~1~

~1~

A Chapter by Callie
"

First chapter

"

Freya Salizarre, preferably known as Fey, lay down on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. The room was quiet, nothing but the faint ticking of the wall clock in the hall outside of her bedroom door interrupted the silence.

Fey sat up, fingers grazing over her arm, still sensitive from the flu shot she received earlier in the day. Her parents were not home yet from work and Monday had not been very kind to her. She stood, grabbing her jacket from the back of her desk chair as she walked by, out of her room.

Fey didn’t remember taking a walk yesterday; something she always did to help her find escape from her world. The breeze was getting colder as winter approached with each passing second.  She soon arrived in outside of the woods where it was secluded from the neighborhood and it wasn’t long before she had stopped by a small stream. She watched the water, listening to its soft churning.

Snap.

Fey turned on a heel at the sound of a twig snapping. A shadow to her left caught her eye and she turned around again. “W-who’s there?” She called out, receiving no answer. Fey gasped as she felt a sharp pinch in the back of her shoulder. She turned around…

“Ahah, I got you good that time!” Wade Albury exclaimed.

Fey rolled her eyes and couldn’t help but chuckle mainly in relief, “Wade! You scared me to death you fool!”

Wade smiled, green eyes glinting, “Good.”

Fey shoved him back with a playful smirk.

“What are you doing out here alone anyway?” Wade asked, more serious than before but the smile still stuck to his tan face.

Fey raised a brow, “For as long as you’ve known me, you know I know you know why I am out here. If anyone should be asked that question it should be you. So, why are you out here alone Wade?” Fey asked, mocking his voice.

Wade smirked, “To scare you of course and I’m not alone anymore. Besides, if I hadn’t been here to scare you, something else would have and then I would have had to save you.” He pointed out matter-of-factly.

Fey crossed her arms over her chest. “Oh, really? Like what?”

Wade shrugged, “I dunno, could be anything really- a bear, fox, snake,” he paused for a moment, “some stranger stalking you from the bushes… I couldn’t let anything happen to the one and only Freya.” He teased.

Fey had started walking away again, “I told you not to call me that.” She said. After a moment, Fey noticed it had gotten silent and Wade had not spoken up. She looked over her shoulder, seeing nothing but trees all the way around. Fey grimaced, “This isn’t funny Wade!” She warned, rolling her eyes. After another few seconds, “Seriously Wade, I know what you’re up to!” Fey tried again.

Snap.

Fey stopped, not sure whether to keep walking or wait for him to come out. “Wade?” She whispered.

Fey gasped as a sudden sharp twinge of pain ran down her arm and as she fell she could feel her whole body going numb. As her vision began to fade, the last thing Fey saw was the clear blue sky and then everything went black.



© 2013 Callie


Author's Note

Callie
This is really short and I hate it because of that but I'm trying to do something different.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on October 23, 2013
Last Updated on October 23, 2013


Author

Callie
Callie

collierville, TN



About
I am currently 16 until June 3rd of 2015, I'm a junior in high school and I love to read/write/draw/swim/play guitar/sing/ and ride horses. I love animals. I am mainly into fiction/science-fiction.. more..

Writing
~Prologue~ ~Prologue~

A Chapter by Callie


~1~ ~1~

A Chapter by Callie