My Hope

My Hope

A Story by Novelle

He had always been the center of my universe. The way he moved, the way he danced, the way he acted in general, and he always acted. Not even once that I can remember him did I ever see him in the same character. One day he would be Prince Charming, the most chivarlist male in the whole school, then the next day he would be the Phantom, weird, distant, aloof, unusual. But now, he is just him, just Edward the Same. He is one of us, and, personally, I don’t like it.

I can remember when we were little kids on the first day of school. I had no friends, no people to talk too, no one to even say a brief high to. I felt like the newest outcast but then Edward came to be and we hit it off instantly. He was my salvation as I was his little sister. I just don’t know when it changed or how.

I think it was during our senoir year. Megan Rose was the one to change him, asking him out on a prank and then, suddenly, dumping him for the joke of it. I haven’t even gotten over it, more then likely he has. Anyways, I was the one to catch his broken heart, helping him with picking up broken pieces and trying to find a new swing in life. I was shocked when he stated that he wasn’t going to go to college, instead paying off debts to his family and the such. I just didn’t expect this turn of events.

Edward had always been my lean-to. The one I would discuss everything into the night and go to him when I was dump or when I had broken my own heart. Yes, I am very sympathetic and wear my heart on my sleeve, I guess that is why I know sit here watching all of this unfold.

The room I am in, the beautiful décor of the church in the bliss of a wedding, is strangling. I know that I shouldn’t have been here but the duty of a friend is just that and I couldn’t say no. Now, I hear it, the bells ringing that the bride is to come down the aisle. I couldn’t watch as she made her way passed me, tearing my eyes away. I couldn’t stand being in the same room as her as she went to Edward, took his hand, and promised to live happily ever after with him.

I ran. With my heart destroyed and my life ruined, I ran from my hope and love at the last minute. And as I ran, my tears became wings and I floated to Heaven in sadness

© 2009 Novelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nicely penned, great write I feel the sadness you felt.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 11, 2009

Author

Novelle
Novelle

About
I love to write. It has been a passion all my life. Of course I am not a grand writer but my stories have feelings and depths to them that goes beyond the pages. I tell what I listen to. ~*~ We are wr.. more..

Writing
Rina's Memory Rina's Memory

A Story by Novelle


Vision Vision

A Poem by Novelle


Changing Fates Changing Fates

A Story by Novelle