Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Despair

Despair

A Story by Novelle
"

A mother talking to her son after a night in, quite literally, hell.

"

The mother and the son, two beings in a world so cruel, look out to see the waves of stars above them. Among them are the Big Dipper, the Little Dipper, Orion, and many other constellations that are loved by everyone. As they pointed out the little images in the sky, the little boy turned towards his mother and asked.

"Mommy, you used to be as bright as the stars. What happened?"

"Mommy just cracked."

"But you don't look like you went boom."

"Well, mommy didn't. Mommy's mind was cracked. It is awashed in tears."

"Will mommy get better?"

"Mommy doesn't know yet." She snuggled into him, holding him close and thanking God that she still had him after all that had happened. Her eyes were still red in tears but as long as she had him, she knew she had some grasp on sanity.

© 2009 Novelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was really interesting and I'd love to read more of it if you have it xD

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
1 Review
Added on February 6, 2009

Author

Novelle
Novelle

About
I love to write. It has been a passion all my life. Of course I am not a grand writer but my stories have feelings and depths to them that goes beyond the pages. I tell what I listen to. ~*~ We are wr.. more..

Writing
Rina's Memory Rina's Memory

A Story by Novelle


Vision Vision

A Poem by Novelle


My Hope My Hope

A Story by Novelle