Chapter 1: Hitting it Off

Chapter 1: Hitting it Off

A Chapter by Emmaline Skyes
"

Chapter 2, soon to come. Comment, I like the help.

"

 

Chapter 1
Hitting it off
 
            Emmaline put the book she was reading down, yet again. At this rate she’d never finish this book, which she really wanted to do. She should have picked any other place but the park to read, but she figured it’d be quieter here then at her house. But here she was taking pictures and signing autographs instead of reading like she wanted to. She didn’t mind signing autographs and the pictures and all but couldn’t people come when she wasn’t doing something. She had on nice jeans, a red tank-top with a black low cut shirt overtop, black converse, and some makeup. Her dark brown hair with blonde and red highlights was half pulled back, with her side swept bangs down in front of her face.
            “You’re Emmaline Stryder, aren’t you?” A person asked as they recognized her.
            “Yeah I am.” She sighed and put her book down to look at the girl.
            “I love your book Remember Always. Can I have your autograph?” She asked smiling at Emma.
            “Sure.” She said smiling back and taking a book from her. She asked the girl her name and signed it for her. She was getting a little tired of doing this right now.
            “Thanks.” The girl said leaving.
            Emma nodded and stood up then. She stretched slightly, stiff from sitting on the ground by a tree. She loved reading at the park, but it wasn’t such a good idea anymore. Ever since she’d wrote her book, Remember Always, and it had sold extremely well she’d been big in LA. That and the fact her band Canadia! was big here in California and everyone liked her for that. They were only going to get bigger elsewhere when they got their first CD out, which they were working on. She couldn’t wait, but she didn’t know how she’d ever be able to go out after that. Emma sighed and grabbed her stuff off the ground. She then started to head off to her car, a yellow Porsche she’d just got when she’d come into all the money. She got in it and pulled out, heading for her house. After a little drive she pulled into a really nice looking house, overlooking the beach. Emma loved the beach that was why she’d told her manager to get this house. She parked and headed into the house.
            “I’m back!” Emma yelled as she shut the door and headed in. She walked into the living room and noticed it was quiet. Too quiet for anyone in her band to be home. She played with her lip ring as she put her stuff on the couch and looked around. After a moment Emma sat down on the couch and started reading her book again, glad at last for the quiet.
            After awhile of reading the door to the house opened and then closed. “Emma?” A girl called, coming towards the living room.
            “In here Bailey!” Emma called back. She put her book down then, she’d gotten farther in it then she’d expected too.
            “Hey. I thought you were going to the park to read?” Bailey asked, coming into the room. She was in tight jeans and a red tank top. Her dirty blonde hair with blue highlights was wavy and shoulder length. She definitely looked like she belonged in a band.
            “Not really a good idea anymore.” Emma laughed slightly. “I was there until people wouldn’t stop asking for pictures and my autograph.” Emma said shrugging. “Where are the others at?” She asked.
            “Out somewhere. Probably shopping or eating.” Bailey shrugged, she wasn’t sure.
            Emma nodded. A moment later her cell phone rang. She looked at the number and saw it was her manager. She answered it and started talking. She was talking for quite awhile before she hung up and looked at Bailey.
            “Who was that?” Bailey asked, curious.
            “My manager.” Emma said sighing. “He wants me to go to England for when they release my book over there. Says there’s going to be a party the night before and everything.” She said shrugging and smiling.
            “Really? That’s so cool!” Bailey said excited.
            “Yeah. But I told him not without my band.” Emma said pausing then. “So he said ok. He’d work it out.”
            “Oh my God I love you!” Bailey practically screamed and hugged Emma.
            “I know. Everyone does.” Emma joked.
            They laughed for a little before they started talking about what they were going to do on the trip and everything. They were really hoping to meet McFly, their all time favorite band. They also had the TV on. After awhile of them talking the door to the house opened and shut then.
            “Honey I’m home!” A guy yelled as the door shut.
            “Ian, I’m in here!” Emma yelled back jokingly.
            “Hey guys.” Another girl said as her and Ian walked into the living room.
            “Hey Teagan.” Bailey said.
            The girl had long blonde hair and was wearing black pants and a black shirt. The guy also had blonde hair, but he had on an American Eagle shirt and jeans. He looked like the preppy one in the group.
            “What are you two up to?” He asked as the two sat down on the couch as well.
            “Watching TV and talking. But Emma has something to tell you guys!” Bailey said excited again.
            “What?” They asked together, they were kind of confused though.
            “So my manager called…” Emma said pausing. “And we’re going to London for my book release over there. I got it all worked out.” She said excited.
            “That’s so cool!” They said excited.
            “Yeah. We leave in a few days.” Emma said smiling. “We’re going to get there about a week early so we can shop and hang out too.”
            “Cool.” They said.
            They all started to watch TV again then. They had Scrubs on, because they all loved the show. They kept talking about the trip though, they couldn’t wait for it.
 
 
            A few days later they were all packed and they headed off to the airport to get on their plane to London. They were all so excited to get there. The plane ride seemed to take forever for them but they slept through most of it. They had a great trip and soon they had landed in London and they were all so excited. They got off and managed to find all their luggage and soon they were on their way to their house.
            They pulled in at the house, it was also on the beach, which was nice, except it was kind of cold compared to LA. They got out and headed into the house. It was just as big as their last one. They walked into the main hallway and looked around. Down the short hall was the living room. They had a wrap around couch and plasma screen TV. They had some game systems set up in there as well. Off the living room as the kitchen and dining room, which were both extremely nice. Down the hall were the bedrooms, which all had names on the doors and an extra bathroom. They all spilt up then so they could put their stuff away.
            Emma walked into her room which had a king sized four poster bed, with gold and blue sheets on it. The curtains and walls matched. There was a big walk in closet and a few dressers. There was also a desk there and a couch and TV. Emma sighed, this was nice. She took her suitcases and sat them on her bed as she started putting everything away. She saw a black bag hanging in the closet with her name on it. She opened it and found a real nice gold evening gown in it. A note was pinned to the outside of the bag. She pulled it off and closed the bag then. She then headed back into the main room and sat down on the bed. She read the note then which read as follows:
 
Emmaline,
          The party for your book release will be a formal party. I figured a new dress was in order and I knew what you liked. Hope you find it fits and you like it. Any problems, contact me and I will take care of it. Four invitations for you and your friends for your party are in the top drawer of your desk. You may invite anyone you want, just let me know that as well so they can be put on the guest list. Hope you have a great time here in London and see you at your party. Can’t wait to see the dress on you.
                              Your manager,
Derrick Parker
 
          Emma smiled and shook her head that was just like Derrick. She loved him like a brother, and she knew he liked her more then that, but it wasn’t the same for her and he knew it. She really liked the dress though; she couldn’t wait to actually wear it. While she was sitting there the other three came into the room.
            “No fair, yours is the biggest!” Bailey said joking.
            “Really?” Emma asked looking up.
            “Yeah.” Bailey said. She noticed the note in Emma’s hands. “What’s that Em? A love note?” She asked joking.
            “No. It’s explaining where our invites to the party are and that I got a new dress for it. It’s a formal event; you guys might want to go shopping or something.” Emma said smiling at them. She stood up then.
            They nodded and thought about it.
            “So it’s from Derrick? You know how much he likes you.” Bailey said smiling.
            “Yeah but he knows it wouldn’t work out. It’s not like that for me.” She said shrugging.
            Bailey nodded. “I know.”
            “So what are we going to do?” Ian asked.
            “Well I don’t know about you guys but I’m going shopping.” Emma said smiling.
            “Of course you are. You’re always shopping.” Bailey laughed. “But I’m coming with too.” She said smiling.
            “Ok good!” Emma laughed.
            “I think I’m just going to hang out here. Maybe grab some food later, but that’s it.” Ian said sighing.
            “Me too. That sounds like a good plan.” Teagan added. She and Ian headed off back into the living room where they sat down and immediately turned on the TV. They started channel surfing then, trying to find something to watch.
            Emma and Bailey headed out of the house then. They knew where they wanted to go already, they wanted to check out some stores with Atticus, MacBeth, and Hurley stuff in it.
            “Let’s take the train.” Emma said leading the way.
            “Ok cool.” Bailey said following her.
            They got to the train station and paid to get on. They got on then and tried to find an empty seat. They finally took the last two opened seats across from a really cute guy and a pretty girl. Emma and Bailey instantly recognized him as Dougie Poynter from McFly. They girl on the other hand they weren’t quite sure who she was.
             The girl looked up as they came in and sat down. “Hi.” She said smiling at them. “I’m Jazzie and this is my brother Dougie.” She said pointing to Dougie then.
            “Hi. I’m Bailey and this is my friend Emmaline.” Bailey said smiling back.
            “Emma for short though.” Emma adding, smiling.
            “Nice to meet you.” Jazzie said.
            “You too.” They said together. Emma smiled, she knew her and Bailey spent too much time together. They were too similar, but it was all in a good way. They were like sisters which was why they got along together so well.
            “Where you guys from?” She asked, noticing they didn’t talk like them. Dougie was just looking out the window, not paying much attention. He didn’t like that Jazzie was talking to them.
            “Well we were born in Pennsylvania, but we actually live in Los Angeles.” Bailey said nodding slightly.
            “Cool. How old are you two?” Jazzie asked, interested.
            “Both of us are sixteen.” Bailey said. Emma was just listening now, she wasn’t adding anything else. She kept looking at Dougie though, she had always liked him.
            “I’m sixteen too!” Jazzie said excited. “Dougie’s eighteen though.” She said smiling. She turned to Emma then after a moment of quiet. “You wrote the book Remember Always, didn’t you?” She asked.
            “Yeah, how do you know about it?” Emma asked, seeing as it hadn’t come out in London yet.
            “Well Dougie told me about it.” She said shrugging. “Plus you’re on TV. I also think Dougie may have a crush on you too.” She added, smiling.
            Dougie then glared and her before he looked back out the window, embarrassed.
            Emma smiled. “Oh ok.” She said. She then looked at Dougie and smiled at him and after a moment he smiled slightly back at her.
            “Where are you two going?” Jazzie asked then.
            “Stop being so annoying Jazzie.” Dougie snapped at her then.
            “Shopping. Mostly to Atticus, MacBeth, and Hurley because they don’t have many if any of those stores in the states.” Emma said smiling.
            “Cool, so are we, we can hang out!” She said excited again.
            “Stop! They probably don’t want to hang out with us.” Dougie said kind of embarrassed by her.
            “I don’t mind it.” Emma shrugged. “I mean as long as you guys don’t mind.”
            “Then it’s a plan.” She smiled.
            “This is our stop guys.” Dougie said as the train pulled into a station and stopped.
            The four of them stood up then. Jazzie led the way out, followed by Bailey. When Emma and Dougie were left Dougie waited and motioned for Emma to go first. Emma nodded slightly and headed out. They then headed out to the stores then. Once they got there they spilt up to look at their own stuff. Jazzie went to the belts and accessories section, Bailey went to the shoe section, and Dougie and Emma went to the Atticus, clothing section. Once they got there they started looking at shirts.
            “Sorry about Jazzie. She doesn’t realize how annoying she is.” Dougie said as they were looking at shirts.
            “No it’s ok. I hang out with Bailey, I’m used to it.” Emma said smiling at him.
            He laughed. “Oh ok.” He smiled back at her.
            “So you’ve heard of my book?” Emma asked while she picked up a shirt to look at it.
            “Yeah it sounded interesting.” He said nodding. “I actually want to read it.”
            “Wow, so my book is interesting enough to have Dougie Poynter from McFly wanting to read it.” Emma said. “I must be good.” She joked, and smiled at him.
            “Yeah.” He said smiling back at her. “So you’ve heard of McFly?” He asked.
            “Heard of McFly?” Emma asked looking at him. “I like freakin worship you guys.” She said joking. “No not worship. But you’re my favorite band. McFly is one of the reasons Canadia!, my band, came to be.” Emma said smiling.
            “So you’re in a band.” Dougie asked, looking at her.
            “Yep. Canadia!” Emma said. “We’re only big in California though. That will hopefully change when we get our first CD out soon though.” She said shrugging.
            “Cool. What do you play?” He asked, picking up a shirt and looking at it.
            “Bass, like you. But I’m the lead singer as well. I also sometimes play the piano.” She said smiling slightly.
            “Cool, I’ll have to listen to your music sometime.” He said putting the one shirt down and picking up another one. He looked at it then.
            “Yeah definitely. I want to know what you think about it.” Emma said smiling at him. She then picked up a shirt that she liked. She actually had a few shirts she liked. “Ok I’m ready, or else I’m going to buy the whole store.” She laughed.
            “Me too.” Dougie said laughing. “What shirts did you get?” He asked looking at her.
            They both held up their favorite shirts they picked. They both looked and realized it was the same shirt. They both started laughing then.
            “Wow I guess we’re more similar then I thought.” She said smiling at him.
            “Yeah.” Dougie said still laughing slightly.
They went up and paid for their shirts then. The two of them ended up going into different stores as well and bought a few more things. Emma had bought more then she had planned on buying but she found some great deals in the process so she was extremely happy with everything she’d gotten. She was glad they’d come and shopped here. She was also extremely glad they’d met Dougie and his sister, Jazzie. After they finished shopping they stopped and bought ice cream and sat there eating it and talking. Dougie and Emma were the last two to finish their ice cream.
“I’m going to the bathroom before we leave.” Jazzie said standing up then.
“I’m going to go to.” Bailey said standing up as well. They both headed off to the bathroom then, leaving Dougie and Emma there alone.
It was quiet for moment and Dougie smiled at Emma, who smiled back. Neither one was sure what to say at the moment.
“So…you just got here today, right?” He asked after a moment.
“Yeah I did.” Emma said smiling. She thought she knew where this was going and if so she’d be happy.
“Then how about if you don’t have any plans tomorrow I show you around London.” He said smiling at her. “I can show you all the good places around here.”
“No I don’t have any plans. That sounds like a great idea though.” She said smiling at him. “I’ll give you my number so you can call me then.” She said taking a napkin and writing her number down on it for him. She gave it to him then.
“Cool I’ll pick you up around 10 tomorrow then.” He said taking it and pocketing it. He then got a napkin and gave her his number so she had his as well.
“Ok. That sounds great.” Emma said smiling still. At that moment Jazzie and Bailey got back from the bathroom.
“Okay, we’re ready to go.” Jazzie said smiling at them.
They nodded and stood up then. They all started walking out, talking then. They got on the train soon afterwards. Instead of Emma and Bailey sitting by each other though, Emma and Dougie said beside each other and Jazzie and Bailey sat by each other. It was a short but fun ride, talking about all different things. Not long after though Bailey and Emma had to get off the train at their stop.
“Talk to you tomorrow.” Emma said smiling at Dougie as they left.
The two of them had the short walk home in silence; they didn’t know what to say at the moment. That and they couldn’t say much, seeing as too many people were around that could overhear it and tell other people. Once the door to the house shut it was a different story though.
“Oh my God! You have a date with Dougie tomorrow, don’t you?!” Bailey asked excited, as they were walking towards the living room. She was practically screaming it though.
Emma just smiled at her a moment. “Yes!” She said excited as well.
“Oh my God! You’re so lucky! You have to get me to meet Danny!” Bailey said still excited.
“Yeah I know.” Emma laughed.
“Invite them to your party! It’d be a great opportunity.” She said jumping up and down like a little kid.
“Ok I will. Calm down Bailey.” Emma said laughing now.
“What’s all the noise?” Ian asked coming down the hall. Teagan was coming out of the kitchen, just as confused.
“Emma has a date with Dougie Poynter from McFly! Tomorrow!” Bailey said before Emma could get it out.
Emma just nodded and smiled at the two.
“Cool.” Ian said not that excited.
“You don’t get it, you’re a guy,” Bailey said rolling her eyes.
Emma laughed. “I’m going for a shower and to put my stuff away. I think I’m also going to go to bed, it’s getting late.” Emma said looking at the clock which showed the time was 10:45 p.m.
“Yeah you need all the rest you can get for tomorrow at the date.” Bailey said grinning.
Emma shook her head and headed off to her room. She put all the stuff she bought away then and jumped in the shower. She finished and got into short shorts and a tank-top to go to bed. After she turned off the lights she laid down in bed. She thought for a moment she wasn’t going to be able to go to sleep because of how excited she was for tomorrow. But slowly she drifted to sleep, dreaming about all the different ways tomorrow could turn out.


© 2008 Emmaline Skyes


Author's Note

Emmaline Skyes
Comment please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on December 1, 2008


Author

Emmaline Skyes
Emmaline Skyes

Trevorton, PA



About
Hi! I'm 16 and I love writing and reading. Some of my stories are based off of shows, but some aren't. I am still working on my writing techniques in my Journalism class and such, but I'm hoping you l.. more..

Writing