Episode Ten: The One Where Everything Changes

Episode Ten: The One Where Everything Changes

A Screenplay by Aly


Scene 1: Chandler and Gwen are walking out of Bloomingdales. They have there arms around each other. There is silence between them as they walk over to the nearest park.  Children are playing, adults are reading. Young couples are walking around.

Chandler is silent as they walk. Gwen will look at him occasionally but waits. Chandler stops them as he sees a bench up ahead. They sit down. Chandler gently takes her hand. 


Chandler: Um. So, how you been?


Gwen: Since last night? I’m well. You left early though.  Was my bed not comfortable?


Chandler: (titlers a bit) I. Uh. It was comfortable. I just"


Gwen: (gently touching his collar) We did move fast for a first date…


Chandler:  A little bit. But it…(he trails off)


Gwen: Felt right?


Chandler looks at her, Gwen smiles.


Chandler: (smiles) Exactly.


Gwen: (licks her lips then speaks) I don’t regret last night.


Chandler: We were in the moment.


Gwen: As it should’ve been.


Chandler: Yeah. (he puts his arm around her)


Gwen: Did you want to talk about last night?


Gwen stares at him, Chandler stares at the ground. Chandler then looks at her.


Chandler: I don’t know how else to say it. So I’m just going too.


Gwen waits.


He sighs and rubs his forhead before speaking


Gwen’s thought: Oh no…you screwed it up. But he just said he was okay with it. Didn’t he? How can I screw up already?


Gwen is biting her lip, Chandler looks at her.


Chandler: Gwen..I know we just met yesterday. But I…when I saw you…I.


Gwen stares at him.


Chandler: I think I love you. No. No. I don’t think…I know. I know. I love you. I saw you and I just knew. I just knew you are the one after I saw you. 


Gwen’s face is blank.


Chandler: (takes her hand) Gwen, after last night I know I should be with you. I know 

this is super fast, and I don’t want to scare you. So please don’t be scared okay?


Gwen’s face is still blank. Her eyes are glassy.


Chandler fumbles in his pockets and pulls out a small black box. Gwen gasps.  Chandler gets down on one knee. Chandler looks into her eyes.


Chandler: (holding the ring) Gwen Masen, will you please marry me?

 

 

Andrew and Jake are still in Andrew and Chandler’s apartment.


Andrew: Chicken!


Jake: Egg! Google says so! (he points to his laptop)


Andrew: (folds his arms and in a very childish manner) Well Google could be wrong.


Jake: (looks at him) I will kill you.


Andrew: Chicken!


Jake: (shouts) Egg! 


A knock at the door. Andrew goes over to open it and in comes Jessie. 


Jessie: What’s all this yelling about chickens and eggs?


Andrew: Me and Jake are just having a discussion.


Jake:  (is typing away at his computer)  A discussion that I will win!


Jessie: (looks confused from Jake to Andrew) What’s this about?


Jake: Me and Andrew are discussing about which came first. The Chicken or The Egg.


Jessie: Oh! That’s easy. The Egg.


Jake: (Jumps up from his seat and cheers) Ha! I told you!


Andrew: (with a shocked face looks from Jake to Jessie) How could you!


Jessie: (shrugs) I’m sorry. I. I grew up on a farm. I know this.


Jake: Thank you, Jessie.


Andrew: My girlfriend’s a traitor.


Jessie: I am not! I will always be on your side. I just happen to knew the answer.


Andrew: Traitor.


Jessie: (sighs) Look can I talk to you over in my apartment?


Andrew: About the Chicken and the Egg? Nope. No can do. We’ve already discussed, it.


Jessie: (pulls her fists together) No, not about that it’s about something else. Something more personal.


Andrew: (confused face) Personal? What could be more personal than this?


Jessie: (rolls her eyes and takes his hand leads him away.) C’mon. (they move out to the hallway and down to Jessie’s apartment.)

 

Scene 2: Kiera’s Apartment.

Kiera wakes up and goes out to her living room her mother is in the kitchen, serving a dark haired man.


Kiera: Dad?


Kiera walks faster to her kitchen.  Renee looks at her, so does the dark haired man, as he takes a sip of something from a cup. 


Kiera: What are you doing here, Richard?


Richard: Kiera, you know perfectly well I don’t like you calling me by my first name. Now your mother maybe alright with it but I’m not.


Kiera: It’s my house, I will call you whatever I want.


Richard sets the cup down, he folds his arms. Richard is dressed in a business suit and looks from Renee to Kiera.


Richard: Your mother called me.


Kiera: Get out. 


Renee: Kiera.


Kiera: I said get out. This is my home, and you are not welcome here.


Richard: I’m here to help you, per your mother’s request.


Kiera: I don’t want your help.


Richard: Kiera, you have a baby on the way. Don’t you want a little help?


Kiera: (places a hand on her hip) Help is always welcome. But not from you.  Now get out.


Richard: Kiera. Let me help you.


Renee: Kiera"


Kiera: Shut it, Renee. (Kiera’s voice is cold.)


Richard: This is my final plea. Let me help you. Let me make things right, Kiera. I’m sorry for what I did. But let make it right.


Kiera: (her eyes are watering, in a quiet but firm voice) Get out.


Richard: (makes a surrender sign, and makes for the door, he turns back and looks at her) I’ve left some 

money for you. Your mother has it (he looks at her, then back at Kiera) I’m sorry. If you ever want my 

help, I’m always open to you.


Richard opens the door and leaves.  Kiera breathes heavily and out, Kiera is leaning against a chair. 


Renee walks over to her. Kiera’s head snaps up.


Kiera: Don’t even think about coming any closer to me.


Renee: I was only trying to help.


Kiera: (with sarcasm in her voice) By calling and inviting over, the most helpful (Kiera snares at the word helpful) in the world? Yeah. Great job Mom! Excellent work.


Renee: I was only doing, what I thought was best for my daughter.


Kiera: (is breathing even more heavily) I hate him! (Kiera is screaming and crying now) I hate what he did 

to you! To us! How can you be so forgiving? It digusts me.


Renee listens. Kiera cries and lays on the floor. Crying more now.


Renee: Get up Kiera.


Kiera: Get out.


Renee: (shocked face) Kiera don’t talk to me that way. 


Kiera: (looks at her) I said get out!


Renee: You need someone to take care of you.


Kiera: I will take care of myself! Just leave!


Renee stays unmoving.


Kiera: GET OUT!


Renee walks over to the door and opens it and slams it. Kiera cries more and eventually falls asleep on the floor.

 

 

Gwen: (tears running down her cheeks) Chandler..


Chandler: (stands up) I know it’s fast. But I know we’re suppose to be together.


Gwen: But this fast?


Chandler: We’ve already slept together.


Gwen: But people do that all the time! (gwen’s voice is shaky)


Chandler: So do people who get married. It happens all the time.


Gwen: Not this fast. Not after one day. Not after one date. (Gwen places a hand to her face)


Chandler: I love you.


Gwen: I know. (crying) I believe you. But this is all too much.


Chandler: Well"


Gwen: (sniffles) I. I. I need time to think.


Chandler: (hands her the ring) Will you at least take this with you?


Gwen: (sighs and rubs her head)  Okay. (she takes it and starts walking)


Chandler: (sighs and looks up at the sky) Let her give me a chance. Please.

 

Jessie and Andrew enter Jessie’s apartment. Andrew walks into the living room, and Jessie shuts the door. 


Andrew: Okay. What’s this about? Am I wrong about another Chicken and another Egg?


Jessie: (looks at him with an annoyed face.) No. Andrew this is serious.


Andrew: Okay. What is it?


Jessie: Sit down.


Andrew does so and Jessie does the same.


Jessie: I wanna move in together.


Andrew: (eyes get wide) M-Move in? As in together?


Jessie: (sarcasm voice) No I wanna move in, with Jake I just thought I would discuss it with you"of 

course I mean together!


Andrew: Moving in…I dunno Jessie…


Jessie: I’m ready.


Andrew: Well clearly. But we’ve only been dating awhile.


Jessie: Yes. But we’ve also had feelings for each other since college.  Why keep waiting?


Andrew: Maybe because I’m not ready.


Jessie: It’s just living together. It’s not like getting married.


Andrew: I know. But it could lead to marriage.


Jessie: It’s just living together!


Andrew: Alright! Alright!


Jessie: (opens her mouth to speak then has a shocked face) Alright? Does that mean..?


Andrew: (has hands on his hips then shrugs) I’ve been thinking about it for awhile, and well…I’m scared 

but if you want too…I’ll move in.


Jessie: (claps her hands and kisses him) Ooh! This is gonna be great! (grabs his hand) Let me show you around.


Andrew: Jessie. I’ve been here before.


Jessie: Oh. (laughs) That’s right. (smiling) That’s right…



Gwen goes back into Bloomingdales. Mac is at the counter and looks at her.


Mac: Hey you alright? You look you just seen a ghost.


Gwen didn’t answer, she went to pick up some clothes that had been dropped on the floor. Mac follows her and touches her shoulder.


Mac: Hey. You okay?


He looks at her and Gwen sniffles.


Gwen: Yeah, I’m fine.


Mac: What happened?


Gwen: It’s nothing.


Gwen walks over and puts the clothes in a box behind the counter, and starts to go back to work. Mac walks over and looks at her.


Mac: Go home.


Gwen: (looks at him) I’m fine.


Mac: It’s slow. Go home.


Gwen, looks at him and then gets her things and leaves Bloomingdales. Gwen walks over to her apartment, and sighs. The ring that she held in her pocket, felt heavy. Almost as if it was a thousand pounds, and a not a simple one. She enters her apartment, she closes her door and starts crying. Her hand is too her face and she walks over to her phone, and dials a number.

Still crying she waits, slowly breathing.


A voice: Hello?


Gwen: (sniffles) Is this Genevieve?


A voice: Yes. Who is this?


Gwen: (breathes in and out) It’s Gwen. (she sighs) I know I’m probably the last person you want to talk too but…(she puts a hand to her face and breathes in and out and speaks again. Her voice cracking) I just need someone to talk too.


Silence on the other end.


Genevieve: What’s wrong?


Gwen: I just got proposed too.


 

An hour later. . .


Genevieve: Are you gonna be okay?


Gwen: Yeah. I think so.


Genevieve: Okay, I’m sorry but I have to go. But…Gwen. Honey, do what you feel is right okay? You call me anytime okay. I've missed you


Gwen: Thank you for listening


Genevieve: Of course. Bye


Gwen: Bye


They hang up and Gwen dials a new number.


A male voice: Hello?


Gwen: Chandler, it’s Gwen.


Chandler: Hi.


Gwen: Hi.


Chandler: You okay? You sound…are you okay?


Gwen: Yeah I’m fine. I’m sorry for leaving.


Chandler: It’s fine. You had to go back to work.


Gwen: Yeah. I. uh. Can I see you tonight?


Chandler: Tonight?


Gwen: Yeah. Tonight. Is that a problem?


Chandler: No. No. Not at all. Anything you want to do? Anywhere you wanna go?


Gwen: Can we…just talk. Come over.


Chandler: Okay. What time?


Gwen: How about seven.


Chandler: Okay see you then.

 

© 2013 Aly


Author's Note

Aly
I wrote this all in one day, I love where this is going. Please leave longer reviews, I'd much appericate it. i know you all love it, but can someone please say if they want something to happen or if they wanna predict something. Just longer reviews please. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the direction your going in with this, honestly you really don't need a lot of help with this I think you know where you are going. It has enough suspense to keep the reader interested and its light enough to be fun. I think all the little pockets of drama between the friends is good and I really want to see what happens with Gwen and Chandler. Your doing a great joy Aly, so just keep doing what your doing, let the story continue to flow and to take on a life of its own.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

thank you :)
Hope you read the FINAL EPISODE! :)
Carolann Dowsett

11 Years Ago

Yes was about to then got distracted will soon though. :)
What came first; my 'fine episode' comment, or my 'excellent episode' comment? It doesn't really matter; they both apply!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

thank you
Michael Stevens

11 Years Ago

You're very welcome!
Interesting. :) Nice job, but what's the deal between Kiera and her dad? Awesome episode! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

Kiera and her dad, that will be reviewed in all due time.
Thanks for reading and reviewing. G.. read more
InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

No problem. ^_^ Keep up the great work!! :D
Aly

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
okay so i was reading the other reviews and i dont think they went all that well, so im going to swich things up just a bit... first i must say that i really hate reading screenplays! not my style at all, but it says something because i tend to read a lot of yours... i do this because i see potential in you and your work. I enjoy reading work that others may find direct, i think direct work show more meaning... i personally cant wait for the next episode!!! nice write keep it up, yours truely Danielle ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I appericate it, and well It's alright my others review haven't gone well because I guess.. read more
It's a little bit confusing with the layout because there isn't a huge amount of distinction between parts (usually in a screenplay there is a different font or its in italics) but I like the story. The chandler and gwen thing is still kind of weird, but I really want to know more about Kiera lol great job

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lucy Morningstar ♥

11 Years Ago

Don't get me wrong, I'm a hopeless romantic, but I find it a bit weird with Gwen and Chandler becaus.. read more
Aly

11 Years Ago

Ahhh ok. No that's fine, that's really ok. thanks for explaining.
Lucy Morningstar ♥

11 Years Ago

anytime :) and dgmw, it is awesome :)
I'm still kinda against the Chandler and Gwen thing, because what's going to happen to Kiera?! Really want to know more in that direction, and what happened to Jake and Amanda? This is a really eventful episode, please keep them coming, I need to know more!!!!! Thank you for posting the latest installment, I really enjoyed it! ;D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I appericate your concerns and will try and give everyone some spotlight :) but I'm glad .. read more
OMG. Proposed to her?!?!?!?!?! Holy moly macaroni!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooow!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

Mm-hmm. :)
s y e

11 Years Ago

Woooooo

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

421 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 20, 2013
Last Updated on January 20, 2013
Tags: Friends, Humor, Fun

Author

Aly
Aly

Somewhere in the Land of Potato's :), ID



About
LoveMyProfile.com My Result: Dauntless-= click to take @ NerdTests.com =- more..

Writing
What Can I Say? What Can I Say?

A Poem by Aly


Division Division

A Story by Aly



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..