Rina's Memory

Rina's Memory

A Story by Novelle

 

Rina's Memory

She was a shy little girl when she was just so young. A picture of innocence and of a great becoming child that everyone knew was special. She would always smile, always laugh, putting grins on the faces of the most irritable. She knew how much pain there was in the world but with a drop of the hat she could make it all seem worth it. However much that she tried, though, she couldn't take her own pain away.

Maybe that is way she was named Rina. Rina Anastasia Grace. A small girl who was born at three pounds and seven ounces, her mother died during birth but somehow, the young miracle child suffered it all the way through till she was healthy enough to go home with her father and his new wife. She could not even guess it then, nor could she know now, but she was something that was suppose to teach the people around her during her short stay on earth.

At eleven months old she could already write her name and do her letters and numbers. However, the tragic start had taken away her voice and she never learned to talk. Her words were spoken through her hands and with the smile on her face, she started her first day of school. Most of the kids thought it was cool to have a mute student in class. They wanted to know all about Miss Rina, the girl who would try to do everything they did but without the sound of a voice.

Problems arose when she had turned eight and the district wanted her to be sent away to a school were there were others like her. She stood her ground with her family, never taking sides with who was right or wrong, and then she stated that she would like to stay with the kids that she was growing up with. More problems came, some that had their toll on the young child, but through it all she rose her head, lifted her mouth into a beautiful smile and continued on her way.

Ten years old came and went with the promise of much. She was a genius, IQ tested to prove it and was sent up two grades. That was when the brunt of the problems occurred. Just because she could do math and arts higher then themselves, the children of the school that she had started into did not like that fact that she was a mute girl. They teased her and made fun of her, saying she would never achieve what she dreamed of doing, which was writing what she could not say, and many times she rushed home with gunk in her hair, dirt on her clothes, and tears streaking down her face.

At the age of thirteen, she had her very first crush. One that she knew could not talk to her but she still loved him with the weight of a young heart. Her smile became permenant on her face when she watched him and soon she knew that her affections were returned. There on the ground of one day during the last weeks of school, though, he lay, face down in the dirt, blood seeping into the ground around him. She never forgot that boy. He was everything to her and he spoke to her like she was the only one that mattered. She grieved for weeks and tried to move on but the death of him stayed with her to the very end.

Maybe it was the way that she slowly started to drift away that no one was able to recognize that she had gone into depression. However, by the time that someone did see the once beautiful girl so far lost, it was too late for her. That same night, she hoppled up the steps to her father's room, grabbed the gun that lay in his dresser drawer, and shot herself before they could wake up.

Rina Anastasia Grace. A beautiful girl that died so young at the age of fourteen by the death of another. She never got to fulfill her dream, never spoke a single word through her lips, but she always smiled even through her own pain.

© 2009 Novelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on March 9, 2009

Author

Novelle
Novelle

About
I love to write. It has been a passion all my life. Of course I am not a grand writer but my stories have feelings and depths to them that goes beyond the pages. I tell what I listen to. ~*~ We are wr.. more..

Writing
Vision Vision

A Poem by Novelle


My Hope My Hope

A Story by Novelle


Changing Fates Changing Fates

A Story by Novelle