A picture of Juliet

A picture of Juliet

A Chapter by Darkblushedink

It was a dark cold night and the wind rushed through my hair and between my toes as in the dim lamp light i sat closing the shop! It was my senior year in high school and prom was coming in a few months! Exams, tests, practice, homework, notes, books and studies occupied my mind. I used to work in a beautiful small flower shop when i was just thirteen but due to a fire in the neighborhood the flower shop burnt down to pieces! Since then i started working in this antique book store, it was a huge book store and looked like a victorian library! My father had died and my mother was in chemotherapy after months of fighting with cancer and finally beating it. 
I used to live in Darwin,  an Australian port before i came to this small suburban american ton! I was of a strange birth! My mother was an Indian and half Mexican whereas my father was Norweign! I looked more like my father with big black eyes and dark jet black hair and dimples and most of all pink cheeks but i had a dusky complexion like my mother! I was seventeen and i had never fallen in love, made many friends or even socialized. I used to read a lot and nothing else came to my mind. I drew sketches and paintings and wrote songs and poems, i never showed them to any one, i used to stack them on my shelves and put them in my files and my novels i used to sell for other novels or go and read in the library! I thought life was as it should have been! I had enough money to pay for mom's surgery and a university was offering me scholarship so that was no problem for the time being! I wanted to go into arts and sell my paintings so i enrolled in Julliard School. There i was going to learn performing arts and if i had the money become a stage actor! There was nothing else i could pursue at the moment! I was not an honour student but i was very good and had aced many tests and my SAT scores were amazing! I thought, arts and music and books and just having a good job would be my life's necessities! I did not care to marry and i did not want any friends and love or anything like that.
It was like something which would just pull me down to the ground when i aimed to soar for the sky! I loved my freedom and never happening to depend on people. I valued my time alone, since i was always in the process of thinking. I wrote and drew things because i like doing it and i didn't want my passion to be a source of money for me because i never valued money more then passions and dreams and i didn't want to degrade mine by connecting them with my passionate pursuits. Boys were the least of my mind, i wasn't scared of them but i never talked to them. I knew that true love existed but it was just not my dream to find it. I knew if i followed my dream maybe someone might respect me and that was enough for me. Nobody and nothing and no emotion could mingle with what i called my "destiny"! Someday i planned to show the world what it is turning into through my art and i knew that i would! 


© 2013 Darkblushedink


Author's Note

Darkblushedink
this is more like a prologue to the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on June 21, 2013
Last Updated on June 21, 2013


Author

Darkblushedink
Darkblushedink

Karachi, Pakistan



About
Hey guys! i am a writer who writes because it's my passion and nothing else! To tell the truth i'm still in high school! Writing and reading have engulfed my life, i am a very mature person with dream.. more..

Writing