The Day Before Mothers Day

The Day Before Mothers Day

A Story by Demii
"

"1993: Child Killed in Warrington Bomb Attack." BBC News. BBC, 20 Mar. 1993. Web. 25 Sept. 2013

"

It was 1993, the day before mother’s day, and it was a beautiful march morning. My parents and I were rushing to get that last minute gift for mom, trying to hide it and keep it a secret. The golden square was always packed on Saturdays mornings, it was quite a pain to get around but I handled myself well enough. I grabbed my little brother’s hand so he didn’t fall behind, and we started heading to a store up ahead of us to find mom something special. Walking around the store I saw something shiny and gold and went over towards my brother. Hey dad, what about this? It’s nice.” I asked holding a bright golden pen that said ‘I love you mom’. “Well son, considering she’s your mother, we can get her something a little better than this” I head back towards where I found the pen and put it back.

 

We all slowly walking out the store scanning all the shelves quick to make sure we didn’t miss anything. That’s when I hear the most terrifying loud noise, and everything’s white. I flew so far; I lost sight of my family. The golden square was not the golden square anymore, it was destroyed. Everything was destroyed, they’re dozens of people screaming and crying for help, but there was nothing I could do but run. I ran as fast as I could scream my brother’s name, yelling for my mom and dad, but I couldn’t see or hear them. That’s when another bomb blew up and that’s when I saw them. The bridge cracked and started breaking, my mom and dad were on the opposite side screaming for me and holding my brothers dangling body. I couldn’t walk, I couldn’t move, I couldn’t even scream if I wanted to. My legs were broken and bruised, from the fall and impact of everything blowing up. But I didn’t give up. I put all my strength into my arms and pushed myself closer and closer to my parents, until I couldn’t anymore. I was getting dizzy and the pain was so excoriating I couldn’t bear move another muscle with screaming in agony. I gave up, I lied they’re and I watched people suffer, I watched people cry and I couldn’t do anything, but lye here.  

© 2014 Demii


Author's Note

Demii
In 1993 March 20, two young children had died, and minimum fifty people injured by two bombs that were placed in two iron bins by the IRA.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was some story I hope it wasn't you within it? It was very mind blowing because things like that take place on no matter what the day. We never know tomorrow nor are we meant too. I say take each day for what it is tell people how you feel , tell them you love them you care about them hug them never letting go:) You did great Demii:) I found it very profound and was sucked within it. I am bad to vision all the images placed out when I read . Sometimes its filled with beauty other times sad and pain reading things. I look forward reading more when you write :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

0000000000000000000000000000

10 Years Ago

Ok well you sure did great with it:) your very welcome your an amazing writer too, Got me blushin bi.. read more
Demii

10 Years Ago

:) I'm glad!
0000000000000000000000000000

10 Years Ago

Miles of smilessssssssssssssssssssssssssss



Reviews

Great story telling. This did justice in the realm of getting the message across. Great message. There's lot of times where a story can have a great message to aim for, and have a lot of under lining things but then no one gets it, and if no one gets it, then the point has failed. But in my opinion this did well to get the message across. You made it clear, which is why I think it's good. Keep up the good work. What was also great was that I could imagine the story as I read it, and that is also a strong point of stories. The ability to have the reader imagine it because after all we're reading not watching it, but it was as if I was there as I read this, and that is great. Great visuals and great story telling. It had plot and substance. When you add substance to writing it gets that much better. It gets the reader hooked on it and make them feel as if they are part of it. As long as their is that emotional connection between the reader and the story then it's good. The connection you were able to established in the writing gives the reader a sense of comfortably that they are in tune with the writing. So that way when the writing is over, the reader wants more, and wishes it didn't end. I feel the same way when I watched a movie or tv series that I get so attached to, I never want it to end. And for this writing, I didn't want it to end. You had me hooked, and I am sure everyone else who read it was hooked as well. That is good, that is what you want for people to keep wanting more. The way you put the story together makes me feel like my life is different for that moment in which I read your story. I love it, and it was beautiful. Just keep posting stories like this, and you'll have a good following.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very well written, your words transform to images with the simplest of ease!


Posted 9 Years Ago


Demii

9 Years Ago

Aweh Thanks alot. :)
intense write. you discribed the event very well as if you were actually there (I'm assuming and hoping it's nothing but an imagined story). well done demii.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Demii

9 Years Ago

Thank you ! Actually its based on a true story the bombs actually happened and etc I just created th.. read more
Woody

9 Years Ago

that's what I thought. unfortunately these kind of things keep happening these days at an alarming p.. read more
Demii

9 Years Ago

Exactly its sad, I couldn't agree more!
My friend what a great story teller you're! God I was reading and same time in flashback was watching a movie. Simply brilliant work...congrats

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Demii

10 Years Ago

Thanks :):):):)
nice work.................................................................

Posted 10 Years Ago


Demii

10 Years Ago

Thanks alot. :)
Scary stuff, a very visceral piece

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Demii

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much !! :)
This was something a little stronger than expected. Nice work

Posted 10 Years Ago


Demii

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review :) & thank you means alot !
I learned something new today........thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Demii

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading and for the reviews :)
Great analogy, you described very well! I loved!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Demii

10 Years Ago

awe, thank you so much ! :)
wow im speechless, mind blowing, really turned me upside down inside. thanks for sharing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Demii

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much! & Thank you for the review :) & reading !

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

749 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2014
Last Updated on February 25, 2014
Tags: #IRA #Bombing #Death #History

Author

Demii
Demii

Belleville, Qunite, Canada



About
"Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful" My name is Demii, which is short for Demereace. I'm in my first year of college at Loyalist College. I'.. more..

Writing
Little Girl Little Girl

A Poem by Demii


A Journey A Journey

A Poem by Demii



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Love

A Poem by Bri


Koi Pond Koi Pond

A Poem by Pryde Foltz