Where I come from:

Where I come from:

A Chapter by Victor P Vigil Jr
"

This book is about the experiences of my life that I believe you can learn from. I was always taught that any contribution to ones knowledge could make a huge difference in your life.

"

YOU NEVER KNOW!

                                         Inspire to Excel (Lessons made simple!)

 

 

Where I come from:

 

I guess you can call the year I was born an amazing year. The year nineteen hundred sixty nine 1969 (MCMLXIX) was a common year starting on Wednesday.  The year is associated with the first manned landing on the Moon (Apollo 11). I was born in a small town in Grants, New Mexico. I was fortunate to have both parents which made my life truly great. This book is about the experiences of my life that I believe you can learn from. I was always taught that any contribution to ones knowledge could make a huge difference in your life. My goal is to turn that light bulb on in your head to make an impact on your life in some way.

 Maybe something you read here will trigger your mind to excel like never before. I hope you enjoy my short stories of inspiration and small lessons in life.  I remember reading this from a book, “Anthony Robbins said,” “what can change in your life? Many things: a moment of deep thought and a few decisions as you complete this book could change everything, so could a conversation with a friend, a tape, a seminar, a movie or a big fat, juicy “problem” that causes you to expand and become more. This is the awakening you seek. So live in an attitude of positive expectancy knowing that everything happens in your life benefits you in some way.

 

 Know that you are guided along a path of never-ending growth and learning, and with it the path of everlasting love. Remember to expect miracles because you are one. Be a bearer of the light and a force for good. I now pass the torch on to you, share your gifts, share your passion and God bless you.” When I read this I was inspired beyond imagination. I hope you enjoy my short stories with small lessons I have learned over the past twenty years. My philosophy is keeping it simple if your children have trouble learning it you might want to find a better way of doing it. Remember keep it simple. It really is that easy.

 I have met a lot of people in my life and have tried to understand why some are the way they are. I remember my mother telling me that everyone on earth has a purpose.  Some find it right away and others could take a lifetime to find it.  My mother is a very positive woman.  I didn’t know that when I was young it took me until I was an adult to understand this.  My father is a very ambitious man.  I was taught to be positive and ambitious. I remember my mother always had her stories.  She would tell my brother and me that you could do anything you want in life as long as you believe.  This was back in the late 70’s and I know she had never heard of Zig Zigler. 

                     

My mother always told me to treat others how you wanted to be treated. My mother’s wisdom has been a big contribution to who I am today.   My father is a hard worker; he has always owned his own business. I have never known my father to work for someone else.  I remember him telling me to work hard and to work for your self.  He always had something to do whether at his business or at home, he was always a busy man.  My dad is a great man and let me tell you why.  He always made time for his family no matter how hard he worked.

 

  He managed his time well.  I have heard a lot of people say you can’t have your cake and eat it too.  Let me tell you my dad had his cake and ate it.  He had this amazing way of managing his time.  One of the secrets is he would hire people he could trust and he paid them what they were worth.  He didn’t make his business his life!  He made his life his business.  My parents are the most amazing parents that I have ever met.  I consider myself very fortunate to have had them because they made me who I am today.  Because of this I have looked at people to find out what makes us who we are. I have some conclusions we become like the ones who raise us and are influenced by the ones that we choose to associate with. We take what we learn from others and then make it our own.

 

Parents are a very precious part of who we are. I know that not all of us are fortunate to have both parents some only have one parent. I have met a lot of friends that only have one parent usually it was only the mother in their life. They would always tell me how lucky I was to have my Dad. The one wish they always had was to have a father. My friends grew up with a void of not having a father and you could see the difference in the way they respected men in their life. When a male role model would guide them they would excel in what was taught to them. Some other distant friends that didn’t have a male role model would always be in trouble.

 

 They would always blame someone for their situation. I want you to understand that not everyone has such great parents. I was very blessed to have the parents I have and it has guided my life. Others that I know have had the same or even a greater experience with their parents. Everyone has their own story about their childhood. Some are great stories with inspiration and others are very negative. So remember to thank your parents, tell them how much you love them and how they made you who you are today it’s an amazing feeling to let them know. Don’t wait call them, drive down to see them or how ever you want to tell them but do it now! This small act can change your life. It can also change your parent’s life.

 

I was once told not to wait until someone died to tell them you love them. Most people will tell a crowd of people at a church or at the burial site how much this person meant to them and how much they loved them. They also say I should have spent more time with them. So please spend time with the ones you love and tell them you love them now that they are still alive. Give them a hug this will change everything for you and them.

 

I have two brothers; one is eleven years older than me the other almost two years younger than me. My older brother was quiet for most of my childhood. As for my younger brother we did everything together. Sure we fought but we always stood by each other we were very close. We pretty much grew up together due to the fact that we were closer in age. I know today that the age difference between my younger brother and our older brother is the reason why he treated us different. My siblings made a contribution to my life they effected who I am today. Every family will experience some sort of sibling rivalry I took all my positive experiences from my brothers and that’s what made me more of a human being today.

 

I was helping a friend remodel his house on June 25, 2009. We were outside his garage when my wife yelled out Michael Jackson had just died.  I remember telling her yeah right she was on her cell phone using the web. I remember feeling sad and I thought to myself, what a great loss to the human race.  Michael Jackson inspired the world.  Later that day we found out it was true.  It was a great loss I thought to myself again.  I didn’t cry that day. On the day of Michael Jackson’s memorial, it hit me on my way to Albuquerque.  I was on the freeway and all of a sudden I started to cry.

 I was just thinking about how he had made a difference in my life and the life of others through his music. I was crying hard and I just could not believe how much I was crying.  I felt as if I had known Michael Jackson personally.  I thought how he had made a difference to the human race and I realized he made an impact to a lot of people.  Michael was what I call a tool of God.

 

 I believe that God sent Michael Jackson to us to make a huge change on how we believe in ourselves and how we make the world a better place. Michael knew how to love the world and taught the world to love him. He would say it’s all about love “l o v e” he would say. He taught people to open their eyes and really see life threw his music. What a beautiful gift he has given us. We have had a lot of great men through out time and each of these men have had a great contribution to the world, some in a positive way and some in a negative way but very few have had the impact that Michael Jackson has had.

 

Michael Jackson death has inspired me to write a book I have always wanted to write but I always procrastinated to do it. It’s sad that his death has caused me to want to write this book I can’t explain why I am writing today its just coming to me. I know that I’m not the best writer in the world but I have this urge just to write. So I will write until I complete this book. Remember Michael Jackson is a rare soul we see very few people like him in our lifetime. Michael Jackson was a great man of our time and I will never forget that for as long as I live. Michael Jackson has inspired me in more than one way. I don’t have to tell you that he was a great singer, dancer, songwriter, performer and author.

He had lots of great talents that inspired us all. The most significant trait that made Michael who he was is he found what he loved and believed in it. He took action in all that he loved songwriting, dancing, etc. and it made him great. We all have the gifts that Michael had we only need to believe in our selves to make it happen for us. Do you believe?

Belief is more powerful than you think; I will stress this lot in my book because it has made a huge impact in my life to know that what I believe has happened in my life. Remember thoughts are things, thoughts do manifest in real life. Michael was taught this at an early age that is why he was so successful. He was taught and then he had his own beliefs on how he saw his life. He made his life the way he envisioned it and this is the Michael Jackson we knew today.  I read a magazine that said he told one of his sisters he only won a few awards and was not happy with that he told her I am going to make the greatest album of all time. I am the greatest entertainer of all time Michael said” Michael Jackson made the thriller album and it became the greatest album ever worldwide. He also won more awards than anyone else that year. Awesome accomplishment for someone that believed in himself.

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Victor P Vigil Jr


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such an honest intimate write about yourself that surely inspires others. Heartwarming.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like your story Victor and don't worry about thinking that you're not a good writer. You know what they say...practice makes perfect! Keep on writing and you can only get better!

Posted 13 Years Ago


thanks for ur kind reviews....

Posted 13 Years Ago


tender words, leading us from 1 thought to another.... good job... anyway tell me what inspired you for a autobiography??

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

734 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2010
Last Updated on September 21, 2010
Tags: you never know victor p vigil jr


Author

Victor P Vigil Jr
Victor P Vigil Jr

Albuquerque, NM



About
About the Author Victor P Vigil Jr Victor has been married for twenty four years and has three children. He is a native of New Mexico born and raised. He believes anyone can become who they want.. more..

Writing