I find it so hard to be attached to you, because when I feel I’m in love, you’re with her, and it makes me cry.
 
You trust me with all your darkest secrets but never your heart.
 
I think of you so often, you’re always on my mind, call it intuition but I know when you’re sad and alone, even though you have someone.
 
I want to be there for you in more ways that one, but you won’t open up your beautiful blue eyes and see the girl who’s right in front of you.
 
I can feel your hand on the back of my neck, taste your lips on mine.
 
I wish you would hold me, reassure me, tell me that you won’t go.
 
Because I don’t want you to leave, it will break my heart. If you leave, take me with you because I can help you.
 
Teach me how to fight for something better than I do now.
 
I’m not going to let you take on the world alone, because you can’t single-handedly take on the world, bring it justice, because you will totally disappear into yourself.

 

© 2009 Write_In_ink


Author's Note

Write_In_ink
Please ignore grammer problems. Also this is a very personal look into my inner heart, so ignore bad formatting and just read the content for what it is

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this is powerful and so full of emotion. I really enjoyed this. This is also a very well written write.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 3, 2009
Last Updated on May 3, 2009

Author

Write_In_ink
Write_In_ink

Canada



About
I love writing, but I really don't know if I'm any good and i need help. Music helps me focus and i take multi tasking to the next level. I'd really like to take my writing to the next level as well. .. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Story by Write_In_ink