The photograph

The photograph

A Story by zz
"

Entry for a contest. Linda's story.

"

The girl tossed her brown hair making the boy behind the camera laugh. She stood, her straight back leaning against a budding tree. The beach could be seen a little ways off, the waves breaking on the rich sand in white crested rows. The wind was whipping her hair across her face, her brown eyes twinkling.

"Can you hurry up?" she begged, shivering. The boy held up a finger signaling 'in a minute'. His green eyes were lumionous against his chocolate skin. He ran a hand through his curly, black hair.

"Can you put your arm like that?" he asked putting his arm behind his head. She obeyed and he snapped a picture.

"One more," he informed her. "And then we can go inside. Smile." She smiled and the flash went off.

"Okay," the boy said. The girl took his hand and put it on her waist. Together, the walked inside the beach house they had rented. Her manager had gone away for the day leaving the two forbidden lovers alone together.

 "Tea?" the boy asked putting the kettle on the stove. The girl nodded, wrapping herself in a quilt.

"Show me the pictures?" she asked. The boy set out two cups and walked over.

"Scooch," he said and sat down. He turned on the camera and she leaned on him to look at the pictures.

"I like that one," she said pointing at the one with her arm behind her head.

"Yeah..." the boy said. In the background, the kettle screamed. He turned to him, a silly grin on his face.

"What?" The girl asked as the photographer pulled the quilt over their heads and kissed her.

 

© 2008 zz


Author's Note

zz
Totally random. Edited for your pleasure.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I don't think this is totally random at all. There's a direction to it. Your descriptions lead me to think about their relationship. Are they in a long term relationship, or is he just a photographer that she's sleeping with until something else comes along? Nothing shows much commitment from either side.

I liked this a lot.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I don't think this is totally random at all. There's a direction to it. Your descriptions lead me to think about their relationship. Are they in a long term relationship, or is he just a photographer that she's sleeping with until something else comes along? Nothing shows much commitment from either side.

I liked this a lot.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderfully written, I love the descriptions.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2008
Last Updated on July 23, 2008

Author

zz
zz

Portland, OR



About
I have two fanfics on this site, a couple of fanfics on http://www.fanfiction.net/~lizzielou16, two fanfics on http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewuser.php?showuid=120820. Check them out! I have .. more..

Writing
The Model The Model

A Story by zz


Yuna Yuna

A Book by zz





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5