The tragic legand of an old sakura tree

The tragic legand of an old sakura tree

A Story by Faust
"

This may have a trigger warning. Please read the tags.

"
There once was a woman who loved a man very much. They knew that they were destined to be together. Although, their parents disagreed. They did not like the man's family. This was because the woman came from a very wealthy family. She has never had to work a day in her life. The man, however, was nothing but a poor farmer who only owned a few cows and a horse. But to the woman he was more than that. He was her shining star, for with wealth came loneliness. When she met the man, she became happier. She became more energetic and got to experience new things. One day, the man took her to see a sakura tree. Thousands of beautiful light-pink flowers fluttered to the ground, litering the damp grass below from the early morning rain. From that day forward, that has been their spot. They would meet their every night at midnight until the sun started to rise over the horizon. The man on the back of the horse and the woman on foot. This went on for a full year, until one day, the man asked the woman if she would be his bride. She of course said yes. I wish I could say that they lived out the rest of their days happy as can be, but then this wouldn't be a tragedy. The night before the wedding, they had planned to meet eachother by the old Sakura tree. The woman showed up, but the man didn't. She waited for a long time. Seconds turned to minutes. Minuted to hours. And hours eventually became early morning. She decided to set off to find her fiance. She spent the whole day looking with no luck. Eventually, she had no choice but to go to his family. When she arrived at their farm, the door opened to reveal the grim expressions of his parents. Apparently, on his way to meet his future wife, he was killed by falling off his horse. Grief stricken, the woman ran to the sakura tree stabbed her already broken heart with a small blade. Their she passed, right under that old sakura tree. Right under the very tree that true love was born, grew, and then ripped away. There, that tree still stands, still sheds the pink flowers, and still is a reminder that though the body is gone, true love never dies.

© 2019 Faust


Author's Note

Faust
This is a story that I just thought up. It is kind of a rip-off of romeo and juliet.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

When you say "rip-off" in author's notes, this demeans your writing. I can't let this pass by without saying EVERYONE uses existing art for inspiration! We ALL write about paintings or movies or songs or other stories. Since you tell your story with conversational asides (where the author butts into the storytelling, as if speaking to the reader), this makes your piece sound like a SPOOF not a rip-off. You are kinda making fun of how Romeo & Juliet is so sappy. Own your sarcastic approach to storytelling, and you will become an evermore creative & hilarious spoofer, I'm quite sure. It's fun to spoof corny s**t from old times. Or modern s**t, too! I hope I've convinced you to own your sassy spirit & not write apologetic garbage in your authors notes *wink! wink!* Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


I find it quite unique. This felt like a new vision into someone else's life. I thought you did good for just thinking it up. Coming up with idea right on the spot.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Faust

5 Years Ago

Thank you:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 15, 2019
Last Updated on January 15, 2019
Tags: Death by animal, death by stabbing, suicide

Author

Faust
Faust

Sun Prairie, WI



About
I'm back! I don't think anyone noticed that I closed my account for a short time though lol. Basically my sister was messing with my computer and it screwed up my account more..

Writing
This year This year

A Story by Faust


$20 $20

A Story by Faust



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Death do us part Death do us part

A Story by Faust