Our Song

Our Song

A Chapter by iiLov3Yuhhii
"

Here's a story I wrote about my fav. song: Our Song by Taylor Swift.

"

I was ridin' shotgun, with my hair undone, in the front seat of his car. He's got one hand on the steerin' wheel and the other on my heart. I look around a little, then then turn the radio down. He says, "Baby, is somethin' wrong?"


I say, "Nothin', I was just thinkin' how we don't have a song."  


And he says, "Our song is the slammin' screen door, sneakin' out late, tappin' on your window. When we're on the phone and you talk real slow, 'cause it's real late and your momma don't know. Our song is the way you laugh. The first date, "Man, I didn't kiss her and I should have."


And when I got home, before I said Amen, I asked God if he could play it again.


I was walkin' up the front porch steps everything that day; everything had gone wrong and been trampled on. And all lost and thrown away. I walked to the hallway and over to my lovin' bed, I almost didn't notice all the roses and a note that said, "Our song is the slammin' screen door, sneakin' out late, tappin' on your window. When we're on the phone and you talk real slow, 'cause it's really late and your momma don't know. Our song is the way you laugh. The first date, when he thought, "Man, I didn't kiss her and I should have."


I've heard every album and listened to the radio, waitin' for something to come long that was good as our song...


'Cause our song is the slammin' screen door, sneakin' out late, tappin' on his window. When we're on the phone and he talks real slow, 'cause it's late and his momma don't know. Our song is the way he laugh. The first date, when he thought, "Man, I didn't kiss her and I should have."


And when I got home, before I said Amen, I asked God if he could play it again.


I was riddin' shotgun, with my hair undone, in the front seat of his car; I grabbed a pen and an old napkin and I... wrote down our song.




© 2010 iiLov3Yuhhii


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
Added on May 29, 2010
Last Updated on May 29, 2010


Author

iiLov3Yuhhii
iiLov3Yuhhii

Staten Island, NY



About
Maria. Female. Almost 16. August 29, 1997. Muslim. Bengali. New York. Writer. Day Dreamer. Best Friend. Music Lover. Blue, Black & Red. Short. Brown eyes. Light skin. Average weight. Glasses. Gum Chew.. more..

Writing
Already Gone Already Gone

A Chapter by iiLov3Yuhhii