Miss Dasiy's Secret

Miss Dasiy's Secret

A Story by A.E. Reed
"

Miss Daisy is crazy and has a secret that no one has lived to tell.

"

Old Miss Daisy was crazy, well, the craziest in Marienville anyway. Miss Daisy always sat in a rocking chair on the front porch of her old, two-story house. The porch was wide and long closed in by a screen door. Her house was broken and creepy, the wooden floors creaking with every step and it was widely spread that her house was haunted. Though Miss Daisy paid no mind, she cared, not what people said, but what the truth was and that was why she was crazy.

In Marienville everything was about appearances. While Miss Daisy had an old, wrinkly face and shabby clothes that were torn in big gashes most women had chic and stylish dresses, pencil skirts, and blouses. The men all wore suits and never was a hair out of place. But that only covered the evil that lay underneath. The women would turn against each other, and men stayed out late at night in bars towns over. The children were evil and always antagonized Miss Daisy but one day Miss Daisy had had enough.

A group of kids, about 3, decided to play a nasty trick on Miss Daisy. They snuck to her room, avoided the creaky floorboards and the groaning doors. They grabbed some rope and some tools. The kids were told that Miss Daisy was a demon and they wanted to know for sure. But what they didn’t know was that Miss Daisy expected them.  She hid away in secret corners, shrouded by the darkness, and watched them.

“Johnny, you go and find something to hold her down,” said the oldest boy wearing khaki pants and a matching shirt; he seemed to be the leader of them all. Johnny nodded and walked off into another room. Miss Daisy followed quietly. Johnny was a small boy, at the oldest maybe 6, and it hurt Miss daisy to have to do this to the boy, but only a little. She sang a soft little song, just loud enough for the boy to hear.

Got a secret,

Can you keep it?

Swear this one you’ll save.

Better lock it in your pocket,

Taking this one to the grave.

If I show you,

Then I know you won’t tell what I said.

Because two can’t keep a secret

If one of them is dead,” She hissed the last word and came out of the shadows, the moonlight reflecting off her pale skin and she somehow looked older, much older than possible.

“What are you going to do?” the boy asked clearly scared. Miss Daisy just smiled her lips curling at the edges showing bleach white teeth to the boy. She walked up to the boy and tilted his face toward her. Slowly, descending and when her lips met his he instantly fell limp, his knees buckling and falling into Miss Daisy’s arms. When she pulled back a thin wisp of white hung from her mouth and she opened her mouth breathing it in, while her body began to transform. Her face had less wrinkles, her clothes were much nicer, and her smile was much scarier.

She dropped back into the shadows, still hungry for more.

© 2011 A.E. Reed


Author's Note

A.E. Reed
Okay, the song is Secret by The Pierces and you should really listen to it. The idea is based off of something I read a while ago from another site. Also, if you don't get it, she's a demon (kind of) that eat souls. Let me know if I should write about the other two boys as well.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow this was really good. I loved the ending. It kid or remindsme of that movie about the girl who is a star and the witches want to eat her heart so they can be young and beautiful I like the use of the sog to, a nice, very creepy effect. The personification of "groaning doors" was good. Nice write:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow im gonna have nightmares like no joke.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is maliciously dark. Does she feed off the evil of the people around her or something? Miss Daisy is the perfect name for a demon. Good job. Write More.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2010
Last Updated on October 5, 2011

Author

A.E. Reed
A.E. Reed

FL



About
So, I won't go crazy with this because I know most people won't read it unless they're your stalker or something. I'm pretty much just a typical girl. I like to have fun and hang out with my friends (.. more..

Writing