Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Writing.the.Strings

Part 1: Introduction

There are many aspects of the mind of a writer. Not every writer will be the same, however. Let us take a peek inside the mind of one.



Now I know what you must be thinking. “Why do I want to know about the inside of a random person’s brain? Every person has the same parts inside of their brain.; (Though that is not entirely true, and you probably aren't’t thinking that).



There are six main sections of this writer’s mind. The overactive imagination, the dictionary, the story ideas, the motivations, the logical and factual, and the creative.

  • Overactive Imagination- Most people who do write, draw, or even compose music usually have one. This portion consists of the fantasy or fictional ideas the writer comes up with. This helps with the story ideas.; with the plot and characters and such. It also ties in with the creativity and motivations. An overactive imagination is technically motivation with what the writer takes interest in or their passion.


  • The Dictionary- This is another major part of the writer’s mind. This is where a superfluous amount of vocabulary is stored in order to generate decent sentences in their stories or piece of writing. Along with the dictionary is a thesaurus, to find synonyms of words or phrases they want to replace. Comes in handy for projects and capturing a reader’s attention (sometimes).


  • The Story Ideas- This is my personal favorite section to discuss. This is where all the crazy and juicy story ideas are stored. This portion is like a storage unit or as I like to call it, a “filing cabinet.” Each story has its’ own file. Then there are sub-files in that files. (The rooms in which the files are located are all being renovated due to so many story ideas being generated by the writer almost every single day. We need more room for all these files. I suggest having these files saved digitally). Anyways, as I stated before, each general story file has it set of sub-files. (i.e.. Plot, Characters, Setting, yada yada). More or less, every other section of the writer’s mind is linked to this very portion.


  • The Motivations- This could be a range of things; music, artwork, poetry, school subjects (this writer gets most of hers in school subjects, poetry, and/or music. Oh, and their emotions), ad again, emotions. The most common one that people suggest are books. You can receive writing styles and other useful information from them. SO, READ!


  • The Logical and Factual- Ah, logic. Something that many people need these days. It helps prove a point. You see, this writer here enjoys adding factual stuff into her stories even if it is fictional. She does research and learns from school. She loves it.


  • The Creativity- Last but not least, is the creative portion. Here, all the unique plot twists and twinks to cliches are situated. Motivation helps with it too. Where else do you think this writer gets her unique story ideas. Nah, I’m just joking. Though her story ideas are pretty unique.


So, as you can see, there are many things going on in the mind of a writer. Yes, there are more, but these are the main few.

Stay tuned for we will take a tour and go more into depth of each section. Goodbye for now!



© 2017 Writing.the.Strings


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on March 4, 2017
Last Updated on March 6, 2017


Author

Writing.the.Strings
Writing.the.Strings

DC



About
Love to write and read. Violinist; beginner pianist. more..

Writing