Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Brittany weddle

She loved the feel of the wind whipping through her face and hair. Whether she was fluttering through The Grove or engaging in her favorite past time activity, Wind Surfing, it didn't matter. The sting of the wind hitting her face, making her eyes squint in response and tossing her hair all around made her feel alive, made her feel free, a feeling that was hard to come by.

Her name was Ava and while she looked just like any other fairy with her pale complexion, clear green eyes, and long auburn hair that flowed down her back like water with his hints of red. To the outside world, she looked no different, but to those who knew her and knew of her she was different then all the rest. Everyone knew she was Ava, Princess of Fairy Grove.

Ava was indeed a princess, but she certainly didn't act like one. She was always breaking away from her tutor, Fiona to mingle with the other fairies. She might’ve been royalty, but she always insisted that she not be treated any differently than anybody else.

When Ava wasn't interacting with all of Fairy Grove or engaging in her favorite activity, she would fly to the nearest human village, something that her parents had forbidden years ago. Ava couldn't understand what the point of was to that rule. She didn't interact with them and never let them see her. She just wanted to study them from afar. On more than one occasion, Ava tried talking to her parents into lifting the ban, but it always fell on deaf ears.

King Cosmo and Queen Tanya were worried, but it wasn't about their kingdom. Cosmo and Tanya weren't just royalty, there were also parents and right now, they were worried about their daughter, Ava. She was never where she was supposed to be and was always skipping her lessons with Fiona, and more often than not, she could found mingling with one of the four Ambassadors.

Ava was a naturally curious fairy and loved knowing how things worked. The four Ambassadors never considered her to be in the way and seemed to love it when she showed their element any kind of special attention. Whether their feelings were genuine or they acted like that because she was the Princess, she neither noticed nor cared.

Fairy Grove was protected by magic. The Wicca Fairies that drew strength from the Fire element, made positions and cast spells all around The Grove to protect it from human eyes, but once outside the spells boundaries, no one was protected.

Everyone knew that. The King and Queen and even Princess Ava knew that they weren't protected once they flew out of Fairy Grove and because of that knowledge, no one ventured out of Fairy Grove and only King Cosmo and Queen Tanya left on important business with other fairy kingdoms.

Only Ava was brave enough to venture outside of The Grove and she did so with every chance she got. Earlier that morning, she dressed quickly in her usual outfit of a type of tank top and skirt, both made out of leaves and snuck out of her bedroom window at The Palace where she fluttered down to join the rest of her parent’s kingdom. Her wings were barely out of sight when Fiona bustled into her room looking for her.

Hands on her hips, Fiona studied the empty room. Fiona had been Ava’s tutor since the Princess was old enough to begin her studies and knew, without a doubt, where she was. Ava had been pulling stunts like this ever since she was old enough to fly, but she never worried overmuch. After all, Ava had never really gotten into trouble. Still, there was the matter of her studies to deal with.

Fiona turned on her heels to fly out of the room when she almost ran right into the Royal Messenger, Boggs. Years of experience and flying had Fiona stopping on a dime a scarce minute before plowing headfirst into Boggs. Fiona landed lightly on the floor and smoothed her hands down the length of her skirt which stopped just above her ankles.

Boggs landed in front of her and bowed slightly to her. “It’s good that I caught you like this, Miss Fiona.”

Fiona sighed out of annoyance. “Why is that, Boggs?”

The Royal Messenger toyed with the hem of his shirt. “His Majesty and her Royal Highness would like to speak with you.”

Fiona turned back to the room as if looking for something…or someone. “Tell the King and Queen that I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

Boggs continued to play with his shirt. “The King said you might say that.”

Fiona turned to face him. “And what did His Majesty say?”

Boggs cleared his throat nervously. “He said to tell you that this wasn't a request.”

Fiona sighed again. “Very well.” She paused. “Before I go to meet with the King and Queen, I’ll need you to get the Royal Guard to find Ava for me.”

“Find…don’t you know where she is?” He sputtered.

She looked offended. “Of course I know where she is, but seeing as I can’t get her myself, the Guard will have to do it for me.”

Boggs dropped his hand. “I know this is none of my business…”

Fiona nodded for him to continue so he tried again. “The Princess has been your charge since she was born and since she is your responsibly….”

Fiona cut him off. “Are you saying I can’t take care of Ava? That she might be too much for me to handle?” She demanded, but instead of waiting for a reply, she became airborne and flew away to meet with the King and Queen.



© 2013 Brittany weddle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha I like this. It was very well written. Your writing gave each character life. I am off to chapter 2

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 28, 2013
Last Updated on September 28, 2013


Author

Brittany weddle
Brittany weddle

Riverview, MI



About
Hi I'm Brittany or Brit as my friends call me. I'm 23 years old And have been deaming of becoming an author for the past 3 years or so. My favorite author is Nora Roberts and if I ever got the chance.. more..

Writing