Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Xavier Honre

So what if I'm gay? It's none of your business anyway! I mean look at you, you're over weight. You don't see me asking if you had a slice of cake on the side of a five gallon ice cream, do you? So why should you be able to ask me if I'm gay? You got to know I'm gonna say no even if I am... I mean come on: Who in their right mind would say "Yes I'm gay" right in the middle of gym class? How friggin stupid do you take me for? You know I can't play sports, so I have to have some sort of knowledge... or at least common sense. Geez, how dense can you get?

 

This is what I felt like saying as I stared into the big face of Gerrard, the linebacker of my gym class. But all I could manage was a small "Nope" and an unconvincing scowl.

 

"Are you sure? I mean you should tell us if you are. It's not like we want a f*g trying to f**k us in the locker room." He got a big smile on his already huge face, he knew he was breaking me. "But I don't think you'd hate that too much... being you you're probably the f*g to do it!"

 

"Mr. Wilson! Will you please put that ball in play?" Mrs. Baller yelled from across the gym, not caring to ask what the heartfelt moment was about.

 

Gerrard gave me a humongous, sickening smile as he turned around and walkedto the serving line. My blood pumped as I turned towards the net and tried to focus my energy on not letting the ball come my way. For some reason it never hit my hands, at the last moment it always swerves and hits the floor. Then I always get a congratulating yell from my already happy team mates. Yah right, I mean come on... who'd really want me on their team? That's what I thought. So I took my stance and got ready to miss again, man I'm a devoted player. Then, "THWAP!" Yep! The ball hit me directly in the head, which sent me into the volleyball net, and then to the floor.

 

"OH MY GOD! What the hell is wrong with you two? Can't we just have one freaking game of vollyball, without you two bickerin'?" Mrs. Baller screamed, as though my head didn't hurt enough. "Mikelson, get your a*s the the clinic before you pass out and die like the pansy you are; Wilson you just earned yourself a day of runnin' laps!"

 

Like thats going to solve anything. When he gets done with his 'hard time' it's obvious who he's gonna want to pay a visit too. Im pretty sure it wont be his mother. Willingly I traipsed off, yet again, to visit the clinic. The nurse, Betsy (Isn't is funny how there are a lot of nurses named Betsy?), knew exactly what happened before I got through the door.

 

"Get hit again hunny? Man, you just can't seem to find a sport that likes you, can yah?" Boy did she say it. The closest thing to sports I can claim is writing. If we had a writing competition in gym I think I'd win. I'd beat the jocks with a kick-a*s poem! Oh yah! Like that's ever gonna happen. The closest thing to writing we get in gym is the written tests over the sports we learned. (By the way, that's the only way I'm passing gym with a B+. That plus getting dressed and vaguely participating daily. Though I'm really considering not even doing that.) Other then that it's just masculine, heterosexual sports-laden work. Like a living hell.

 

Betsy checked my head, took my temperature, and proclaimed me to be in good condition. She did her usual check on parent permission waver and gave me my last Tylenol. I guess that means I have to go get more. Because surely I'm going to have to get some from her next week... So she told me I was free to go and I did my normal routine including puppy dog eyes and a bit of begging.

 

"Fine," she said almost annoyed, but with a smile."I think you might need to lie down for oh say... twenty-three minutes?"

 

I flashed her a smile and assumed my regular act of being sick on the medical cot. Even though everyone who comes through here knows my game. It's just a matter of time before it gets back to Mrs. Ballsy. Oops, I mean Baller.

 

--

 

I should probably tell you a bit about myself. My name is James Daniel Mikelson, and I'm fifteen. I just started high school so that makes me a freshman (I believe that also makes me fresh-meat). I have deep green eyes, chestnut hair, and a small nose (I can't complain there) but I have rather large ears... oh, and no butt. I'm built like a flag pole, extreemly skinny and tall. I guess I have big feet if you count a size thirteen as large. Now about my personality, where do I start? I am a very smart individual with a great sense of humor. I think my best quality would be how vain I am, I mean being conceeded is good sometimes right?

 

I have two best friends, Caleb Powell and Nicole Taylor. They are ber-special! Caleb is fifteen and I've known him since we were in second grade. He has sexy blue eyes if I might say so myself. They sparkle when he's happy, and burn through you when he's pissed. He wears a dirty blond mop on the top of his head that he can't do anything with, and towers over me by a whole inch at six foot three inches. Did I mention he has a six pack? He's let me feel it before! Well not exactly let me, my hand just sort of reached out... but he wasn't too freaked. As for Nicole, she is beautiful with a dark, dark brown hair and the most adorable hazelnut eyes. She's petite, but not without muscle. And for being sixteen, she has a voice like an angle. When you hear her sing it's amazing, but of course she's very modest. Sometimes it's to the point that you just want to smack her... But anyways, if I wern't gay I'd probably date her, if she'd have me. So far this year she just hasen't "found the right guy". It's October, and I've found plenty of guys for myself, none of which give a damn, but that's not the point.

 

 

 

 

--

 

When the final bell rang I raced through the hallways and out to my parents van. There was no way I was going to let fat-head Wilson see me. I think he'd seen enough of me for one day, I should probably save the delight for another wonderfully exciting gym class. Which, in case you're wondering, is my last period of the day. I got lucky there, who wants to walk around smelling like sweat all day? I mean besides Gerrard...

"Hey babe, how was your day?" My mom asked, totally un-aware of my homophobic filled day.

"Eh..." I replied like usual. Then as was custom my dad would ask me to explain a bit more and I would say I haven't recapped yet. And that was that. The extent of our converstations until supper. It's not that I'm angry with them in any way, I just don't feel like talking to them... ever. It's hard to understand, believe me, but no one's dying and we're still a family. At least I hope...

 

--

 

When I got home I jumped on the computer to talk to Caleb and Nicole about my tantalizing gym class. I signed into Yahoo and found both of them to be online.

 

 

 

 

 

jmboi11: OMG, you guysll never guess what happened to me! it was horrible...

 

calp93: What? did your dad forget to put the seat down for you?? :P

 

Oh, did I mention that Caleb tries to have a sense of humor thats soooo not funny? Hmmm... need I say it?

 

Lapetiteamournbt: Caleb! Come on... it's not like you want us talking about your pinky finger do you??

 

jmboi11: Oh yah, I'm totally tellin Liz... shell love it!

 

calp93: You knew I was jokin Jay... Im sorry.

 

Lapetiteamournbt: So Liz is a shell now, huh?

 

jmboi11: I forgive you calp (what were you thinking when you made that name?) And as for you, Miss little love, i aint got no perfect grammer if'n I chose to talk like i dun lost my brain I be allowed. Godish...

 

Lapetiteamournbt: Well you must had a bushy tailed day! Lets go, spill it! ;(

 

jmboi11: well first of all, Gerrard decided he wanted to have a couple words with me about sex... then he missed the vollyball net and scored a point off my head.

 

calp93: So who won the game? Bunny boy or the sex-miester?

 

Lapetiteamournbt: aww go shove it calp, don't forget those pictures... Are you ok James?

 

jmboi11: Yah Im fine, its just Im sick and tired of all this crap! I mean not just with Gerrard but the rest of the school. No teacher will do anything about the harassment, f*g's become my second name, and I can't look to my parents for help cuz thell flip! My life is a friggin mess!

 

calp93: Dude, hey you always got us, and I promise to lay off the jokes.

 

Lapetiteamournbt: yes, and I'm sure your parents wont take it too hard. I mean they love you. How bad could it be? You know they wont throw you out and We can be there when you tell them if you want. We're here for you.

 

jmboi11: thanks guys, but I don't think I'll be telling them anytime soon... we don't talk much remember?

 

calp93: Hey I don't mean to cut this short, but I gotta get off here to do my homework! Stupid mr. faller...

 

Lapetiteamournbt: Yah, I should work on my french... Tu est stupide, calp! lol, well talk to you later!

 

jmboi11: Ok, well I'll see you guys later... remember we get out tomorrow for Thanksgiving break. 12:33 release.

 

calp93 has signed off.

 

Lapetiteamournbt has signed off.

 

I signed off of yahoo and checked my grades. Everything looked good, except my gym grade. I clicked on the link to view the grades. That evil woman dropped my grade for going to the office because I got injured in her class! Ohhh that ticked me off... ther is no way i'll be able to get those points back. We're done for the week; her class is dropped due to the early release schedule. So I'm screwed... ugh! We're two weeks into the quarter and I'm already losing points on my gym grade. I have to wonder what i've done to deserve such a great teacher. Could life get any better? I had to ask...



© 2008 Xavier Honre


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like it

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very nice. I felt really bad for James at the beggining and near the end. I don't get why people can't just accept each other. We're all human right? We all love, and hate, and grieve don't we?!
I'm sorry...I just don't understand why people...can't accept each other. That's what your story has made me think of so far. But it's good! There's no doubt about that! Good Work! Now...on to Chapter 2!

Posted 15 Years Ago


so far, its pretty good. i like how it flows and how it you started the story, it makes you want to read more.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 12, 2008


Author

Xavier Honre
Xavier Honre

I'm in the little place in the back of my head where I rediscovered my inspiration!, OH



About
I'm back! Sorry I've been gone so long, I've been occupied. But I'm back and I've got writings to share! I'm working on posting all of my poems since I haven't been on in months so bear with me! .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Xavier Honre


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Xavier Honre


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Xavier Honre