Home,Sweet Home

Home,Sweet Home

A Story by potato
"

After Alex moved across the ocean,she thinks she will never have friends again.But can someone help her??

"
1.
Alex sat under the big oak tree in her backyard. It had been two months since her family had moved from California to Italy. Her father worked for an industrial firm that had him relocated to their firm in Italy. They lived on the outskirts of a large town,but it was like night and day. 
The large town had rows and rows of buildings,while in the outskirts,your neighbor was about a half mile away. She couldn't complain about privacy though.And it was a very beautiful house with large windows and beautiful crown molding. Even the property around the house was beautiful,with a vegetable garden,a flower garden,and even an orchard. But to Alex,it wasn't home,it would never be home. Home was back in California with her friends and crazy waves.
When Alex was little,she had always wanted to move to Europe,but she didn't have good friends when she was little. Now she did,and she had to leave them all behind. She wished that her father had never taken that job in the first place. He had made a great high school teacher,but no,he had to go and do some crazy job for an industrial firm.

2.

"Alex"Her mom said."can't you just wait and see? I'm sure that you would love this new life if you would just go out and live it" "But mom,I don't want to.Okay? I have no friends and no clue about speaking Italian."could learn." her mother tried to convince her. Alex just turned around and locked herself in her room.
"Oh,sweetheart,please. Just give it a chance. You can't hide in there forever you know? You could go out and make new friends.Please don't do this anymore." Her mother said as she walked away from the door.Alex new that she would have to eventually stop hiding in her room,or outside,because school starts in two weeks. Alex did not want to start tenth grade here. But her mother had already filed out the forms and what not.
Alex would be taking art and orchestra as her two elective classes.She had been playing the double base for ten years,since she was five.She loved it and was very good at it too.

3.

"Welcome to Vince High School"A boy said to her while she was packing up her double Base."Thanks'Alex said. "Your very good. I've heard you playing in here after school for this past week.You're amazing." "Thanks"She said again and went to walk out.But he blocked her way. "You can't hid in here forever. You have to face the world eventually." He told her. "And I'm going to help you do that."
"Hi,I'm Evan." He said to her. She looked at him and his outstretched hand skeptically. But she said"Hi,I'm Alex."And took his hand.


The End

© 2014 potato


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
Added on August 14, 2014
Last Updated on August 14, 2014
Tags: Italy, California, move, moved, Alex, Evan, mom, hard

Author

potato
potato

NC



About
I love to write,I always have. Writing has always been my escape to my own little world and out of the terrifying one I was living in. I love to write fiction,but with some true stories of my life and.. more..

Writing
Mia Mia

A Poem by potato


The Ocean The Ocean

A Poem by potato


A Miracle? A Miracle?

A Chapter by potato