America.

America.

A by Melissa Rose
"

a rant about our grand country

"

AMERICA. What is America?

As far as I'm concerned, not much more than ignorant, self-contered people.

America. Let's invade another country because they MIGHT have nuclear weapons, or their government isn't EXACTLY like ours. Let's free countries from their established governments, encouraging civil wars and increasing poverty; in hopes that they will be just like us.

America. Even though our country is in an economic recession, unemployment is rising, and poverty is increasing, we seem to have the money to fund countries that don't concern us.

America. Stick our nose in EVERYONE'S business.

America. Help others, perform charitible acts, all to make ourselves look better. Personal gain, not compassion.

That my friend, is America.

We are caught up in superficiality, constantly missing the point. But, what else is new?

America. Ignorant. America. Greedy. America. Self-centered.

© 2009 Melissa Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You make some valid yet controversial points in your rant. I too compose many rants ( www.dayniserants.blogspot.com ) and I have learned that when you are making controversial statements you should always be careful to pad them with evidential discovery. I do realize that you wanted to make this piece succinct.

There are a few grammatical errors ("self-contered" in the second line) so you may want to proof. There is also a lot to be said for spacing. Double spacing your main points may make it easier to recognize transitions.

Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really liked your writing my friend,how you analysed things so well,and you were so right..
Like you are almost really lived in those countries you talked about..
Yes America did invade other countries under false proof and destroyed them
and I am living proof of what you said,the last six years are like nightmare in Iraq
There was a civil war that was encouraged in every bit,so much poverty and misery too
and why ,Iraq was never a threat to America..
America is a great lovely country..the American dream,I used to love your freedom and democracy
but your last adminstration did everything to smear the good reputation of a great country
My country is small and it was wiped out,nothing is left working like before..its just ruins now
and for what,so many deaths you could never count here..and it will never go back like before
chaos will be here for a long while,I cant even get out of my house to go to work
or surely I get killed..I really admire your honesty and being so frank and truthful ..thats what I like about America and Americans
they tell whats wrong when its wrong..I have so many American friends both online and for real
Thats what I admire in them..they are honest ,and very sympathetic..you were just like that my friend
This writing I will never forget easily..I swear I really loved every word of truth in it
lovely write

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I appreciate your right to voice your opinion. However, I do not agree that America's people are the main problem, but rather I feel that it is the corruption of government that is our main enemy in this country; it is up to the people of this country to demand a change in our governments polices. I do agree that the American people are ignorant about how to bring about change and reform to our government, but I do not think they are happy about how things are going. If you would like to see a change come about, then get involved and encourage your friends and family to get involved. Check out "America the Mute," which is a paper that I wrote.
You did a great job expressing your message; your words are to the point, but I felt that they where rather rash. I love this country, but there is no doubt we have some major issues that need to work out.
The spark has been lit, tend to it with care.
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You make some valid yet controversial points in your rant. I too compose many rants ( www.dayniserants.blogspot.com ) and I have learned that when you are making controversial statements you should always be careful to pad them with evidential discovery. I do realize that you wanted to make this piece succinct.

There are a few grammatical errors ("self-contered" in the second line) so you may want to proof. There is also a lot to be said for spacing. Double spacing your main points may make it easier to recognize transitions.

Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 23, 2009

Author

Melissa Rose
Melissa Rose

Galloway, OH



About
I write. I act. I live. I laugh. I learn. I love. I create.I share. I enjoy. I aspire. I dream. I am myself, and the world will never be ready. The world is my stage, I am counting the days until I .. more..

Writing
Simply Simply

A Poem by Melissa Rose


Anomaly Anomaly

A Poem by Melissa Rose


Finale Finale

A Poem by Melissa Rose



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Life Life

A Poem by Tate Morgan


the healer the healer

A Poem by Emily B