Stop Being so Sad, They Said

Stop Being so Sad, They Said

A Chapter by Kindra Elise
"

chap. 2 feedback would be greatly appreciated

"

  So I suppose I shall start where I left off. *sigh* I wouldn't consider myself talented nor important in any way, and I am two-hundred percent sure anyone else would agree with me.

  "Oh shut up, Isabelle!" Layla, my closest friend believe it or not, would screech if I told her that.

  She's a very friendly girl, really. She does anything to cheer you up, but that's why I have come to believe that our friendship is only out of pitty. It hurts me to admit it... though I have swore not to show it.

  "Isabelle." My teacher said firmly.

  My burgundy hair flipped to the side of my face as I jolted up in my seat. All eyes were on me. I heard a few chuckles sound behind me.

  Ms. Watkin's eyes burned into mine; I could tell she was probably holding back some sorta snide remark. Abruptly, she turned back around to face the board. "As I was saying," she continued to blab on about how the religions came to be or whatever, I didn't care. It was no use to me.

  A let out a light breath and turned my head to the foggy window. I was gloomy outside, as usual. The dark clouds blanketed the sky, it would be no surprise if it snowed tonight. In all honesty, I enjoyed this side of the building more than any other (despite my teacher and peers). I had a clear shot view of the dense forest to the west of the school property; merely a two-hundred yard distance from where I sat.

  Now don't think that I'm some typical "emo" wannabe runaway. I don't want to runaway (though it'd be nice if I could be somewhere else) I would have no where to go. I just enjoy traveling. One Christmas my grandparents got me a cheap camera and I'd take it with me everywhere I went. That was before my parent's accident, though. Ever since then I had been dwelling in a small, crowded room full of all the s**t I've had since I was, like, eight.

  ~

 

  Surprisingly, the day went by fairly fast. I sat alone at lunch, as usual. I only ate an apple and a few blueberries but that was fine with me.

  Geometry was my least favourite class (if you were wondering). Those are where most of the a******s reside. Not one of them knowing when to shut the hell up. Ugh.

  And if this makes it any better, I am failing that class which my grandparents disapprove of greatly. Don't get me wrong here, I love them both dearly as much as they love me, but they sure do make their school grade expectations high. Actually, Geometry is the only class I'm failing.

  Never mind that, the walk home (which isn't very far actually) is much more peaceful. Very rarely will I venture into the forest, but today it just felt necessary, yanno? The sound of the river gliding past the jagged rocks and upturned roots calmed me.

 

  I placed myself onto the outstretched rock near the riverbed placing my head into the palms of my hands. The rock I sat on was cracked straight down the middle; weeds growing wherever they could find a settling place. 

  I lifted my eyes from the darkness and looked and the back of my hands. "why are they so bony?" I tensed my stomach, I couldn't even accept the appearance of my hands... pathetic.

  As the ball of self-hatred I am, I am dug the nails on my fingers into the thighs of my jeans. "Jesus Christ," I spat, "why can't I just be normal?"

  Oh, and by the way, I'm not too religious. I believe in a god... sorta. Like, not everything is there for me yet, but I keep my expectations low. Yanno, so if I end up dying all wrinkled, sad, and alone bleeding to death in a dark ally because someone stabbed me in the stomach for the thirty-seven cents in my pocket, I wont be too disappointed that my life amounted to nothing. 



© 2014 Kindra Elise


Author's Note

Kindra Elise
I really do hate that my chapters are so short.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You gave enough in the chapter. Making the character come to life. Strength and weaknesses making her feel she is real. I like her dislike for the math class and description of appearance and the desire to travel. Please send me read request. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting. Also, there is a lot of cursing. You might want to tone it down a bit. It turns off some readers. Otherwise, not bad.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kindra Elise

10 Years Ago

ah c: thank you
This is a great chapter. I don't think it is too short and again gives us enough detail to start empathising with your character, Isabelle. I am beginning to create an image of her and her surroundings. Great work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You gave enough in the chapter. Making the character come to life. Strength and weaknesses making her feel she is real. I like her dislike for the math class and description of appearance and the desire to travel. Please send me read request. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
She is someone I would be friends with, not out of pity; but because I've been there too. the more I read the more empathetic I become. it's hard but wonderful at the same time :) great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

402 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2014
Last Updated on March 22, 2014
Tags: teen, alone, broken, understanding, therapeutic, selfharm, depression


Author

Kindra Elise
Kindra Elise

TN



About
just an awkward little potato. I've used this site in the past but stopped writing for reasons I'm still not sure of, but I started a new account because this site is so amazing omf c: btw I w.. more..

Writing
anxiety anxiety

A Chapter by Kindra Elise


Isabelle Isabelle

A Chapter by Kindra Elise



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Brothers Brothers

A Story by Dark Rider