April 12, 1912 (Part 1)

April 12, 1912 (Part 1)

A Chapter by A.E. Reed
"

The story of a little 8 year old girl aboard the RMS Titanic.

"

April 12, 1912

Today Marilyn woke up before her mother and began picking out her best exploring clothes; a white button down shirt, her khaki shorts, and a pair of old ballerina flats. After she had gotten all her clothes picked out she took a quick shower and got dressed. She walked out of the bathroom, her hair in loose pigtails, and sat at a round table in the corner of the room, next to the dresser.

Her mother sat across from her drinking coffee and reading a piece of paper, “Your father says that he can’t wait for us to get to New York,” she said groggily taking another sip of her coffee. Marilyn smiled wide.

“So, Mommy,” Marilyn began, “can I go exploring again today. I didn’t get very far yesterday.”

Victoria sighed; she hadn’t appreciated Marilyn dropping in earlier than expected. She had wanted some time to talk to Mr. Montgomery without her daughter, “I guess. Just be careful and come back at a decent time.”

Marilyn nodded and grabbed a bag, “I’m going to go by the restaurant and get some food and water so I can have a picnic on the deck!” she shouted running out the door and into the hall. Her mother winced and stood up from her chair. She had a date with Mr. Montgomery in a few hours.

-0o0-

Marilyn had traveled all of the first class area and most of the second class; now she was bored. Of course, she was still planning to have her picnic but she wanted to wait a little later. Maybe she would see the man she had seen the day before again. With a small sigh, she pulled her bag across the deck and sat down by the railing. Inside her bag was some cheese, fruits, crackers and other snack items, so much for a picnic, she also had a small bottle of water, half empty, to keep her hydrated.

“Nice picnic you have there,” said a voice from behind her. With a jolt, she turned around to meet the face of a young boy in his early teens. He had unruly brown hair and sparkling gray eyes. He had a tattered green shirt and dirty black pants. Marilyn gasped; it was the boy from yesterday!

“Y-yes…” Marilyn stuttered.

The boy smiled and crouched down, “You mind if I join you for a bit? I like to stare out at the sea sometimes. It calms me.”

“Oh, it’s fine,” Marilyn offered him so cheese and crackers, “I’ve never really seen the sea much…” she said quietly.

“Really?” he asked flabbergasted, “Well, now’s your chance.” Marilyn nodded and stared at the water splashing against the side of the boat. Every once in a while she would sneak a glance at the boy and finally a thought struck her. She didn’t even know the boys name!

“Mr.? Uh… what’s your name?” she asked shyly.

“Virgil,” he said not tearing his eyes away form the ocean, “and yours?”

“Marilyn Charlotte O’Connor!” Marilyn exclaimed. Virgil chuckled as Marilyn smiled wide.

“That’s a pretty name Ms. Marilyn,” he said and she blushed.

“Thank you,” she mumbled, “I like your name too. I’ve never met a Virgil before…”

“Than that makes me one of a kind, huh?” Marilyn nodded, “How old are you, Ms. Marilyn?”

“You don’t have to call me Ms. and I’m 8, almost 9 in September!”

“Wow, you’re getting old!” Virgil joked.

“Nu-uh! You are!”

“But you don’t know how old I am!”

“Do too!”

“Do not!”

“Do too!”

“Marilyn!” came the sharp tone of her mother’s voice. Marilyn turned her head sharply around, her eyes wide. Virgil followed her gaze and scrambled to get up.

“I must be off, it was nice meeting you Ms. Marilyn,” Virgil smiled and quickly ran across the deck.

Marilyn’s mother towered above her, “What did I say about 3rd class passengers!?” she shrieked.



© 2011 A.E. Reed


Author's Note

A.E. Reed
Another one! 3 in a day! Boy! No reviews, sadly, but what the hey! It don't matter! Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Bwahahahah I love her reaction xD

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
1 Review
Added on June 1, 2011
Last Updated on October 5, 2011


Author

A.E. Reed
A.E. Reed

FL



About
So, I won't go crazy with this because I know most people won't read it unless they're your stalker or something. I'm pretty much just a typical girl. I like to have fun and hang out with my friends (.. more..

Writing