Chapt 1: The Circuit

Chapt 1: The Circuit

A Chapter by Doogie

Into the cold part 1

It’s cold, but the air feels refreshing. As I stand on a rock in the Himalayas. Staring at the first summited, and one of the most deadly eight thousand meter peaks in the world. Annapurna is a mesmerizing sight to see. It blows my mind that it was the first to summited then became one of the hardest with the most extreme summit to death ratio. I look around and take in a long deep breath. All of the mountains out here are so stunning. They take your breath away. Literally as well, due to the thin air. The air is a lot cleaner up here than down in Kathmandu luckily. When we first landed we were blown away by the craziness of the city. The traffic was intense and it was loud and dirty. Now it all feels worth it. Not your typical all girls adventure. Out here on a once in a lifetime adventure. The four of us have been lifelong friends. Katie is getting married soon and she always wanted to go to Nepal. Plus she can throw it in her soon to be husband’s face. They love the outdoors. Her, Megan, Jessica and I have been on tropical trips before. Beaches and hollering at guys is fun, but us girls know how to do it better. I look back and smile at them. I have the hottest friends alive. If guys only knew. Since this might be our last for some time we stepped our game up. We wanted to do something different and feel alive in a new way.

“Señorita, we’re almost to our next campsite. We’re going to go off a trail for a nicer and more private spot.” Says a young handsome man from Mexico. His name is Pablo and he used to guide people on the Mexican volcanos such as; Pico de Orizaba, Ixta, Popo and more. We met him after we landed in Kathmandu. We weren’t sure what we wanted to do originally. The Everest base camp trek was a little to long. We definitely couldn’t afford to climb it. Then he caught our eye for one reason but he talked us into this as well. Here we are on day 7 of our two week excursion. I don’t remember to much about each night with all the blow we’ve been snorting and partying. I think we’ve all been railed by him and maybe some of his sherpas. The altitude sure makes things more interesting, but we’re used doing that most nights. Maybe I’ll finally settle down after this trip I laugh to myself. I doubt it.

After a decent detour up a moraine and next to the base of a glacier we see several large yurts already setup. Hidden around some huge boulders. That’s nice I think. They have their own special spot. Megan squeezes me from the side and kisses my cheek. “Maggie, it’s official. We’re halfway now.” She whispers in my ear. The other girls try to rush to go rest and lay down. I take my time walking. Several sherpas pass and I get a different vibe from them than usual. Wonder what’s on their mind. I relax and take on my surroundings. I see a few tents tents along the trail lower down but nobody around. I wonder if they were using them as a cache. I feel a stronger gust of air as I continue on.

Later that evening we all enjoy a marvelous meal. The chef has been making great Nepalese meals and devine momos. The yurt door flaps open as Pablo walks in covered in snow. He gives the chef an item before sitting down with. “Senoritas, I hope you ladies have been enjoying this trip and think I’ve been a great tour guide. You ladies have been crushing it and we’re all proud. Sadly mountains are unpredictable. I just got word it’s supposed to blizzard the next two to three days. Luckily the rest of the trip is easier and not much altitude gain. The snow shouldn’t be an issue for you guys. We always start with the hard part first. Hope you’re not to tired. At least now you guys can relax a little. I got you guys something special. A special tea for you all to wish safe good health, good weather, and safe a safe journey back. It’s also great luck for the soon to be married!” Pablo says as he points toward Katie.

She blushes and winks a him. Oh, if her future husband knew what we all did together with him I chuckle to myself. I peak out a gap in the yurt door and can see big flakes blowing around. “Do we really have to just relax?” I ask him with a smirk.

He opens a chest up and pulls out a bag with a white substance inside and a bottle. “I hoped you were going to ask that” he smiled back while holding goodies.

The chef finishes preparing the special tea and he passes it around. He says a special prayer before my friends and I drink it. It was strong but special. We keep eating some more. I start to feel exhausted and dizzy. I was fine a moment ago. Maybe it was the hike up to camp. I look around and notice the sherpas staring at us weird. Sits on the chest watching. I look back at my friends and Jessica is passed out. She was struggling the most. Two sherpas pull her away from the table. I look over at Megan as she falls over. Katie is getting groped by one of the sherpas. Pablo get up and as he does his cup falls over and liquid comes out. F**k! I scream in my head. I turn around as my brain moves slower and slower. I trip out of the opening and start crawling away across rocks and snow. It hurts my arm before I feel my leg get grabbed and I get pulled back inside while I try to scream. I hear my echo or some sort of terrifying sound in the distance before it all fades to black.


© 2023 Doogie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on October 30, 2023
Last Updated on October 30, 2023


Author

Doogie
Doogie

Denver, CO



Writing
Prequel 1: Endless Prequel 1: Endless

A Chapter by Doogie