The Model

The Model

A Story by zz
"

Inspired by Bailish. A sequel to The Photograph.

"

Mary watched the photographer fumble with his camera, nearly dropping the expensive piece of technolodgy in his haste. She sighed and pushed a piece of her brown hair out of her face. She was tired of posing and just wanted to go into the rented cabin and fall asleep.

"Are you ready?" she demanded irritibly. She crossed her arms over her scantily clad chest that was making the assistants drool.

"Just a second," the young man called back. He walked closer to her and instructed her to pose in the ways he wanted. When they were done Mary's faithful assistant, Linda hurried over to her and wrapped her up in a nice fleece jacket.

"Well?" she snapped. "Are they any good?" She tried to look at the pictures but a strong hand clamped down on her skinny shoulder, stopping her from looking.

"I'll deal with it, princess," her manager said. "Go inside and get some rest." He tilted her face up to his and gave her a kiss. She nodded dutifully and walked over to the small cabin. She crawled into the only bed while Linda made her some tea.

"Here you go, miss," Linda said handing her a steaming cup of Jasmine tea, her favorite.

The door to the cabin opened and Mary's manager came in.

"You looked great as usual," he assured Mary. Then he turned to Linda and his face hardened. "Go and see if the crew needs some help packing up." he instructed. Once Linda was gone, he sat down on the bed and kissed Mary again, this time longer and more passionate.

 

Linda grumbled to herself as she trudged up to the rest of the crew. She used to be the star, the beautiful model. That had been before the accident that had left half her face scarred and Alec, her manager scrambled to find a new model. That's when Mary came in, prettier and more confident than Linda ever had been. She stomped past Art's assitstants who shrank back and up to Art.

"I don't think I'll be able to handle much more of this," she said pouting. Art put down his camera and hugged her.

"Soon," he whispered into her ear. The assistants shook their heads, they had no idea what Art saw in her. Maybe that was because they couldn't look past the skin and into a person's soul like Art could. Then agan, not many people can.

© 2008 zz


Author's Note

zz
I might change it or I might not, Who knows.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for the compliment of saying I inspired you, but it was no more than a nudge, honestly. The inspiration truly came from within you.

This is much better. I understand their relationship better, I start to relate to their feelings. I don't feel as much as an outsider, but rather that I'm an intimate participant. Thanks for the re-write.


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 23, 2008

Author

zz
zz

Portland, OR



About
I have two fanfics on this site, a couple of fanfics on http://www.fanfiction.net/~lizzielou16, two fanfics on http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewuser.php?showuid=120820. Check them out! I have .. more..

Writing
The photograph The photograph

A Story by zz


Yuna Yuna

A Book by zz