Season Two Episode One: This Is The New Year

Season Two Episode One: This Is The New Year

A Screenplay by Aly

Setting: Chandler and Gwen’s apartment. Everyone is present except for Kiera.

It is January of 2005.

           

            Jake comes into a room where everyone is in and drops a box.


Jake: Chandler. You need to get rid of all this stuff. Even I think it’s junk.

                        Chandler looks up from cleaning the floor and points with his rag


Chandler: That stuff is not junk.


Jake: There’s a drawing you drew from second grade.


Chandler: I might need that someday (picks up the box) Thank you very much.


            Jake sighs and walks over to the other side of the room.


Amanda: It’s nice to have you back Chandler (smiles at him)


Chandler: (smiles back) Thank you. It’s nice to be back.


Andrew: You can’t ever move away again! (whines) I was alone!


                        Jessie shoots a look at him


Andrew: Okay okay not really. (looking at her then at Chandler) But it sure felt that way 

without a guy around.


Jake: (cleaning a vase but looking at Andrew) Um. You had me.


Andrew: But it’s not the same. No offense Jake. I like ya. Just…wasn’t the same.

                        Jake shrugs.


Jessie: I think what Andrew is trying to say and what Mandy said earlier. It’s nice to have you and Gwen back home Chandler. We’ve really missed you.


            Chandler: (smiles at Jessie) Aw thanks Jess. It is nice to be home. It’s certainly different that Idaho.


            Andrew: What’s Idaho like?


            Chandler: Nothin’ but land. Don’t get me wrong they have cities. But Rexburg. . . isn’t that big. It’s a tiny town. Idaho Falls wasn’t any bigger either. Boise was big. But not that big.

                        Andrew shrugs and gets back to cleaning.


Chandler: Hey guys I wanna thank you for helping me and Gwen move back in and well helping us clean the apartment.


Jake: It’s no problem.


Jessie: Yeah no problem at all. Hey uh what’s that smell?


Chandler: (thinks for a moment) It’s probably the cleaning supplies Jess.


Jessie: No the smell was here when we got here.


Chandler: Oh. I dunno but hopefully the cleaning product’s get it out.

 

            Andrew gets up and Gwen comes into the room holding a different box. She sets it on the drawer Chandler was cleaning and looks through it. She digs out a hammer and some nails, and looks around the room.


            Chandler: (wiping his hands looks at her) Hey Honey. What uh. What are you doing?


Gwen: (looks at him while holding a hammer) Just putting some of my Art up.


Chandler: (in a surprised voice) Oh. Okay.


Gwen: (without looking at him) Mm-hmm.

 

            Gwen finds a spot and is starting to hammer when Chandler interrupts.


Chandler: Uh, Gwen. Why uh. I can do that.


Gwen: (stares at him then the hammer then back at him again.) Okay.


            Gwen points to where she wants the portrait and Chandler starts to hammer.


Amanda: So Gwen how does it feel to be back in New York?


            Gwen looks from Chandler to Amanda.


Gwen: (bites the lower lip) It’s alright. Chandler’s right though. It is different from Idaho.


Amanda: I bet. Idaho sounds . . .  different.


            Gwen nods her head at Amanda. Chandler finishes hammering.  Gwen places the portrait on the wall.


            Jake: That’s a nice Portrait there Gwen. Did you make it?


Gwen looks at the portrait adjusts it and turns her attention over to Jake while occasionally looking over at the wall.


Gwen: No, actually.  Before I moved to New York I was living in California. One of my friends painted this for me.


Andrew: Wow. They did a good job.


Gwen: He certainly did.

 

         Chandler puts the hammer and spare nails away and looks at Jake.


Chandler: Hey how’s Kiera?


Jake: (still looking at the Portrait, realizing Chandler is speaking to him.) Oh she couldn’t make it. She had classes with Klaus.


Chandler: (nods) Oh. More baby classes?


Jake: (nods)


Chandler: Gosh. Wow. Gwen, honey we need to get her something. She’s due soon. Isn’t she?


                        Chandler looks at his friends waiting from someone to respond.


Jessie: She’s due next month.


Chandler: Next month? That’s soon.


Jessie: Yeah it is.


Chandler: So what’s Klaus like?


                        No one says anything for a moment.


Andrew: Well he’s nice. You should meet him for yourself though. Get your opinion of him.


                        Chandler considers this and then looks at Gwen.


Chandler: (still looking at her) You know what I just thought of?


Gwen:  French Fries aren’t really French?


Chandler: (points) Don’t go there. No. We should have a party.


Gwen: A party?


Chandler: Yeah don’t girls usually have parties for their kids?


Amanda: You mean like a birthday party?


Chandler: (shakes his head) No no. Not a birthday party. A baby something.


Jessie: A baby shower?



Chandler: (snaps his fingers) Yes! (he exclaims) Yes! We should have a baby shower.


Amanda: Chandler that’s only for girl’s though.


Andrew: I think it’s a little early for parties.


Chandler: Why?


Andrew: Well it’s the day after the New Year. We’re all. . .partied out. . .


Jake: (at Andrew) I told you going out and partying isn’t a good idea when you have to go 

help a friend move in the next day.


                        Andrew shoots Jake a look.


Jessie: Well it doesn’t have to be today. Besides if we’re gonna plan a Baby Shower 

we’re gonna need a while.


Amanda: Chandler are you sure you really want to help plan a Baby Shower?


Chandler: Absolutely! Tell Kiera she can have a baby shower here, and that we’ll take 

care of Klaus by having him hang out with the guys! Right fella’s?


Jake: Sure. I guess.


Andrew: I guess.


Chandler: Great!

 

 

Setting: Kiera and Klaus’ apartment. Renee and a dark haired tallish man walk from the living room to the kitchen to wash dishes.


Kiera: Renee I can help wash.

                        Renee turns on the sink and Klaus sets some plates in there. Renee points to the soap.


Renee: It’s fine Kiera don’t worry about it.  (she turns toward Klaus) Why don’t you go sit with her? I’m doing fine here.

            Klaus nods towards her and walks back over to the living and sits by Kiera. He takes her hand.


 Klaus: You okay?


Kiera: (nods) One month left.


Klaus: Are you excited?


Kiera: (smiles) Yes. Are you?


Klaus: (smiles) Of course. I can’t wait to meet our daughter.

 

Setting: Chandler and Gwen’s apartment. Amanda and Jessie are talking.

                        Amanda and Jessie are alone in the bathroom cleaning, and whispering.


Amanda: He’s being nice.


Jessie: Yes. But if he knew he was planning a baby shower for the mother of his child. 

Things would be different.


Amanda: It was her decision Jessie.


Jessie: I’m aware of that, but she can’t erase what happened. That baby’s true father is Chandler.


Amanda: True. But it doesn’t matter whose the real father ,Jessie. What matters is that baby has someone to love them, and is being taken care of.


Jessie: Chandler should know.


Amanda: I agree.


                        Jessie begins to say something else when a knock is at the door. The door opens and it is Gwen.


Gwen: Can I come in?


Amanda: Sure


Gwen: (comes in and closes the door) Hope I’m not interrupting.


Amanda: No not at all.


            Amanda and Jessie make room for Gwen.


Gwen: Thanks. Sorry. I know there’s barely any room.


Amanda: It’s alright. How are you?


Gwen: (sighs) A little tired. Moving is exhausting. 


Gwen leans against the wall.


Jessie: Are you happy to be back?


Gwen: (shrugs) I guess. Moving just doesn’t affect that much anymore.


Amanda: So where are you originally from?


Gwen: Texas. Austin. The longest place I ever lived.


Amanda: How did you live there?


Gwen: Eight years

            Gwen looks at her finger nails. Jessie adjusts a little bit then turns her attention over to Gwen.


Jessie: So how come you move around a lot?


Gwen: My father served in the army. We had too.


Jessie: Oh. So you’ve pretty much lived all over . . .right?


Gwen: Just in the states. No European tours.

            Amanda, Gwen, and Jessie are all leaning against the wall.


Amanda: I’m from Washington. Not D.C. Just the state.


            Amanda looks at Jessie


Jessie: Oh I’m from Nevada. Carson City.


            Gwen nods to this.

 


            There’s a knock at the door.


Chandler: Ladies! We’re done for today!


            Amanda, Gwen, and Jessie get up.  Chandler is waiting outside the door, hands 

in pockets, smiling.


Chandler: (still smiling) Thank you ladies.


Amanda: You’re welcome.


Jessie: You’re welcome.



Gwen: Are we all moved in?


Chandler: (moves closer to her) Just about. (He wraps his arms around her) You okay?


Gwen: Yeah. I’m just tired.

            Jake and Amanda pass by


Jake: See ya later Chandler


            Chandler pulls away from Gwen and walks over to them


Chandler: Hey see ya. Thanks again.


Jake: (smiles) No problem. See ya.


            Chandler says goodbye to Andrew and Jessie and holds the door open for 

Jake,Amanda, Andrew and Jessie to leave.


Chandler: Bye guys. (He waves) Then closes the door.


             Chandler walks back and sees Gwen heading towards their bedroom.  She lies down.


Chandler: Are you going to take a nap?

            

Gwen already closing her eyes, nods.

© 2013 Aly


Author's Note

Aly
The long awaited season 2 has arrived! Leave your comments!

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

1. that was a good opening. 2. I dont think you should shut down this site at least keep it going for the episodes. Overall it was a well done episode.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

thank you! I currently have Episode 2 I just need to email you it because the site wont let me publi.. read more
Writer *78*

11 Years Ago

ill give you my writers email that ok? [email protected]
Aly

11 Years Ago

alrighty!! sent!
cooooool :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Idaho, just like New York City; a great beginning!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

Oh ok. Sorry my bad. I was just shocked ya know? I thought you would say "another great start!" or. .. read more
Michael Stevens

11 Years Ago

No, twas my bad; I'm asleep at the switch, and when that happens, which is more and more often the o.. read more
Aly

11 Years Ago

thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2013
Last Updated on April 7, 2013

Author

Aly
Aly

Somewhere in the Land of Potato's :), ID



About
LoveMyProfile.com My Result: Dauntless-= click to take @ NerdTests.com =- more..

Writing
What Can I Say? What Can I Say?

A Poem by Aly


Division Division

A Story by Aly



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Never say Never Never say Never

A Poem by Aly


Fallen Fallen

A Poem by Aly