Near the end but at the beginning!

Near the end but at the beginning!

A Chapter by Darkblushedink

 

CHAPTER 3

 

 

Three weeks passed and nothing unusual happened……..Zedan and Juliet became great friends and so did Stacey become a great friend towards both of them……Christmas eve approached.

 

I walked home from the hospital looking at my latest sketch of mother. She looked so much better. I closed the sketch book and entered my home. All was quiet, I saw bills thrown into the small bushy and flowery lawn, or more like a jungle as I called it. I scanned through them and was relieved that the price was not much. I walked into my home and put the bills into an envelope and the envelope into my bag. My house was very big, three floors, four bedrooms, a huge lounge, which was infront of the kitchen, the main door opened into a bigger living room and in some rooms even chandeliers and paintings hung. My father was a great man but died when his company started drowning. The company was finished now. There was a courtyard in the middle with a collection of pumpkins and grapes and climbing roses, all these vines swirled around benches and old tea tables and chairs present in the courtyard. A path led from the small front garden into the huge wonderland style courtyard and all the rooms surrounded it. Bingo was a small kitten which lived in that house although I didn’t own it, so I always gave a small piece of flesh to it. I then cleaned the benches and went inside and dusted the sofas, I arranged all the covers and curtains and picked up two to three pieces of clothing and put them in the washing machine, I then collected all the scattered books and put them in their places, I then cleaned the kitchen counters and washed the windows, I then picked up the laundry, folded the clothes and put them in the cupboards, I then did the dishes and using disinfectant cleaned the toilets and the floors, then I mopped the floors and took the carpets out for cleaning, in an hour I returned and vacuumed the living rooms, bed rooms, studies and libraries, then I cleaned the Jacuzzi and the windows and then I set the cushions, pillows, blankets, covers, new carpets, and I cleaned the dusters and moved the cupboards and desks and cleaned from under them and behind them and I also ironed two of my shirts and folded the rest (maybe two or three more pieces of clothing) and put them in my cupboard and finally I also went into the store and hunted down the rats and put insecticides in the corner. With that done  I took a shower and washed my clothes and after ironing them put them folded into the cupboard. I liked exerting my self, it removed my attention away from all the pains and pleasures of life. Both were dangerous to me. I made a meal of two sandwiches and gulped them down. Drinking a glass of water I picked up the bills and did the accounting business I was so used to. It was a necessity for me to be independent and alone. In my solitude I always found ways of entertaining myself, like cleaning, working out the bills, sketching the flowers, reading my history textbook or finishing my home works or most of all writing a novel. I had started writing it because I needed the money but by now I had been enjoying it.

It was a story on a girl who has the ability to change the destinies of people and changes her own only to fin how much her pleasures turned into her nightmares and the only way to go back is to do nasty and horrible deeds and destroy the destiny of the man she loves. I titled it “Destiny’s Choice” but I had recently been thinking about changing it into “Where My Heart took Me!” I liked this title better. I kept writing when I had time and I had done half of it. I hoped it would bring  me luck. Everything I owned was a coincidence and everything I lost was intended. Even my father. I never wanted him away but the universe did and that’s why I couldn’t keep him when I most wanted his support. I had no mobile phone, I had no laptop, and I had no online website, blog or account on any social network. I kept all of my thoughts in that novel.

 

Two days later= I walked with Stacey to the local library as I heard some one running towards me.

“Juliet. Listen for our annual drama session they have taken you for the part of Juliet!” Zedan shouted from across the street and ran in a frenzy towards me and Stacey. I looked at him bewildered.

“Who signed me up!!!?” I shouted with extreme absurdity and incomprehensibleness.

“I don’t know I think………It was a Lucky draw.” He said happily.

“Why are you so happy and blushing?” I said calming down and becoming me again, but still a huge bulk of expression remained on my face.

“Because…” he stammered “I am…. I am…… well…I am Romeo! Actually I got the part!”

“WHAT!?” my cheeks went red “ You have a girlfriend……….SARAH!” I looked as red as a tomato “Does she know!? She’s gonna kill me? She is going to rip my heart out! AND SHE WILL DANCE ON MY GRAVE AND HIT YOU AND EAT YOU UP ASWELL…..DO YOU KNOW ZEDAN HOW MUCH SHE WILL HATE ME AFTER SHE KNOWS!” I shouted loosing my calm, I went red, then I started murmuring and stammering, the truth was I was very happy from within, because I knew Zedan, I would be more comfortable with him, but I couldn’t say this, Sarah and I had a huge physical fight just two weeks back, and this time she would shoot me with her gun, I couldn’t resign from this play or I would fail in Performing Arts and I would have to repeat senior year. I looked at Zedan and gasped wildly, trying to regain my composure, I closed my eyes, and my brain started whirring around happily and angrily and just absurdly and most of all in confusion. Zedan’s smile disappeared as he realized what had happened. Who had signed me up. I thought I shouldn’t react so hyperly and with this thought I became calmer.

“WHY DID THEY TAKE ME?” I said calmly but with a lot of force to Zedan.

“They got animated with the thought that your name in reality was also Juliet.  That is the only reason, they thought you could make the role your own.” He said still blushing a little.

“Okay just get this over with as soon as possible. Make sure we don’t talk anywhere except the theatre until this play is done….in?” I said animatedly but still in a tender state.

“In one month. Although… you know that practice starts in ten minutes. Right?” he said raising his perfect eyebrows.

“What!? Okay…………..then lets go and get it over with.” I said looking at him.

Then as if marathon racers Zedan and I ran across the road back towards the school. Stacey was so shocked and amazed at what passed with in the last three minutes that she became paralyzed and tried to absorb whatever happened in. Then after twenty seconds of our running off she also ran in a frenzy to catch up to us.

 

 I entered the auditorium to find an old man…he was specially there for the play, screaming at our faces for being two seconds late. He pushed me and Zedan into different dressing rooms and Stacey followed me to mine.

“I know you are happy.” She said smiling at me from the door as some female workers took my size and took of my jacket and scarf.

“About what?” I said looking at her as they asked me to take off my shoes.

“About being in a romantic play with ……ZEDAN!” Stacey said reading my mind.

“I would prefer him over some jock! If that is what you mean!” I said raising my eyebrows and slightly blushing.

“But he is a jock!” Stacey said in a dumb tone.

I looked at her and gave a little approving smile and said, “He is not by attitude anymore!”

“Because……….you have influenced him!” Stacey added with a cheeky and slyly smiling face.

“No because he has detached a little from Sarah… who was caught kissing another guy! I am amazed he didn’t leave her!” I said calmly and resolutely.

“Would you have wanted him to leave her!?” she said smiling even more slyly. The woman worker forced me to take of my shirt.

“You are the one who sneaked behind  Sarah’s back……would you!?” I said looking at her as they asked me to take of my jeans as well and forced some sort of smaller under garment sort of skirt on to my legs.

“Okay simplest question yet…… Do you like him?” Stacey now snarled and giggled and looked at me in a cheeky tone again.

“He is an amazing friend so like a neighbor I do like him!” I said.

“Oh and in what sort do you like neighbors!?” Stacey said. The old woman pushed on me a panty hose and then a strapless white shirt.

“ Like you like an old turtle!” I said smiling and giggling at my answer a little.

“So you like Zedan like an old turtle!” she said bursting into fits of laughter.

“Yes! I also like him as a friend…..Stacey get of my back and give me some space. You do know that most of the times I am lenient to you! In winning arguments if I wanted…I could beat you!” I said changing the subjects as the woman handed me a huge sparkling dress and pushed me behind a sort of curtain or cloth rack.

“Okay so beat me at this argument…You are in love with the guy you didn’t know three weeks back and now you are happy you both get to act like lovers and you hope that during the acting he looks at you while you give your heart touching vow of love and unlike what’s written in the script he climbs the balcony and kisses you and your director is about to shout when you both pull back. And as you both look lovingly into each other’s eyes and tears of happiness roll down both of your cheeks, the audience gets so moved that they stand up and you get a huge applause and people roar in awe at your love.” Stacey shut up and when I imagined this a small ball of tears formed in my eyes because if I ever saw such an amazing acting I would also start crying.

“Stacey I have never been in love! Neither will I ever be specially with Zedan and if such a thing ever happened Sarah would set the entire auditorium on fire. You wanted to see whether I could win an argument against you! Just the fact that I didn’t give a worthless speech makes it more of an argument than a mere idle fancy!” I said.

I then finally having changed and perspired a little came out, Stacey’s mouth dropped.

“You look beautiful, you just need a red lipstick and Zedan by just looking at you will want to marry you!” she said, but I didn’t give any reply. I dried myself and put on makeup and finally I saw myself in the mirror, I white dress flowing, a garland of white roses on my head, glossy red lipstick on my lips, a pink blush on my cheeks, glittering and sparkling eyes and curled perfect black hair, and white beautiful heels. For the first time in life I ever felt breath taking and that thought took my breath away to an even higher degree.

I walked around waiting for them to tell me which scene I had to play and tried to regain my breath. Stacey kept staring at me and then she also started rehearsing a scene with me.

“JULIET!” the acting director shouted and then came in and told me hurriedly that they were going to rehearse he ball scene in which Romeo sneaks in and while trying to find Rosalie falls in love with Juliet at first sight and they both dance than share a kiss. I felt a huge lump in my throat knowing I had to kiss him. Then I regained my composure.

“Who is playing the part of Rosalie!?” I asked realizing I didn’t know.

“Oh Sarah is…the cheer leader remember!” the director said and went out handing me my script. WHAT? SARAH! Zedan’s girlfriend! The lump grew into a ball and I turned around with amazement and simple awkwardness towards Stacey who looked with wide eyes and raised eyebrows at me.

The woman handed me the mask I was to wear and I wore it. Okay maybe now Sarah wouldn’t know who was playing the part of Juliet.

 

I walked out onto the stage where a beautiful music had started and the settings made it look like a dance hall.

“Come out Rosalie!” the director shouted.

And then the drop dead gorgeous Sarah appeared wearing no mask. She looked amazing.

“Now Romeo will come in, wearing a mask.” The director pointed out and Zedan came out. Sarah and Zedan started acting while I pretended to dance with whomsoever was playing my father.

Romeo looked from the sides to look at Rosalie who danced with grace near Juliet…her best friend! When Juliet faced towards him… He saw a little of her face but enough to take his breath away. He pushed the crowd and passed Rosalie and came towards Juliet.

My heart stopped beating as Zedan came towards me. I looked at my script to see my lines…

“What hast thou, been bestowed but eternal beauty! Sweeter than honey and more sublime than a rose! Which god has breathed eternity onto your delicate body and enliven your eyes with magic?” Zedan said…well it was his dialogue.

“None bestowed on me what thou has spoken with chivalry! I am but a mere delicacy who you have seen with your breath taking eyes as a goddess!” I said looking at him and still reading my lines.

“All those who have passed have brought thee closer. Though I know not your melodious name but I worship your beauty.” Zedan said and looked at me.

“All men speak of women like idle birds, hast thou found an idle bird in me or hast thou been to my realms. The earth and moon like silver and gold do not mingle but have decorated this time. So that I must meet thou between such precious metals. I wish to be amongst these pretties but now I wish for thou to continue with what thou does, for it has enliven my moments!” I said.

“COME CLOSER!” the director shouted. On this remark I felt a rush of heat and nervousness pass me as I looked down and came closer.

“Then why don’t you…my beloved goddess reveal your enlightening face during these humid metallic twilights! Show me your beauty my goddess!” Romeo (Zedan said) and an unconscious nervous smile spread across me and my cheeks went red.

“Now you will take off your mask and Romeo will be left dumbfounded at your beauty while everybody in the hall will also stare at your beauty and then you both will kiss.” The director shouted. My heart beat quickened as I looked at Zedan then at Sarah and then at Stacey who was at the corner. My whole face went red but I remained calm and tried to suppress my response to what the director had said.

“Okay on the count of three do this scene. One two three!” the director shouted.

Juliet shyly took of her mask while Romeo glanced into her eyes. When she pulled down the mask, Romeo awe stricken by her beauty glared at her. He slowly started breathing again. His mouth dropped a little looking at her, an enchantment ran over his body. Rosalie from the back stared angrily at them both while the whole crowd gazed at Juliet’s beauty.

‘WHAT IS THIS!?” shouted Sarah! Zedan and I pulled back alarmed.

“WHY HAVE YOU TAKEN HER!!!?” shouted Sarah in rage, she pushed me back into the wall. The director and small staff ran onto the stage.

“I took her because she is fit for the part of Juliet.” The director scolded Sarah.

“No she is not! SHE IS NOT AT ALL BEAUTIFUL! Oh god! I should have been Juliet. Zedan and Juliet don’t match.” Sarah shouted and in rage slapped Zedan and came rushing owards me when the other actors went back and Stacey pulled her back.

“ZEDAN GET AWAY FROM HER! GET AWAY!” Sarah shouted. She grabbed Zedan’s wrist and pulled him out of the room. The few students who watched this took out their cameras to film this and laughed and at the same time also got frightened.  The director in extreme anger told all of the people to disperse and everybody ran to their classes. I stood in between the hall astonished. Sarah came in suddenly and punched me in the face and tore the ribbons away from my dress and snatched my garland.

“YOU WILL STAY AWAY FROM ZEDAN YOU CAN’T BE THE JULIET TO MY ROMEO! GET THE HELL OUT OF MY SIGHT!” she shouted. I got angry and just like my normal self said…

“He ain’t your Romeo! Technically he is mine! I am Juliet you aren’t! Oh and by the way, if you want him to be with you why don’t you even try to stay with him! You pushed him back!” I said and walking swiftly went into the dressing room and changed my clothes and then pulling my sleeves on my scars which Sarah had caused I walked out….Zedan wasn’t mine than why did I say that!  



© 2013 Darkblushedink


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on July 9, 2013
Last Updated on July 9, 2013


Author

Darkblushedink
Darkblushedink

Karachi, Pakistan



About
Hey guys! i am a writer who writes because it's my passion and nothing else! To tell the truth i'm still in high school! Writing and reading have engulfed my life, i am a very mature person with dream.. more..

Writing