Show Your ISBN At The Door : Forum : Self Publishing

Self Publishing

16 Years Ago

I had someone ask me about Print-On-Demant book printers and who offers the best deals. I explained that I had checked out CreateSpace and Cafe Press, and had found CreateSpace to be vastly superior. I wanted to put this to this group. Has anyone self published or investigated self publishing and come up with any insight on this question?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Lulu.com is good as well. Just make sure you investigate all the details to make sure there are no hidden costs you aren't expecting.  ;-)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I have done some research and from what I have heard, LuLu is very good. It seems like Create Space costs less up front but takes more of the profit from each sold book, so they are probably pretty equal in overall cost.

I've heard AWFUL stuff about Publish America.

Xulon and Xlibris are incredibly pricey. Authorhouse provides a great completed book - but they too seem pricier than LuLu.

I know of a small publisher - Osbey Books - who may also be able to give some insight. Pam Osbey has done a lot of self publishing - and now I believe she utilizes LuLu to assist other start up writers.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Lulu or CreateSpace sounds like a tough decision. Back to the investigation, I guess.