Mannequin

Mannequin

A Poem by Dr. YumnaKay
"

Ramblings of a Raging Mind

"
Today, I saw a mannequin on display. 

It wore pretty clothes, shoes, and even a wig to cover its bald head.

I wondered then, how would that mannequin feel if it came to life.

Would it feel excited to be given the chance of living like humans?

Would it enjoy everything that life has to offer?

Would it feel sad when betrayed by humans?

I kept thinking until it hit me...

I was looking at a mirror.
That mannequin was...me. 

And yet another thought hit me harder.

Isn't that what we've all become?

© 2022 Dr. YumnaKay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

First read of yours and I did so find it interesting.
Thank you so much for sharing your intense thoughts...
Lisa, now in Spain

Posted 1 Year Ago


I like it. It's thought-provoking. Thanks

Posted 1 Year Ago


A nice write. This one makes me value even more our gift of life.

Posted 1 Year Ago


hell is just a different version of heaven, I don't know how anyone can be anything but pleasantly disappointed. The point is to not really have a point... it's why I recommend to never learn too much math if you write poetry. It gets weird. Weirder than you probably think. We're just lucky we probably die before the actual ending. Ha... theres a type of pain coming that the very concept of description cannot describe. If I had to guess... 950 years, this place Starts to become unlivable for our type of life.

Posted 1 Year Ago


I think you describe the feeling of complete emptiness that can creep up on us from time to time. It is unpleasant to feel that hollowness. The void needs to be replaced. Yumna it has been a long time since I saw a post from you. Good to see you back here.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


Life has its moments when it does seem that way... Everything becomes pointless, things said and done out of habit... Then there comes a sense of hollowness. Sometimes people end up with suicide as the only way out.

In less extreme cases it's just a sobering thing that let's the individual realize certain things that are otherwise considered 'bad' or even counterproductive. For instance the utter worthlessness of life, that human life has no value, that all our social interactions are just games of manipulation played by the ego so it can get what it wants, only to later end up wanting more.

Human tragedy?... Maybe.
That's as much part of life as anything else. The loss of that sense of wonder.

Attempting to fill the void with physical sensations, and it works... For a while. Existence becomes one big exercise of futility... Life's just not exciting or interesting anymore.

People don't matter especially those who are still unaware of their own 'hollowness' just waiting to be discovered.

It's an interesting condition.
But then life happens along and the void loses its importance simply because it has no purpose or meaning and while life doesn't either, there comes the point where the individual has to provide for their needs and that demands getting back into the same old boring system.

Nice write.

Posted 1 Year Ago


I would hope that not all of us have become hollow. This is a terrifying thought.
🖤

Posted 1 Year Ago


But hollow inside...I have felt like a mannequin a bit more often than I would like to think.
Your short poem says so much.
j.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Hello dear friend. When we learn. We do everything for other people. We can be become disappointed.
"I was looking at a mirror.
That mannequin was...me. "
I do understand the above statements. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 3, 2022
Last Updated on December 3, 2022

Author

Dr. YumnaKay
Dr. YumnaKay

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
|Dentist| |Poet| |Writer| |Realist| |Enthusiast| |Eccentric| |Egocentric| |Anti-social| |INTJ| |Cancerian| more..

Writing
Seconds Seconds

A Poem by Dr. YumnaKay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Story My Story

A Chapter by Nix is typing...