Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Chapter by Roy
"

Recollections Of a Wasted Life

"

17:11  

 
Well .. and I thought IBM Lotus Notes had one feature that I would be bowled over. Not that I was not impressed by the journal section of the official email client used by millions of officegoers the world over, but then who would like to stash his secrets in the office database when he could easily maintain every laugh, every tear, every blush, every kiss worth remembering in a single folder. That too without having to face the overt simplicity of our beloved text editors. In a nutshell, I think I've fallen in love with this little application coded by Andre Slabber from the Netherlands (www.moorelife.nl).
 
Now onto a brief history of mine. Born Someshwar Roy, in a small industrial town 200 kms from the City of Joy on the 28th day of November, circa 1985. Educated in Little Angels' School (kindergarten), Hindi High School (now Birla High; stayed here for about a year), Calcutta Boys' School, and IIT Kharagpur. Such facts may be all too insignificant for the reader, but such snippets do help me refresh a failing memory. Back to some more refreshers: Was good in studies at school. Sucked at anything that entailed the utilization of the physique. Perenially ill during schooldays, which gave way to opportunistic ailments at college level. Interest in studies continued post-school at but a superficial level, for the zeal to learn engineering vaporized as soon as I set foot inside the hallowed institute. Spent four years in drama, music and literary activities instead, and in neither succeeded in making the cut. At least to the point of personal satisfaction. Graduated silently, into a little-known and little-cared-for alumnus. Joined a supply chain consultancy, which was acquired as soon as I flew in - a remarkable coincidence indeed. Since then, have channelized my efforts to prepare for an uneventful life - comprising work, sleep and cigarettes. Music, I am tempted to add, though my skills in the particular sphere have already reached my grave. Or so it seems.
 
And I better not mention a word on my success with the fairer sex.
 
My tagline: "I rarely lie". That would probably be my 299,792,458th lie.
 
And so I hope that the reader expects not much from my mundane tale as it unfolds before me slowly, in varying shades of grey.  
 
 
 
 


© 2008 Roy


Author's Note

Roy
I have basically started using a journal software called Diary, which has been developed by Andre Slabber, who is incidentally an author as well.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi there Roy. Are you starting up on your memoir? You know, I often tell folks that the one book no writer should ever indulge in is his/her biography. It would be boring. Imagine Tolkien talking about how he discovered writing about Elves and The Lords of The Ring trilogy while in his bathtub?

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 1, 2008
Last Updated on November 1, 2008


Author

Roy
Roy

Singapore



About
(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js.. more..

Writing
Shadows Shadows

A Poem by Roy


Fallacies Fallacies

A Poem by Roy