April 10, 1912

April 10, 1912

A Chapter by A.E. Reed
"

The story of a little 8 year old girl aboard the RMS Titanic.

"

April 10, 1912

“Ready!” exclaimed a little girl rushing down the stairs, her blonde hair and pink frilly dress billowing behind her. Her ice blue eyes twinkled in delight as she reached the foot of the stairs.

“Perfect, Marilyn,” said her mother, Victoria, her pale hands clasped in front of her. Victoria snapped her fingers and gestured toward a pile of suitcases in the corner. Suddenly, a maid in a blue and white dress walked gracefully out of another room and began moving the heavy suitcases toward the door.

“Oh no! I almost forgot!” Marilyn exclaimed rushing back up the stairs.

“Marilyn!” her mother frowned but let Marilyn scurry up the stairs. Seconds later Marilyn came back down the stairs, a raggedy old teddy bear with one eye missing in her tiny hands, “Marilyn. What did I say about that wretched bear of yours!?” her mother reprimanded trying to yank the bear from her daughters hands.

“No, Mommy! No!” she cried. With a sigh, her mother let go and stalked toward the door.

“Miriam,” the maid from before stood to attention in front of Victoria, “keep the house clean while I am gone. I expect this place to be in tip-top shape when I get back. You know how I dislike dirt,” Victoria continued and with a nod Miriam walked off. With a bow, Theodore, their butler, opened the door for the two.

“Pretty!” Marilyn squealed as she saw the limo they were to ride in. Marilyn dashed out and jumped into the car. Victoria shook her head at Marilyn and sat in beside her daughter.

“Marilyn,” she said strictly and Marilyn’s eyes widened as she turned to her mother, “this trip is very important. You may not mess this up. We are going on the RMS Titanic, it is the biggest ship of our time and we are going to take it all the way to New York to see your father.”

“Daddy!” her daughter exclaimed, bouncing up and down on the black leather seats, “We going to see Daddy?”

Victoria nodded, “Yes, we will see your father. Now, on the Titanic you are to maintain your best behaviour. We will be meeting with Mr. Montgomery, he is a good friend of your fathers and he will be spending a lot of time with us. You may explore the ship if you like but you must tell me first. Understood?” Marilyn nodded, “Good.”

-0o0-

Hours later they stood on the docks, a massive ship towering in front of them. Marilyn grabbed her mother’s hand.

“Mommy, that ship is huge!” she said, her eyes going wide as she fully took in just how big the ship was. All her mother did was nod and continue pushing her way through the crowd while their chauffer, Russell, pulled their luggage toward the ship. When they finally made their way to the front a man stood asking for names.

“Mrs. and Ms. O’Connor as well as Mr. Moore,” Victoria said to the man, holding her head high. The man nodded at her, seemingly bored with his job, and she proceeded forward with the other two in tow. Following the halls they finally reached their bedroom. The room was huge with two beds backed against the wall, each with a dark nightstand on the left side. The sheets were made of the softest material and the nightstands and dresser made of the finest wood. Russell dropped the bags to the side of the door and stood straight up, not meeting Victoria’s eyes.

“Anything else, Mrs. O’Connor?” he asked with a blank face.

“No, you are dismissed,” she replied, waving a hand toward the door. Slowly, she walked around the room, inspecting everything. Marilyn clambered onto the bed and sat Indian style.

Victoria turned around sharply, “Unpack your bags then go to sleep. We have a long day tomorrow and you need to be rested. If I come back and you are not asleep they will be consequences,” with that she gracefully walked into the hall and shut the door behind her. With a pout Marilyn got up and began unpacking. An hour or two later she lay sprawled out on the bed sound asleep.



© 2011 A.E. Reed


Author's Note

A.E. Reed
So, I wanted to wait till everything was written out but I just couldn't so it'll be a while till something else gets posted. I hope I didn't offend anyone and I'd like to make a few things clear.

1. I do not wish to mock anyone and I hope I do not offend anyone with what I have written. I hope you all understand that I wish this event never had taken place and that I just wish to express my inspiration and to show how tragic this event was.

2. Victoria and Marilyn are NOT real people. Actually, no one in this story is as far as I am concerned.

3. Victoria and Marilyn as well as their butler boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg, France at 6:30 and left at 8 pm on April 10, 1912. I have done as much research as physically possible and hope all my facts are straight. If not, please alert me and I'll be happy to change it.

-A.E. Reed :)

P.S. REVIEW! XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the plot this this story. I really can't wait to read on. I don't like the mother, but I do like the daughter. She is really cute, but the mother seems mean. I hate mean mothers. This was a great story though. Thank you for sharing. :3

Posted 11 Years Ago


WONDERFUL!! Amazing plot! ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


really cool! sorry i only read thwe first chapter, im at school, but I will read the rest later! I really liked the names you chose. This is very interesting and sounds promising. Great start.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I am totally OFFENDED!!! jkjk :) I love Titanic. It was one of my favorite movies and I read one of those Dear America books about it once. I loved it. This was a good start. I don't like Victoria much so far. She seems so.... strict. Marilyn seems cute though. Keep up the good work:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2011
Last Updated on October 5, 2011


Author

A.E. Reed
A.E. Reed

FL



About
So, I won't go crazy with this because I know most people won't read it unless they're your stalker or something. I'm pretty much just a typical girl. I like to have fun and hang out with my friends (.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Waiting Waiting

A Poem by That_Guy